Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Jumpers

Jumpers

Whats a jumper, some might ask?
    Others may have a different name for it, but I call them jumpers. In short, a jumper is someone who deliberately stay on the same level. The jumper benefit from this the season to come, giving them two seasons to upgrade thier squad.

There is nothing illegal nor unethnical about it. In fact is very common. It has become a money saving tactic that givs the player twice the time to improve the squad.

Of cause jumping is not something new. I and everybody else has been awhere about this tactics from early levels. Not very pleasant to spot jumpers in the league in the beginning of the season, but some thing you just have to deal with.

At higher levels (12 and above) this becoms more like the rule than the exception, and this of cause makes things more difficult. Right now I play at level 17 and in my league I have 7 newly jumped teams. Yes, not one, two or three, but SEVEN!!! Of cause my chances of winning the league this season is, if not impossible, rather slim. So I have to decide am I accepting the situation and just move on with slim chance winning any more leagues, or will I jump?

It is not the players (jumpers) that is the problem, they are only adapting to the rules, it is the system.

I believe Nordeus has to figure some thing out in this matter to make "Top eleven" survive and keep beeing a fun game after season 12. This is not the only problem higher level players will face. Other problems are lack of good players in the transfer list.

So, should I jump or should I go?!?
    flatthg likes this.

Kick they're buts and win!
    Cat Harrison likes this.

btw. I would call them Bunkers not Jumpers ;-)

Apprentice
    i dont understand it at all. the only thing i can think is that they want to win a league at every level which is a bit pointless. unless there is a 'premier league' and i mean, the top, top level, there is no point. the aim of this game imo, is to achieve promotion, league titles are just a bonus. i would consider the cups more important than league titles, with promotion the most important thing. but i guess other people have different goals, upto them.

if someone could explain their reasons?
    CoolioFC - Lvl 13, season 13.
    Squad ave: 75.5
    League Championships: 5 (1,3,6,7,8)
    Champions League:
    Cup: 1

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    how can you tell it's deliberate? Watched them tank? i am just wondering if maybe some genuinely just missed promotion?
    i agree though it seems a weird thing to do
    flatthg likes this.

I think the thing is, grew up young Players from Academy, and save money for another season to buyout a lot of scout players and win the cup and cl easy. That's the only point in not take the next league.

Apprentice
    theres a guy in my league who i think is tanking, his ave rating is around the same as mine and hes playing narrowly. hes around 10th
    CoolioFC - Lvl 13, season 13.
    Squad ave: 75.5
    League Championships: 5 (1,3,6,7,8)
    Champions League:
    Cup: 1

Yeah I'm L20 and the same thing happens around my server as well as the OP, yes there are many teams that have "Tanked" which is delibrately missed out on promotion to have another go at winning the title the following season, but there are also teams that miss out because the active number of teams per league is higher than 7, meaning that some do miss out just because they had a poor season. I've noticed this kind of thing from around L15+, not sure what its like around on my server now on the levels that are in the lower to mid teens, but I'd imagine it still happens.

I guess tanking is not too bad of a strategy if you are not able to farm any tokens and are a non-T buyer because at the end of the day, you don't exactly receive any sort of penalty for not promoting, you only end up a little further away from the servers top level and don't play in the next seasons CL that is it really.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

MKL
    I think like fall.
    I don't understand the jumping: if you promote with luck, you'll make even more money by staying a season in a higher league.
    But I don't understand you neither. Why is there a complaint here ? Try your best and if the seven jumpers take the 7 first places, then you'll stay in this league without being a jumper. But if you manage your way up, then it will be a great success.
    I think that you are monomaniac about gaining each league each season and you are about to think like those jumpers you despite: 'If I want to gain my league, i'll have to stay in this league this season and become a jumper'.

TLDR;
    If you don't want to be like the 7 guys you are referring to, then you have to struggle to make you way up.

Maybe that is more correct!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast