Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: WTF is going on with this game???

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    Nope. All comes to the number of stars. a 7 star team will almost alwais perform and win over a 5 star team, being it 25 vs 20 or 125 vs 120. Altho we'd see way more often teams with 7-8Q points less drawing or winning vs stronger teams. I thought the same as you but following the higher levels such as July i noticed even the 3-4Q difference many times produces a 6-0 result despite modules not being one countering the other.
    If that's the case, all I can say is .. wtf?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Gaule View Post
    I see that narrow diamond formation all the time, never use it personally. I have almost always beaten it with either a straight 4-4-2 with attacking wingers, [my guess is ND players will play through the middle mostly, so I play mixed or wings, always buy strong wingers] or something like 3-4-1-2 or 3-1-4-2, but recently I have been drawing or losing to that damned ND - everyone is back using it, and it seems to be working - at least against me.

I went 2 seasons unbeaten, I train my players daily, I buy and sell clever, I'm constantly watching the opposition, I don't just dive in and hope for the best ... this season is the toughest, only level 4 but that seems to be where the start of the token teams begin, and with more active players.

I don't mind losing, if the other manager bothers to show, and makes changes throughout the game, like I do. I don't mind if any slip ups are because I over trained the team, and they're low on condition or morale, or if I chance my arm at silly formations or I'm testing out new recruits all at once against stronger teams ... but ... the recent losses I've suffered don't make any sense. Today for example, crucial game against the then team in second. I was just about holding top spot - I'm stronger in every area - I am there for the match, I'm at home, the other manager [who usually is present at matches] doesn't bother, or couldn't make it - Looks like it's going to play out at 0-0, I set my tackling to easy to prevent any late injuries, ... and at the 85th minute my ML gives away a penalty??? WTF? why would he be back in the box? The team are set to attacking. Surely a ML, set to run forward in attacking mode, would not be back defending what was a sudden counter! And on 'easy' tackling, would not be hacking down forwards. BS, completely.

This 1-0 loss now makes it extremely tough to win the league. My best ML misses 2 league matches because the game engine decides the match was a bit dull, so let's throw a random penalty in there that doesn't make any sense! Of course the other teams auto subs kicked in,mine NEVER do.

Oh well. I'm still in the CL, and I'm the strongest team in the semis, so let's see what complete pish they fire at me next ...

I wish they would hire some people who know how footy REALLY pans out. A few tweaks are all that is needed to make this game good. But nope, they still refuse to listen to reason, take your money, and stick their middle finger up.

It seems as if they made the change last update to favour weaker teams, who don't bother their arse to show for matches, play the ND, and hard tackling. So that's what I'm going to try for the next run of matches ... play my reserves and subs, can still make up a good squad - play the narrow D with all arrows forward hard tackling, you get injuries and cards anyway - and not show for matches.

Attachment 9828

That silly loss ^^ As you can see, not much happened in the match before the silly peno,with no time of course to recover.
    Why the hell would you use easy tackling??? To prevent injuries TO THE OTHER TEAM??? I am always on hard tackle now and my injuries happen at the same rate and their lengths tend to be the same as when I have been in normal tackle for the past 5 seasons.

Narrow diamond dominates 4-4-2, so why use that? 4-5-1V works perfect vs it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12