Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just 1 Goal difference between me (5th) and 4th, and I need to get into the CL.

Just 1 Goal difference between me (5th) and 4th, and I need to get into the CL.

Greetings everyone.

Posting for the first time here, though I have read the general and formation guides and it really helps a lot.

This is my first season, so I am a lvl 1 newbie. I have a team around 16.7 quality and I used 4-2-2-2 (Hexagonal formation).
    I am playing a bot in the final game today and the bot uses 3-4-3. I worked it out that my formation isn't the best formation to use against 3-4-3 and after going through the formation guide, I am reverting to a 4-3-2wingers-1 formation tonight.

What are the detailed tactics to use though? I was thinking of setting the mentality at normal and force counter attacks through short passing through the middle. Will it work?

I am just 1 goal behind the manager who is at 4th and I really want to get into the CL next season. Any help is appreciated.

PS: I play the game on my phone (android)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anuragcfc View Post
    Greetings everyone.

Posting for the first time here, though I have read the general and formation guides and it really helps a lot.

This is my first season, so I am a lvl 1 newbie. I have a team around 16.7 quality and I used 4-2-2-2 (Hexagonal formation).
    I am playing a bot in the final game today and the bot uses 3-4-3. I worked it out that my formation isn't the best formation to use against 3-4-3 and after going through the formation guide, I am reverting to a 4-3-2wingers-1 formation tonight.

What are the detailed tactics to use though? I was thinking of setting the mentality at normal and force counter attacks through short passing through the middle. Will it work?

I am just 1 goal behind the manager who is at 4th and I really want to get into the CL next season. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Not really, If your looking to try and attack the middle then your looking at playing a formation such as Narrow Diamond or 4-3N-1-2.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Not really, If your looking to try and attack the middle then your looking at playing a formation such as Narrow Diamond or 4-3N-1-2.
    I don't really have a good DMC, so Narrow Diamond is ruled out. I can play 4-3N-1-2 through the middle, but that would mean benching my AML who's the best midfielder in my team. Do I still go ahead with this formation? If yes, do I counter the bot with Normal mentality?

Or should I be using 4-3-2W-1 formation, down both flanks? On counter and normal mentality?

Thanks.

motivated 4-1-4-1 with red arrows on wing/fullbacks and ST, counter long both flanks .. defend if away and normal at home.. i beat them all the time
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    motivated 4-1-4-1 with red arrows on wing/fullbacks and ST, counter long both flanks .. defend if away and normal at home.. i beat them all the time
    I don't know much about the 4-1-4-1 Motivated formation. Assuming it would need a DMC, which I don't currently have. Care to tell me more about the formation? And should I get into the transfer market for a DMC? I don't have much money though.

just put your best players on the field and attack him from behind
    Currently playing level 8 (season 8)

The league:
    1st place level 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

The Champions league:
    1st place level 2,3,4,5,6 - 2nd place level 7

The cup:
    1/4 final level 3

Banned
    I don't really have a good DMC, so Narrow Diamond is ruled out. I can play 4-3N-1-2 through the middle, but that would mean benching my AML who's the best midfielder in my team. Do I still go ahead with this formation? If yes, do I counter the bot with Normal mentality?

Or should I be using 4-3-2W-1 formation, down both flanks? On counter and normal mentality?

Thanks.
    geez, 3N-1-4-2 is the one i win with. Just play your AML as the ML to put him in the side or Just play 3N-1-3-1-2 without the ML and put in the AML?

attacking, zonal, mixed, no off, no counter

Rookie
    if you've been using 2 central midfielders, AMR, AML and 2 strikers, you've got the beating of 3-4-3. Use forward arrows on your AMR and AML, attack down the flanks, pass short and mark zonally. Alternative is using 3 narrow at the back, 3 narrow in midfield with the same front four.

FCB
    Greetings everyone.

Thanks
    As July said, 4-4-2 Narrow diamond works well ....
    FCB - Indian Team

Playing form 2013

I don't know much about the 4-1-4-1 Motivated formation. Assuming it would need a DMC, which I don't currently have. Care to tell me more about the formation? And should I get into the transfer market for a DMC? I don't have much money though.
    how on hell you don't have a DMC? comn .. he is very important for 50% of formations
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast