Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Jumpers

Pro
    how can you guys tell that these people tanked it a season before?

Pro
    Im tanking, jumping or what ever you want to call it this season. Ive stopped investing money into this game a few seasons ago so its either get promoted and be mediocre or tank, save up skill points and have a good run at it next season, ive never seen anything wrong with it. Its actually been a 2 season plan though, every player i bought last season and this has been 18 years old, some better than others but all pretty fast trainers, though no fast enough to be more than average if im promoted. Its not just about staying in a level to win the league next year but also to catch up on my construction, try max everything for when i do get promoted. It should also hopefully mean that my transfer list gets better as ill have 2 leagues above me to buy from (im currently top of my server)

End of the day nordeus are ruthless when it comes to getting money from us, why is it frowned upon to be ruthless when trying to save it???
    magic3 likes this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post
    Im tanking, jumping or what ever you want to call it this season. Ive stopped investing money into this game a few seasons ago so its either get promoted and be mediocre or tank, save up skill points and have a good run at it next season, ive never seen anything wrong with it. Its actually been a 2 season plan though, every player i bought last season and this has been 18 years old, some better than others but all pretty fast trainers, though no fast enough to be more than average if im promoted. Its not just about staying in a level to win the league next year but also to catch up on my construction, try max everything for when i do get promoted. It should also hopefully mean that my transfer list gets better as ill have 2 leagues above me to buy from (im currently top of my server)

End of the day nordeus are ruthless when it comes to getting money from us, why is it frowned upon to be ruthless when trying to save it???
    well said
    herdo likes this.

I thought this was what tanking was, anyway I believe it is a personal choice and lots for forum members have decided to do it coz of the way things are being run this season, I have considered it as my TL has been rubbish for 3 seasons now and have lost that side of the game but have decided to continue as I like the challenge of going for titles and cups.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    well said
    Cheers mate, end of the day anyone can tank a season where as not everyone can afford to plow cash into this game (or like me they can but dont want to). I reckon tanking for 1 season will give me 2 or 3 seasons with a GOOD team, so why not???

But when you tank a season, your players all age a year and slow down in their skill gains. So when in the following season you do (hopefully) win promotion, you're already on the back foot. No?

Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    how can you guys tell that these people tanked it a season before?
    Because they have 5*/6* player in their squad in your league at the beginning of the season and there are not any trophies besides the club comparison between your team and their team, even teams that have finished 5th,6th or 7th would have the plaque for 5th,6th or 7th in the last seasons trophies won.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Pro
    Haha it also gives the token buyer someone to hate on, makes a change from it being the other way around

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mercury View Post
    But when you tank a season, your players all age a year and slow down in their skill gains. So when in the following season you do (hopefully) win promotion, you're already on the back foot. No?
    Hence why i bought only 18 year olds, have read on here that they dont slow down every year but more like in 3 year jumps? ill also have tokens saved up from the tanked season, the seasons that my team competes and when i need to buy more players ill have 2 or 3 seasons worth of tokens to play with

Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post
    Haha it also gives the token buyer someone to hate on, makes a change from it being the other way around
    I'm telling you on my server... It's madness to see a rubbish average 5*/6* team go up against that tanked or missed promotion not by purpose go against our team thats invested in hours on power training, If any token buyers didn't power train and only filled their team up with scouts, there is chances that they won't automatically win the league due to tankers and other teams that had failed to promote.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast