Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Discrimination via Surveys

Discrimination via Surveys

Where can I file a complaint?

I'm not happy as I have attempted to complete 5 or 6 surveys in order to get tokens, After sitting for between 5 and 10 minutes visiting the websites in which the game or TrialPay suggests and another 10 minutes filling out a short questionnaire, The website tells me I do not qualify for any surveys?!

This, No matter how you look at it, For whatever reason IS discrimination

I just want to earn tokens and after putting in some amount of effort I am basically told that because of where I live, The wages I earn, My sex etc, I personally do not qualify?!

I am disgusted that Top Eleven would encourage such discrimination!
    forevel alone likes this.

Pro
    I dont consider it discrimation, they are just not interested in your opinion. For example, if you have to do a research for your school on Asian eating habits and then you looks for Asian to interview, I don't think you would be discrimating against non-Asians.

That is completely different, I am not receiving an equal opportunity to earn tokens there for I am being discriminated against.

The Asian in your scenario would not be benefiting from anything, Where as I would be if I fit the criteria of the surveys but because I don't fit the criteria I am being discriminated against.

Check the definition of discrimination:

"Discrimination is the prejudicial and/or distinguishing treatment of an individual based on their actual or perceived membership in a certain group or category, "in a way that is worse than the way people are usually treated." It involves the group's initial reaction or interaction, influencing the individual's actual behavior towards the group or the group leader, restricting members of one group from opportunities or privileges that are available to another group, leading to the exclusion of the individual or entities based on logical or irrational decision making."

Pro
    Well i guess we will have to agree to disagree. In my scenario, if you were paying Asians to participate in the interview, would it be discrimation then?

Apprentice
    I think you're getting a tad ahead of yourself. Are you 100% sure you were able to deliver the information they required which would allow you to complete the survey?
    Last edited by Haroon Bhatti; 07-31-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Surveys are often hard to answer, if you answer one question wrong or if you're not a person they're searching for you will be disqualified. This has nothing to do with discrimination, they simply want answers from a specific group of people.

The definition clearly states that "restricting members of one group from opportunities or privileges that are available to another group" is classed as discrimination... Therefore what I am claiming to be discrimination is CLEARLY discrimination.

For example "ampario" surveys ask which language you speak, The only choice I can choose is English so I do and they tell me there are no surveys available for me, That is blatant discrimination based on my nationality and culture.

I am also sick of trying to do surveys or offers and once I click "Continue" from the offers page to go to the offer I am landed with the following page...

https://www.trialpay.com/laststep/?c...d=6rGp6pp&ps=1

Please sort it out!

Apprentice
    So if you applied for a job as a translator to say ... Cantonese and you didn't get the job, that would be discrimination?

I think you're mixing up ability and background. Saying to somebody they aren't eligible for an opportunity because they lack the knowledge or ability to perform said action/function is not discrimination.

Also, the surveys are pretty hit and miss ... I had a question asking me which sound I heard (a train) and it said I didn't meet the requirements /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Small View Post
    The definition clearly states that "restricting members of one group from opportunities or privileges that are available to another group" is classed as discrimination... Therefore what I am claiming to be discrimination is CLEARLY discrimination.

For example "ampario" surveys ask which language you speak, The only choice I can choose is English so I do and they tell me there are no surveys available for me, That is blatant discrimination based on my nationality and culture.

What if the survey is in Turkish or Italian? Are you able to speak this language without using a translator (which are inaccurate)

Surveys don't revolve around you and you need to understand that in real life, you can't get everything you want!

I am also sick of trying to do surveys or offers and once I click "Continue" from the offers page to go to the offer I am landed with the following page...

https://www.trialpay.com/laststep/?c...d=6rGp6pp&ps=1

Please sort it out!
    If you were conducting an survey on how much money teenagers spent last year in university and a 60 year old unemployed guy wanted to be a part of it, would you let him in? NO, because it does not meet the requirements. What would be the point? Spoil their results just because they wanted to be "nice"?

Or if a company wanted to know how much an IT company were making and how they ran their business...You come along and you work for a supermarket as a cashier, would you have any clue what they would be asking you relating to your IT company (which you wouldn't have)? Do you think they would want YOU to spoil their results just because they're scared of being discriminating?

That is how a survey works... They gather people who meet the requirements to participate because that is what they are looking for. Don't get upset because you didn't qualify and absolutely do not play the discrimination card. You are upset that you didn't get the tokens. Big deal.

Sorry if I'm being harsh but anyone who plays the racist/discrimination/sexist card like that, doesn't deserve any sympathy.
    Last edited by dv8r; 08-01-2013 at 06:32 PM.
    magic3 likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Dreamer
    Yay another conspiracy!