Thread: Training young players

Training young players

I'm a couple of seasons into my T11 career, and I'm a bit confused about the benefits of buying younger players. They cost an awful lot to buy, and even with the most intensive training and no injuries seem to lose value season after season.

So, am I missing something or is it a false economy to sign young talents for your team?

Just replying to myself here as I think about it. I suppose with a trained player you can focus on gaining skills in a particular area (attack, defence).

Presumably a DC with 40 defence, 30 physical, 20 attack is better than, for example, a DC with 30 in each area?

my player increase his value even when he is 23 24, i think 23yo is the limit. May be you compare day 20 last season and day 2 this season ? lol
    one of my player, when i bough him, he was 2.25m and now after 2 season 5m )
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Pro
    yeh all mine have gained value with just normal training plus its pointless training older guys as they hardly get any skill points. If your on a budget, buy old guys to play games and young guys to train, watch vids to get green packs and use them to PT your younger guys. My full teams under 21 but if i had anyone over the age of 27 i wouldnt waste there energy training them!

Pro
    The game has disappointed me in this area that the only way you can hold on to the young player is if you do some form of power training. If not, the gained skill is not sufficient for the drop in the stars once they get to be 22-23 years old.. I would love to have a player from 18 until he retires but its not feasible if I get promoted every year..

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    The game has disappointed me in this area that the only way you can hold on to the young player is if you do some form of power training. If not, the gained skill is not sufficient for the drop in the stars once they get to be 22-23 years old.. I would love to have a player from 18 until he retires but its not feasible if I get promoted every year..
    Thats why i bought young and tanked, its a form of power training, 2 seasons worth of skill points should see you get a few more seasons out of a player, then a few more as reserve. Once they reach a certain age its not worth trying to train them up any more

Addicted
    I purchased Rodriguez on day 1 of season 3 as a 20 year old 5* player. Spent around 3M for him (him and a 2M 5* ST killed my budget that day). I trained him to 6* that season. I am now on season 8 and he is still on my roster as a 4* 25 year old and his value is now 6M. I've renewed his contract twice (for about 1.065M). If I can get him back to 5*, he will be with me again next season (57 more skill points needed). If not...well, we will see what is on the market.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Training young players-rodriguez.png   Training young players-rodriguez-today.jpg  
    Edward FC currently on autopilot
    League: ?
    Champions: ?
    Cup: ?

K Vegas FC currently on autopilot
    League: ?
    Champions: ?
    CU: ?

Tarcanes92's guide to adding seats to your stadium
    Tarcanes92's collection of Nordeus official articles that explain the game