Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Maor23
  • 1 Post By July Fourth

Thread: Is my team cursed?

Is my team cursed?

I just don't ****ing get it.. why is the engine ALWAYS against me?! it's not like it's once, twice, trice even twenty times, it's so much more. sometimes I just think my team is cursed, I don't know.

so I decided to tank the league this season, just to have a better chance of winning it next season, because apparently I have to have a much better team than the rest of the league in order to get close to winning it. for example, my striker, a cup and CL monster, but in the league he's 2011 Torres.

but that's alright, it can happen, I can lose against much weaker teams 3 out of 8 matches (whatever), but why do I deserve getting kicked out of the cup, every single season, from away goals and in such an embarrassing way? I lost the first leg outside 2-0 even though I was better, but that's alright it's football. this is what happened in my home match today, classic top eleven result for me.

not even to mention half my squad is injured because that's everybody's problem on this game but what the **** is this supposed to be? 5th consecutive season this is happening.. one of the seasons I won first leg 3-1 away, lost 4-1 at home from 89th minute goal. another season I won 1-0 away, at home 90th minute goal gave the opponent 1-0 and lost on penalties. Cizek is a penalty kick taker, I guess it's only good for a penalty in 5-0 and not a crucial one right?

going to give this game next season to see if it changes, because I really enjoy playing it, but what's happening is a disgrace to football, disgrace to manager games, and disgrace for us as a community.

good night ya'll.
    thon and werewolf122 like this.

Can I have that striker for my level 3 team ????? hope your luck turns soon
    Rowland Is the Fat conTROLLer

Same problem for me. Only on my 4th Season, but i am still yet to get past the qualifying stages.....

Every team i have been up against has been slightly higher rated than me, but it just seems if i win, i loose hard next leg.

Example, i won 2-1 at home. My team is 36.9 rated compared to this level 7 who's team was 37 rated. I took a 3-0 loss. I used 4-5-1v against his 4-4-2. I had 1 counter attack through to goal, and yes i put it over. He got a free kick, goal. Corner, header, goal. Just seems im stuck in every cup lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Scrivener View Post
    Can I have that striker for my level 3 team ????? hope your luck turns soon
    I'd give you Papaleo at the end of this season... be close to 120 quality and still knows where the back of the net is, just a shame that levelling up each time a player loses out relatively quality wise and the ever losing battle against age.
    Phil Scrivener likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Just one example from me in the Cup this season.

Lost 0-2 at home. Out, I won 0-2 and I've been eliminated in the penalties by 4-3, and I've a GK with SA penalty-kick stopper and 3 players with SA in penalties kicks...

In 6 seasons the far I can go in the Cup once, was to the quarters, the rest of them just to play-offs and qualifying stages.

It's really short results in the Cup...
    Last edited by casper™; 07-09-2013 at 08:01 PM.
    Team - Top Gun
    Current Season: 110 - League Level: 93

League - Champion - 35
    League - Runner Up - 19
    League 3rd Place - 10

CUP - Champion - 8
    CUP - Runner Up - 4
    CUP - 3rd Place - 4

Champions League - Champion - 10
    Champions League - Runner Up - 6
    Champions League - 3rd Place - 9

Super League - Champion - 1
    Super Cup - Champion - 1
    Facebook
    - Top Eleven Portugal

I went out the cup on away goals this season as well.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Apprentice
    I miss 2011 Torres, how I laughed at Chelsea and their £50mil investment.

Anyhoo, yeah ... that result must have been one swift kick to the balls, when he missed that penalty that late on. The other manager must have been danced himself to sleep.

Edit: Went out on away goals in the cup as well, same results as yours. Tis a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by casper™ View Post
    Just one example from me in the Cup this season.

Lost 0-2 at home. Out, I won 0-2 and I've been eliminated in the penalties by 4-3, and I've a GK with SA penalty-kick stopper and 3 players with SA in penalties kicks...

In 6 seasons the far I can go in the Cup once, was to the quarters, the rest of them just to play-offs and qualifying stages.

It's really short results in the Cup...
    10 seasons here, best is top 16, and I always have slightly above average team and I'm active in 99% of the matches. I don't know what to say anymore I'm just really frustrated with these results.

if so many of you can relate, I guess there's really something wrong here and not only in my team but it's been like that ever since I started playing and no one seems to care about us, if it's the massive injuries or the friendly matches feature that people are constantly complaining about and nothing is done about it. I don't know the developers and I don't know what they're thinking but it seems that they couldn't care less about the community that pays their wages and that's the biggest problem.