Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Buying Players

Buying Players

I don't understand the transfers, I bid at the last 10 seconds and it goes into a further round and I don't get the player.

I'm extremely annoyed, I've used at least 40 tokens trying to sign players and I'm stuck against 3-4 star teams and I only have 2 stars.

Is there another way to get players? I REALLY need some as mine are all crap or retiring lol

I know what you mean it is not easy. I did this by doing it early in the morning and that worked fine .
    I bought like 11 players then because there weren't much players active then.
    MoonMaiden likes this.
    Season 1: League 2 - CL Didn't play - CUP didn't play
    Season 2: League Winner - CL Winner - CUP Winner
    Season 3: League Ongoing(momently 1st) - CL Ongoing (group fase 3th place) - CUP Ongoing (qualification rounde)

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryemck View Post
    I don't understand the transfers, I bid at the last 10 seconds and it goes into a further round and I don't get the player.

I'm extremely annoyed, I've used at least 40 tokens trying to sign players and I'm stuck against 3-4 star teams and I only have 2 stars.

Is there another way to get players? I REALLY need some as mine are all crap or retiring lol
    Transfers can be difficult for new players (I found out the hard way like you as well). I'm not particularly great with auctions, so others can probably help you with tactics or ways to get players for little tokens.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

I wouldn't mind really but I also have 3 or 4 players that have to be put in positions they don't play in, also I don't understand bidding.

I won, then it goes into knockout stages? :S I don't understand, there's stages of bidding? so I have to use like 2 tokens to have a chance of getting a player?

Addicted
    I wouldn't mind really but I also have 3 or 4 players that have to be put in positions they don't play in, also I don't understand bidding.

I won, then it goes into knockout stages? :S I don't understand, there's stages of bidding? so I have to use like 2 tokens to have a chance of getting a player?
    Basically, it goes like this:

You make a bid in the main stage (before the deadline reaches zero). If you are the only bidder, you win. If not (and 9 out of 10 times this will happen), you go into knockout stages where those who bid a token before the deadline will bid amongst themselves for the player in each knockout stage (The time is decreased to 30 seconds after the first stage, then 20 seconds after the second stage and carries on from there after). This will continue until the player is eventually sold.

However, some bids (which people have posted screenshots of) can go on a ridiculous amount of rounds, while others can finish quite early on. Obviously, you'd need to use some common sense as well (mainly when to stop bidding if it continues and compared to the amount of tokens you have available).

While others can give you better tips, one I can give is look at those you are bidding against. If you see a team that has a vastly superior quality to you team wise, don't bother bidding as they are most likely people with plenty of tokens available.
    Saransh Vatsa likes this.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

I was bidding on a player yesterday and he was worth 3.08m I stopped bidding in like the 5th round but kept watching, he eventually sold in the 20th round for 7.63m LOL!
    And yes as nicvdv said its easier if you can bid early in the morning, I tend to buy players at 6am ish as this is when my daughter wakes up lol also if you can wait a week or so on some servers the transfers calm down, or you can play on the Nordeus site ( Play Now - Top Eleven be a Football Manager ) and do offers/videos and surveys and get 50t and buy a scout player
    Last edited by MoonMaiden; 05-08-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    nicvdv likes this.

Banned

wait a few days for the token orgy to die down a bit and you will have a bit more luck in the auctions.

i think you should use the search button for transfer tips/ auction tips / or any related thread about this and you will learn much more from there !
    magic3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ro Edu View Post
    i think you should use the search button for transfer tips/ auction tips / or any related thread about this and you will learn much more from there !
    This thread isn't just about auction tips though it's a discussion thread.

I've just watched 3 videos and didn't get a token, no surveys are applicable to me and all the large token offers (30 day trial offers etc) reject my card which I know is fine since I've done stuff like that for other games very recently.

Might just go back to flash browser manager games I can actually sign players on them!

Just thought I'd say thanks for the help, won my league, got to semi-finals in the cup and am well prepared for the new season

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast