Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tanking

Tanking

Say if I wanted to tank the new season, what should I do?

Been saving up on boosters and tokens, don't intend to buy any new players, and furthermore I'm on a 35T budget since I don't buy tokens and don't have offers available to me. I'm qualified for the cup and CL though, and would like to compete for these two as best as I can, for the prize money if not for the title itself.

Question here is - should I buy younger players so I can have an extra season to train them? Should I also add skill points to my players in order to compete effectively? If so, does that mean I will draw tougher league/cup/CL opponents next season?

Any advice guys?

Pro
    Your wanting to buy as young and as expensive as you can, so that they train better. Tbh to tank the season you don't have to lose all your games, just don't get to far ahead of 8th spot. I Tanked last season from about half way through, still made the champs league final. AFAIW they acknowledge skill points earned, not sdded so saving them wont get u an easier cup draw, though I think it makes it cheaper when resigning contracts. Imo you should be looking to get in as many 18-20 year old, high priced fast trainers over the course of this season (mid way through when its cheaper) and then tank next season

Exactly what herdo said

Apprentice
    I've tanked a few seasons...should of tanked this one but kept winning games I shouldn't of done

So just to be clear because I want more opinions, it's a unanimous consensus that saving skill points don't help?

Thanks for previous replies.

Bump!

Apprentice
    If you add the skill points you'll have a tougher Cup draw. It doesn't affect the CL or the League draws though. Make sure you use an illegal formation but if your team is good enough you may still get some wins.

Alright, so skill points dont affect league draws?

Anymore opinions?

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Chew View Post
    Alright, so skill points dont affect league draws?

Anymore opinions?
    Skill points do not affect league or champs league, skill points earned (doesn't matter whether you've added them or not) affect your cup draw. Hopefully someone will back me up on this. Tbh ive just tanked the previous season, never added any skill points and still got put in with the same quality of teams after I added the skill points (I added them once I knew who my cup opponent was)

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post
    Your wanting to buy as young and as expensive as you can, so that they train better. Tbh to tank the season you don't have to lose all your games, just don't get to far ahead of 8th spot. I Tanked last season from about half way through, still made the champs league final. AFAIW they acknowledge skill points earned, not sdded so saving them wont get u an easier cup draw, though I think it makes it cheaper when resigning contracts. Imo you should be looking to get in as many 18-20 year old, high priced fast trainers over the course of this season (mid way through when its cheaper) and then tank next season
    First of all what AFAIW? Lol
    Now i was thinking about tanking this season so i should buy the player during this season and wait for next season to tank? Or can i tank this season? Cause i got like 9 18yo fast trainer and like 3 18yo that are between fast and medium trainer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast