Thread: Terrible Team Doing Extremely Well?

Terrible Team Doing Extremely Well?

I've been stuck with this guy for a while now and it's turning into quite a rivalry - Last season I was 10 points behind but managed to come back and win the league on the last game by 1 point. I don't understand how he's doing so well with a team worth 17M less than mine and a formation I didn't even know you could use, 3 defenders - a lb, cb and rb?

Terrible Team Doing Extremely Well?-team.jpgTerrible Team Doing Extremely Well?-teams.jpgTerrible Team Doing Extremely Well?-untitled.jpgTerrible Team Doing Extremely Well?-myteam.jpg

Image 1 is his team, image 2 the comparisons, image 3 is the league and image 4 is my team

May be because of his formation?

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

I was thinking this also - did not realise you could play just a LB, CB and RB? Thought this would count as an illegal formation and I have not seen anyone use that formation on the formations tutorials?

Pro
    your formations are very similar. I am not a fan of either, actually I'm not a fan of any formation with 3ST. The reason for his success is because you are level 2. He will drop off in a few months unless he gets way better..

Quote Originally Posted by davidgold View Post
    I was thinking this also - did not realise you could play just a LB, CB and RB? Thought this would count as an illegal formation and I have not seen anyone use that formation on the formations tutorials?
    It's legal...

Natural GK YES
    3 defenders YES
    3 midfielders YES
    1 player on flanks, no more than 2 YES
    4 players on the opponent's half YES
    1 striker YES

That's legal!

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Thanks for the input magic, I am relatively new to this game and trying a number of formations - 3-4-3 is currently the formation that suits my players best

pnr855 - Might start using a lb and rb then, he seems to be doing well with a low quality side

I regularly play 3-5-2. And even 3 CB, 3MC, 2 AMR/L and 2 ST is a legal (and at time lethal!) formation.

So is 3 defenders - lb, cb, and rb a really strong formation? It looks it

Addicted
    On the value issue....

Value does not equal quality. Value equals potential and fast training.

Your team is much younger which increases your team's value. You also probably have some decent trainers. Your team therefore has a lot of potential for future success, so it is more valuable. His team is older, slower trainers and therefore has less value.

Also, your quality is higher, so that increases the value. But, two teams of the same quality can have very different values based on the reasons I stated above.

Check out the photo of my team (on left) vs my opponent today. His team is of better quality, but mine is younger and has more value.

Terrible Team Doing Extremely Well?-value-help.png
    Edward FC currently on autopilot
    League: ?
    Champions: ?
    Cup: ?

K Vegas FC currently on autopilot
    League: ?
    Champions: ?
    CU: ?

Tarcanes92's guide to adding seats to your stadium
    Tarcanes92's collection of Nordeus official articles that explain the game