Thread: Testing season

Pro

Testing season

It seems that this month/season there have been more complaints about results than in the previous seasons.

At first, I was contributing it to bad management, bad luck, etc. but I am starting to wonder what if Nordeus decided to test some servers or just teams by adjusting NGE to spit out random results to see what effect it will have on players. To see if it would make people spend more money. Sure it looks like a risky strategy but if it's done on 0.1% of the players, maybe not a big deal if the analysis turns against them.

Same goes with the videos. Let's see if removal of booster packs will increase, decrease or not have effect on token spending.

I am not having any problems with my team's results but a lot of higher level managers are complaining. More so than previous years and I wonder if there is more to it than bad luck, wrong formations.

Apprentice
    I think there is a large element of "I spent money on the game, I should win" mentality with a lot of people on these boards. They expect that you can throw scouts at opposition teams and come away with a victory 95% of the time.

Saying that though, my observations of the games i've played this season ... the starting tactics/formations of a game seem to have a huge effect on the game, regardless of how quickly you change to remedy getting beaten. This being said, it's almost as if each game has a modifier that has an impact on the vital result ... this possible maybe a lot of BS, but it feels that way sometimes.

Rookie
    I am not sure tactics to be so important. In my league the first one have never change it. He has not been defeated yet. The second classified team have never changed tactics. And he always play with only three defenders (only one dc). And this is the league with more active and competitive teams i have played since i started eight seasons ago.

Apprentice
    That's what i'm saying, whatever you start off with seems to be the most important element of the result.

Rookie
    I faced many strange results in cup and CL matches, but I think they're due to the strategy, because I have had 3 comebacks (I.e. winning in 2nd leg after losing the 1st leg) so far this season, because of changing my formation to more suitable formations.
    Maybe, the new engine requires changing our formations in every match!

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon Bhatti View Post
    I think there is a large element of "I spent money on the game, I should win" mentality with a lot of people on these boards. They expect that you can throw scouts at opposition teams and come away with a victory 95% of the time.

Saying that though, my observations of the games i've played this season ... the starting tactics/formations of a game seem to have a huge effect on the game, regardless of how quickly you change to remedy getting beaten. This being said, it's almost as if each game has a modifier that has an impact on the vital result ... this possible maybe a lot of BS, but it feels that way sometimes.
    When you lose more than once-twice to teams with 10-15 Q less than yours, and the statistics show 20+ shoots/10+ on target for you, and 8/4 for them, but you lose 0-3 or lose anyways, then you should ask yourself how is that possible.

The problem is that one thing is you losing with opponents overwhelming you, or playing on par with you. Another one is to dominate pressure and possession every match but lose/draw without apparent reasons. I had that going on my team at season's start, then now my alt f2p account is going through the same.

A lil example:

Last 3 of 4 matches.

Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    Same goes with the videos. Let's see if removal of booster packs will increase, decrease or not have effect on token spending.
    I do have the booster pack videos on Facebook.

I've seen several real matches, where the stronger side had 40+ shots against 1 for the oposition, and still lost the game. I also remember a match of the Italian league, Udinese-A.C. Milan, where Udinese had an overwelming posession, and conceeded 5 goals in 5 counters by A.C. Milan.

Only thing, in Top11 it does seems to be happening too frequently. I wonder if they tweaked the engine so that weaker teams perform better against stronger ones (it's a fact that weak teams get an extra motivation when playing stronger ones, as the stronger ones tend to relax), trying to balance the game a little, and overdid it.

Someone pointed that weak players, from weaker teams, tend to have very good ratings. I can tell you that in my league, the 2 top places on the ratings are 2* players of one of the weakest teams in the league.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinger View Post
    I've seen several real matches, where the stronger side had 40+ shots against 1 for the oposition, and still lost the game. I also remember a match of the Italian league, Udinese-A.C. Milan, where Udinese had an overwelming posession, and conceeded 5 goals in 5 counters by A.C. Milan.

Only thing, in Top11 it does seems to be happening too frequently. I wonder if they tweaked the engine so that weaker teams perform better against stronger ones (it's a fact that weak teams get an extra motivation when playing stronger ones, as the stronger ones tend to relax), trying to balance the game a little, and overdid it.

Someone pointed that weak players, from weaker teams, tend to have very good ratings. I can tell you that in my league, the 2 top places on the ratings are 2* players of one of the weakest teams in the league.
    True you do get results in real life that are bizzare but they are once in a blue moon for every team, when you start losing against weaker opposition on the regular it makes you wonder! Im currently 10 points off the lead in the league in my 7th season and ive the best quality in my league (not by much). My game stats are generally alot better than my opposition but still seem to get beat. You see alot of people on here blame tactics, which it is sometimes but if your over all quality is alot better, stats are far superior, i.e your tactics are correct, then the general rule is that you should win 9 times out of 10.