Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mourinho is my friend

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    As we know... Odds are just created here for fun and nothing else and just an approximate estimation on what events can or can't happen on Top Eleven. I've came from a betting background and know how odds work when compiling them for my matches and also odds to win leagues and CL's and other crazy stuff that can happen in the game.
    I am totally for odds being used as fun, but not when they can be taken as fact when they are meant as fun. If I viewed the comment as semi-serious or serious and I speak english, how will others take it when they dont speak english or their english is bad?

Believe me, because my new Spanish wife speaks English well, but most of my humour or sayings are lost on her. If I told her that comment, she would believe it, and it is clearly not believable.

All I am saying to pnr8555 is to be careful what you say as it might be taken as fact or taken seriously. I am not the fact police, but I understand how easy it is for non-english speaking people to misunderstand. Telling people there is a chance of a glitch with specific odds can tend to do that....

Quote Originally Posted by pnr8555 View Post
    I already unfriended him when he was added...
    So did I ;-)
    'Sometimes in football you have to score goals.' - Thierry Henry
    'Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.' - Pele

League first in Season 1, 2, 3 // CL Champion Season 2 // Cup Champion Season 2
    Current Season: League Standings 1 // CL in progress // Cup out in 1/4 Finals

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    I am totally for odds being used as fun, but not when they can be taken as fact when they are meant as fun. If I viewed the comment as semi-serious or serious and I speak english, how will others take it when they dont speak english or their english is bad?

Believe me, because my new Spanish wife speaks English well, but most of my humour or sayings are lost on her. If I told her that comment, she would believe it, and it is clearly not believable.

All I am saying to pnr8555 is to be careful what you say as it might be taken as fact or taken seriously. I am not the fact police, but I understand how easy it is for non-english speaking people to misunderstand. Telling people there is a chance of a glitch with specific odds can tend to do that....
    I agree with you here. It may be an approximation but a lot of people will take it seriously, unfriend him just so they can be in a league with Mourinho next season and will end up disappointed. I haven't heard of anyone who has him in his league... Unless Nordeus are not telling us something

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Well, i did unfriend him for a similar circumstance. At the beginning i got a couple of invites. Sudently one of them disappeared and there was a Mourinho in my friend list. So happens that there was a Mourinho in my league, with a team named Chelsea, so i thought the guy had changed his name, or something though it seamed to be a different team, as the team emblems were different. I thought it was someone with another account named after the real guy, or some kind of bug, and decided to unfriend him.

Only latter i read the announcement on Nordeus' website. Too late.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12