Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help a new level 1 manager out..

Help a new level 1 manager out..

Hi guys,
    I'm a new player to Top Eleven, I have pretty much won my first season, but there is a few things i can't quite get. I have read a few tips posts and heard about players losing stars, and how some managers who are going to be promoted sell their whole team and buy next season.... I have a number of 6 star (level 24+) players... Should I cash in on my squad now or keep them?

What is most important, stars or player levels? If someone could explain it simply to me i would be most grateful.

Thanks

Matt

Some players choose to delibertately weaken their teams because it will probably give them an easier cup draw for the following season as the cup is based purely on skill quality so you could potentially play teams several levels above you. they will weaken their teams then on day one buy as many scout players as they can afford to chase a cup advantage.

I personally dont really care for the cup. i prefer to play the long game and keep my team as strong as possible. i try to replace around 7 players every season with the best quality players i can afford ( usually scouts).

Use the early seasons to find your own method of how you want to play and if you want to go cup chasing...

So if i have a good squad.... Keep them for the following season?

I would personally yes. All your players will lose a star ( 6* become 5* etc) . Then i would improve as much as your budget allows. replace your weakest 2/3/4 players with the best players you can get.

Do stars matter? Why? Or are player levels more important?

Buy loads of scouts every season and then you wouldn't have to worry much about winning things because your team will be too good for the lowest levels of the game.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Welcome Matt, John here, players quality is more important than stars as the stars will change throughout the season and during promotion.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Stars are important. They are a visual guide to how good a player is at the level you are playing. if you have a 6* player at level 1 he would be 5* at level 2, 4* at level 3 etc.. From the auction system the best player you will be able to sign will be 5* regardless of what level you play.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Buy loads of scouts every season and then you wouldn't have to worry much about winning things because your team will be too good for the lowest levels of the game.
    Cunning tactic.

Stars are an indication of how the player compares to the league level. So when you're promoted, all players lose a star because now they're in a harder/higher league level ... but they're still as good in terms of quality.

So you want players that have 4/5/6/7 stars (whatever your budget is) to be able to compete or dominate.

Ahh so Level of players is key..

Stars are important for transfer market... thanks very much thats really helpful!

Cheers Guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast