Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By July Fourth

Thread: knocked out of cup due to opponent unable to field a squad

knocked out of cup due to opponent unable to field a squad

Question if anyone can answer???? A friend told me he lost 4-0 in an away leg playing in the cup, he fielded his weakest squad, reckoning that if he lost he could recover the deficit and score more in the home leg, and win on aggregate by putting his strongest team out...............then the crunch came and the opponent must've had injuries and could not field a team and forfeited the game which was a 3-0 result. So then he was knocked out of the cup on aggregate 4-3(i must admit i laughed a bit). I told him to contact nordeus support but he couldn't be bothered(sayin it's too much hassle). if this really did happen what can you do if not given the chance to win the 2nd leg?

Someone else had an even worse outcome than this last season, Lost the first leg 3-0 and won the 2nd 3-0 due to forfeit and it was 3-3 aggregate score with no winner on away goals and the team that forfeited ended up in the final, but I don't think we had an official response from Nordeus after such an incident occured.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Pro
    We have seen this happen last month. It was even worse, OP lost 3-0 and then won 3-0 by default and did not qualify. It sucks, Nordeus needs to do something about it but I am not confident that their support team will help him.

On a side note, why would he be goofing off in the 1st leg like that? Did he have an important league match coming up??

Apprentice
    I hope this doesnt happen to me today. I got a Cup home game. And i need to win by at least 3 goals.

wow that sucks big time! the game should be set up for a rematch i personally think, but hey got more chance of winning the euromillions i suppose. i was kinda thinking my friend was talking crap but i believe him now, shouldn't of laughed really because i'd hate it to happen to me. thanks for speedy response JF. I'll tell him he's not the only one. it may cheer him up a bit.

i really don't know how it can work in real life. some 3-0 win match has been decided in world cup qualification but not in play off round.
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Quote Originally Posted by tongly45 View Post
    i really don't know how it can work in real life. some 3-0 win match has been decided in world cup qualification but not in play off round.
    I'm sure the offending team forfeiting gets expelled from the competition due to not being able to fulfil it's fixtures.
    Flinger and KoHearts like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

As per my knowledge, if there is a draw on an aggregate in the 2 legs of any cup on champions league match, and both teams have equal no.s of away goals, then it is decided in the penalties. And that is what should have happened. The guy who had his team ready would have been able to be present 4 penalties while his opponent couldn't. So the guy with the complete squad shud have won!!!