Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Jumpers

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pirsten View Post
    Whats a jumper, some might ask?
    Others may have a different name for it, but I call them jumpers. In short, a jumper is someone who deliberately stay on the same level. The jumper benefit from this the season to come, giving them two seasons to upgrade thier squad.

There is nothing illegal nor unethnical about it. In fact is very common. It has become a money saving tactic that givs the player twice the time to improve the squad.

Of cause jumping is not something new. I and everybody else has been awhere about this tactics from early levels. Not very pleasant to spot jumpers in the league in the beginning of the season, but some thing you just have to deal with.

At higher levels (12 and above) this becoms more like the rule than the exception, and this of cause makes things more difficult. Right now I play at level 17 and in my league I have 7 newly jumped teams. Yes, not one, two or three, but SEVEN!!! Of cause my chances of winning the league this season is, if not impossible, rather slim. So I have to decide am I accepting the situation and just move on with slim chance winning any more leagues, or will I jump?

It is not the players (jumpers) that is the problem, they are only adapting to the rules, it is the system.

I believe Nordeus has to figure some thing out in this matter to make "Top eleven" survive and keep beeing a fun game after season 12. This is not the only problem higher level players will face. Other problems are lack of good players in the transfer list.

So, should I jump or should I go?!?

He is a "jumper" from the movie -Jumper-

PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

I agree "jumping" "bunkering" or whatever, is a good money saving strategy. And of cause everyone could/(and maybe should) take advantage of it if they are not prepered to spend 10-20£ a season. I just liked to create a debate regarding the subject.

The crux of the matter is that in my league (level 17) I am competting with 7 jumpers. And I asked what I should do? Compete or just jump.

Vagablue

Quote Originally Posted by flatthg View Post
    I think the thing is, grew up young Players from Academy, and save money for another season to buyout a lot of scout players and win the cup and cl easy. That's the only point in not take the next league.
    no, to win the cup, better try to buy nothing one season and get promoted, sell all your player and buy 3* player---> buy scout, you can improve your first 11 about 10 Quality (15 if you buy scout) just the 1st day of season, and now your chance in the cup is gigatic as you are better than even token buyer at least 5 Q
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

não consigo receber meus torkens porque?

Quote Originally Posted by fall View Post
    i dont understand it at all. the only thing i can think is that they want to win a league at every level which is a bit pointless. unless there is a 'premier league' and i mean, the top, top level, there is no point. the aim of this game imo, is to achieve promotion, league titles are just a bonus. i would consider the cups more important than league titles, with promotion the most important thing. but i guess other people have different goals, upto them.

if someone could explain their reasons?
    If you are a non token buyer it becomes difficult to replace 7-8 players in a single go on a new season. It is way easier to do so tanking as whatever moment you spot a good youngster you can freely take him in and train, without worrying about him losing a star in few days. Even on day 28/28 a good young is still the best you'll find also next season. It works awesomeley when you're able to build a team of 18-19 yo fast trainers. My friend Baku storm stopped buying tokens and tanked one season with an average age of 19.2 years. The following season he had a full scout team with no expenses nor PT, this one hald of his team is high end 5* and the rest regained the scout levele. 3 seasons without buying a token, with 2 titles and 2 CLs.

How to spot a jumper...
    A lot of people asks how you spot a jumper.
    First of all it is easiest to do in the beginning of the season. Generally "jumpers" start the campaign with a very good team most scouts and even world class.
    Then you look at the following seasons result (this you do by clicking on the players team). With a scout team (6 stars, 5 yellow and 1 red) it is fair to say you should finish among top 7, right? If the team didnt make the 7th spot they deliberately avoided advancing. At least competent players with 15 or more seasons of experience.
    You can find out a lot of things about other teams, like which date they where created and the trophies.

Go hunt!
    Vagablue
    Cat Harrison likes this.

I thought about tanking next season. Why? because my team wasn't that good, and, as a non buyer, i'm having problems replacing my players. Next season will be even worst, as several of my players will go down to 2 stars, and a bunch of them just reached 3 stars atm, meaning, they won't be able to get another star soon W/O power training. So i'll have to change 1/3 of the team, at least, and i can barelly buy a decent youngster ATM, for lack of money. I've been holding thanks to a good CL campaign, allowing me to buy a few decent players, but no fast trainers, so even these i just bought won't last me long.

That said, i always thought i'd be having problems this season, and so far i'm doing quite well, so i might reconsider, depending on these last days.

tanking has never occured to me... but i stopped buying tokens 2 seasons ago so as i reach the higher levels it may become a tempting option. so how would u do this? is is just a matter of simply playing an illegal formation for the entire season?

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fingermouse27 View Post
    tanking has never occured to me... but i stopped buying tokens 2 seasons ago so as i reach the higher levels it may become a tempting option. so how would u do this? is is just a matter of simply playing an illegal formation for the entire season?
    Yeh like put a striker in goals and the rest in the forward positions. dont watch your games either and if your still struggling to be ****e max your ticket prices, empty stadium no possession bonus

In my league, DragonRojo is a jumper! He's never draw or lost any match! He is so OP, lots of cash! That's even more than Manchester City!!!

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast