Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 80-20 cheat

Apprentice
    You need some wingers my good man.

It's not illegal. AT least 3 def, check - at least 2 mid, check, doesn't have wingers, so doesn't have more than 2 W either side .. Just easy for opposition to play down the flanks against.
    Last edited by Keith Gaule; 08-28-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    It's all luck, nothing more. Whether bad or good.

Apprentice
    Goalkeeper (Must be player's natural position i.e. a GK) **
    Some combination of at least 3 defenders (i.e. 3 players anywhere in the back row )
    At least 1, but no more than 2, players on EACH outside flank. {the D(L/R), DM(L/R), M(L/R), AM(L/R) slots}
    at least 3 midfielders (DM*, M*, AM*) at least one of which has to be an DM* or M*
    At least 4 players on the opponents side of the pitch.
    at least 1 Striker

At least 1, but no more than 2 players on each side. He has none, makes it illegal.
    Keith Gaule likes this.

Ah! So you have to have at least one wing player, either in def or mid?
    It's all luck, nothing more. Whether bad or good.

Apprentice
    You have to have a pair of wingers either in defence or midfield. So for e.g DR, DL, MR, ML or just ML, MR or DL, DR.

It becomes illegal if you only have wingers on one side of if you have 3 wingers on one or both sides.

It´s illegal... ja ja.
    Could you please explain why this is illegal. What happens if... Does that cause that my teamstrength goes down to zero?

And how could it be that I´m losing matches although my team is much stronger?

That's how Nordeus made it. In real life, you'd probably get a disadvantage with those formations too. Don't ask for any explanation beyond that. Just make sure that you have a legal formation.
    Maranwe likes this.

TAMARAWS FC
    "Futbol Club kan Ciudad nin Naga"

1st Place League: Seasons 3, 5, 6, 7, 17, 18, 21
    1st Place Champions League: Season 4
    1st Place Cup: Coming Soon(?)

Quote Originally Posted by dgpunkt View Post
    It´s illegal... ja ja.
    Could you please explain why this is illegal. What happens if... Does that cause that my teamstrength goes down to zero?

And how could it be that I´m losing matches although my team is much stronger?
    It just gives the other team 80% possession. It is possible to win with an illegal formation, I've seen it happen before. But still has to be the right formation, and the right orders, against your opponent. This type of formation would just be too easy to counter, and playing down the flanks would certainly allow a lot of goals, specially with 80% possession...

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamaraw View Post
    That's how Nordeus made it. In real life, you'd probably get a disadvantage with those formations too. Don't ask for any explanation beyond that. Just make sure that you have a legal formation.
    This. The fact that only forum visitors know about the silly concept of illegal formations is quite unfair to the other 95% of players. Makes me wonder how many players Nordeus has lost due to players not knowing about it and getting frustrated. They should get rid of it or include warnings in the game when people set their formations.

Rookie
    Id like to know how? (as Jay remarked above) You can even have a illegal formation...Surly its all managers prerogative to set up his side anyway he likes.. The only illegal side should be one that doesn't play a goalkeeper. Any other formation as set out by the manager is legal by definition...And having researched this a bit. There is no known illegal formations as far as the Laws of the game are concerned...Taken from the official rules of the game. "Each team consists of a maximum of eleven players (excluding substitutes), one of whom must be the goalkeeper. Competition rules may state a minimum number of players required to constitute a team, which is usually seven. Goalkeepers are the only players allowed to play the ball with their hands or arms, provided they do so within the penalty area in front of their own goal. Though there are a variety of positions in which the outfield (non-goalkeeper) players are strategically placed by a coach, these positions are not defined or required by the Laws"

As far as the above rules are concerned its not really a topic for discussion or at least shouldn't be.. Nordeus have simply for some reason be known only to themselves. Have rewritten the rules of the game to suit there own agenda...I am actually surprised there is not some sort of token penalty attached for playing what they, and only they, deem an illegal formation.

I have no input as to what is actually an illegal set-up.. Except that i have been very successful to this point (season six) and i have always played at least 2 wingers and try to always play 4 at the back.. Either as a flat back 4 or as 3N with a DMC. The only exception to this, is one rare occasions ill play with wing backs or full backs with AMR-AML in front of them with a single MC..As far as i am aware i have never had 20% possession in any game and after 5 full seasons i have only lost 9 league matches in total...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast