Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: WTF is going on with this game???

WTF is going on with this game???

This game is really pissing me off! It is supposed to be fun, but what's the fun of building a strong team, watching every game, caring about players' morale and fitness and you lose or draw against teams far lower quality and barely abandoned opponents . Few screenshots:WTF is going on with this game???-eldar-2-2.jpgWTF is going on with this game???-frio-0-2.jpgWTF is going on with this game???-klegacov-0-1.jpgWTF is going on with this game???-luca-2-3.jpgWTF is going on with this game???-mhsc-0-1.jpgWTF is going on with this game???-qnka-0-4.jpgWTF is going on with this game???-ruse-1-1.jpgWTF is going on with this game???-taraikos-0-1.jpgWTF is going on with this game???-tiric-0-0.jpgWTF is going on with this game???-vive-3-3.jpg
    You will say this happens in real football, but it ain't. This is my season 12, and I have 11 Leagues and 1 Runner-up.
    My players' morale is exellent is every match and their condition is between 90-99%.
    WTF is going on with this game???-team.jpg
    I've lost against weaker teams before, but this situation is ridiculous. I am now at 4th place, 8 point behind the first place and 3 draws in a row, against teams more than 10 points lower quality than me
    WTF is going on with this game???-standings.jpg
    I don't know who is responsible for that change of gameplay but if they don't fix this, they will ruin the game and a lot of dedicated players will quit it.
    tongly45 likes this.

Banned
    I can see that you keep playing the narrow diamond. this formation is good but not infallible. I suggest you might change it up a bit. I tend to counter more often and try not to be too static in my formations because I know my formation will not win all the time. all that to say: your formation is weak vs teams that attack on the flanks. Most of your ties/losses I would not have chosen the N.Diamond.

You may have been very successful with this formation in the past, but they change up the game engine from time to time causing issues with formations/results.

In regards to your concerns, this is probably the most complained about issue besides injuries. The fact that LOL teams can win regularly vs obvious stronger teams is pathetic. This is NOT the French league 1.

People, dont give me this crap argument that ManUre/Barca/RM/Bayern cant win every game. This would be like those teams not winning for 5-6 games on the trot. Not likely to happen...consistently. That is my point - the results are not consistent. Sure you can lose and tie a few games, but quality and tactics should win out more often vs LOL teams, and they don't...consistently. And THAT is what makes me laugh...this game IS VERY consistent in teams upsetting better teams.

Of course, you will say that that is what makes this game fun. The argument that follows is that you pay money to have a better team and this team should consistently win more. This is true that your chances should increase, but it is no guarantee that you will win. This is quite obvious, but not always understood and seems to create these types of threads.

Nordeus, please bring some logical consistency to your game. Results and injuries are the most common issues in this regard. Deal with it.

I can understand your frustrations, having looked at the games it looks like the same players are failing to perform in the games you don't win eg Aslan, Spencer and your sub keeper also struggles in some of them. As the previous comment says I would look at your tactics and try to change it, also I would get rid of the consistently poor performers as although they may have high ratings that doesn't guarantee that they will play well.

I am currently suffering from a lack of confidence in some players which is why I am looking into clearing out the under performers which will allow me to improve my squad for next season plus I hope I will also get an easier cup draw.

The game is a crock. Didn't concede a goal for 5 games and yet the keeper and defence weren't receiving high marks - 5's and 6's were fairly common place.

Also

" <player 1> is clear of the defence, this looks interesting, he might go all the way, only the keeper to beat, Great chance for < player 2 >, it's a corner "

is happening all the time. Outplaying teams of lesser ability and having more possession yet the chances are often similar. The opposing team makes a clearance and immediately their " Shots On Target " increases by 1 ?!!

Most sides above me ( i'm 5th ) are inferior to mine and the lists of best players, highest scorers, best passers etc is filled with 1 and 2 star players.

Realism is out of the window with this game.
    Yinhung likes this.

Rookie
    This is exactly the same with me almost 100%, i constantly play the diamond formation, keeping my players on full morale and fully fit and ten seasons in a row ive smashed the league but now into season 11 its changed drastically, i went out the cup in the second round and out the champs league after i topped the group.

Ive noticed nearly every shot my players take it just whistles pass the post or the keeper tips it over the bar, now of course keepers do pull of amazing matches hence in some cases the keeper of the opposing team could get man of the match, some games i still knock in 8 goals but then other games 24 shots and 2 on target.

The game is becoming a bit of a farce, i played a team towards the bottom who struggle to score and they held me to a 1-1 draw yet the team second from bottom smashed the same team 4-0. As points are made above, the realism is slowly being taken out of the game, whatever they are doing to this game is taking the enjoyment out of it.
    Yinhung likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by macca7 View Post
    This is exactly the same with me almost 100%, i constantly play the diamond formation, keeping my players on full morale and fully fit and ten seasons in a row ive smashed the league but now into season 11 its changed drastically, i went out the cup in the second round and out the champs league after i topped the group.

Ive noticed nearly every shot my players take it just whistles pass the post or the keeper tips it over the bar, now of course keepers do pull of amazing matches hence in some cases the keeper of the opposing team could get man of the match, some games i still knock in 8 goals but then other games 24 shots and 2 on target.

The game is becoming a bit of a farce, i played a team towards the bottom who struggle to score and they held me to a 1-1 draw yet the team second from bottom smashed the same team 4-0. As points are made above, the realism is slowly being taken out of the game, whatever they are doing to this game is taking the enjoyment out of it.
    what they are doing is just taking the money and laughing all the way to the bank. Their customer service is laughable and a constant source of frustration. The upgrades to this game take months, or never, and when they do happen, they are not what the people want or expect. All this to say: they dont listen to their fans/customers and care only for the steady income. Many companies who do this tend to go out of business.

The longer this goes on, the more I wish this to happen, based purely on the frustration of seeing a good game with potential get ruined by greed.
    Hyllveg and werewolf122 like this.

Narrow diamond is half effective as it was since two seasons already. I've used it from lv 1 to lv 5 then realized now is countered by half of the possible formations.

That when you use it. When you face it and use a normal counter (3-1-4-2 ie), you got 30% chanche of dominate and lose. I wonder tho why i NEVER get dominated and win by sheer luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgi Vasilev
    I've lost against weaker teams before, but this situation is ridiculous. I am now at 4th place, 8 point behind the first place and 3 draws in a row, against teams more than 10 points lower quality than me
    You do realize that 10 points quality difference at level 12 is negligible, right?
    At level 6 that's a 20% difference, but at your level it's 10-12%, the higher level you get, the harder it's going to be to dominate.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

I see that narrow diamond formation all the time, never use it personally. I have almost always beaten it with either a straight 4-4-2 with attacking wingers, [my guess is ND players will play through the middle mostly, so I play mixed or wings, always buy strong wingers] or something like 3-4-1-2 or 3-1-4-2, but recently I have been drawing or losing to that damned ND - everyone is back using it, and it seems to be working - at least against me.

I went 2 seasons unbeaten, I train my players daily, I buy and sell clever, I'm constantly watching the opposition, I don't just dive in and hope for the best ... this season is the toughest, only level 4 but that seems to be where the start of the token teams begin, and with more active players.

I don't mind losing, if the other manager bothers to show, and makes changes throughout the game, like I do. I don't mind if any slip ups are because I over trained the team, and they're low on condition or morale, or if I chance my arm at silly formations or I'm testing out new recruits all at once against stronger teams ... but ... the recent losses I've suffered don't make any sense. Today for example, crucial game against the then team in second. I was just about holding top spot - I'm stronger in every area - I am there for the match, I'm at home, the other manager [who usually is present at matches] doesn't bother, or couldn't make it - Looks like it's going to play out at 0-0, I set my tackling to easy to prevent any late injuries, ... and at the 85th minute my ML gives away a penalty??? WTF? why would he be back in the box? The team are set to attacking. Surely a ML, set to run forward in attacking mode, would not be back defending what was a sudden counter! And on 'easy' tackling, would not be hacking down forwards. BS, completely.

This 1-0 loss now makes it extremely tough to win the league. My best ML misses 2 league matches because the game engine decides the match was a bit dull, so let's throw a random penalty in there that doesn't make any sense! Of course the other teams auto subs kicked in,mine NEVER do.

Oh well. I'm still in the CL, and I'm the strongest team in the semis, so let's see what complete pish they fire at me next ...

I wish they would hire some people who know how footy REALLY pans out. A few tweaks are all that is needed to make this game good. But nope, they still refuse to listen to reason, take your money, and stick their middle finger up.

It seems as if they made the change last update to favour weaker teams, who don't bother their arse to show for matches, play the ND, and hard tackling. So that's what I'm going to try for the next run of matches ... play my reserves and subs, can still make up a good squad - play the narrow D with all arrows forward hard tackling, you get injuries and cards anyway - and not show for matches.

WTF is going on with this game???-penoloss.jpg

That silly loss ^^ As you can see, not much happened in the match before the silly peno,with no time of course to recover.
    Last edited by Keith Gaule; 07-21-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    You do realize that 10 points quality difference at level 12 is negligible, right?
    At level 6 that's a 20% difference, but at your level it's 10-12%, the higher level you get, the harder it's going to be to dominate.
    Nope. All comes to the number of stars. a 7 star team will almost alwais perform and win over a 5 star team, being it 25 vs 20 or 125 vs 120. Altho we'd see way more often teams with 7-8Q points less drawing or winning vs stronger teams. I thought the same as you but following the higher levels such as July i noticed even the 3-4Q difference many times produces a 6-0 result despite modules not being one countering the other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast