Page 128 of 200 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1995
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Season 36

Friendly match - Perfect Tactics 2-0 Yeah FC

Goals: Yedek, Suarez
    MOTM: Begovic

This match was always going to be tough for us against a stronger squad, playing defensive-counter we managed to get two goals while defending for the most of the second half. They pressed and almost got a goal back but our defence kept them out. Yeah FC played well, isolating Petersen for the whole match which is something many opponents have failed to do when playing against us.

I enjoyed this match very much, I tried out new formations and it was a good, clean game

Onto the league game tomorrow against 3rd place, a win and we remain 14 points clear with 7 games to go
    Last edited by dv8r; 02-02-2013 at 03:21 AM.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post

This match was always going to be tough for us against a stronger squad, playing defensive-counter we managed to get two goals while defending for the most of the second half. They pressed and almost got a goal back but our defence kept them out. Yeah FC played well, isolating Petersen for the whole match which is something many opponents have failed to do when playing against us.

I enjoyed this match very much, I tried out new formations and it was a good, clean game

Onto the league game tomorrow against 3rd place, a win and we remain 14 points clear with 7 games to go
    Well done! Commiserations to Yeah FC in what you described a close game.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

July, when you play defensive counter tactics, is it best to use long or short passing?

Season 15 - Level 15

>My team<

July, when you play defensive counter tactics, is it best to use long or short passing?
    That mainly depends on which formation you usually play, I play 4-4-2 which is a traditional long ball formation, You play the 4-3-2-1, Which probably be best suited for mixed passing as you push the AML/AMR's forward.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

I tried short (hoping for better possession) and long (hoping to enhance counterattack) and finally went back to mixed
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebchu View Post
    Just got him with 1 token
    Attachment 1470

..since i didnt post again for 1-2 days here is what i did:
    Attachment 1471

and CL:
    Attachment 1472
    for just 1 token is a great deal :P
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Update From Yeah FC....

The day started early for us from our base "down under" in Australia.

League: A league match against 4th (Malmo FC) on the table was always pretty tight. Another sluggish match for the boys. We manage to break the dead lock on the 38th min via a shot from Makuka. We added another on the 46th min and managed to hang on for the win. Most worrying is the fact the our dynamic ST (O.D Ben) is in very poor form.

Friendly with dv8r: 3hrs later, flight landed at the home ground of perfect tactics. We received a warm welcome from the team manager, who showed us their trophy cabinet, flags etc. One of our most competitive opponent the whole season. A level 3 rated 37+ against our team rated 40+. Kudos to team mgt of perfect tactics, they beat us fair and neat using our much celebrated tactics of defensive counter attack! We tried valiantly in the 2nd half to pull one pack to no avail. Ball possession was around 52-48 to the home side. This was the 1st match all season, that we failed to scored a single goal...

Our profound observation is that perfect tactics is destined for greatness in this game...cheers mate.

Looking forward...we have 2 important games over the next 8hrs. A Cl quarter finals 2nd leg to be followed 1hr later with the league table toppers challenge between 1st (Yeah FC) and 2nd (Paradise FC). 2points seprate both teams. Its going to be an epic match...a colossus. Pundits and analyst called the "6pointer" match because a win for either team is not only 3points but also preventing your closest opponent from getting 3points. Although playing away, Yeah FC goes into this match a slight favorite, however we are really troubled by form of O.D Ben - which is poor. We won our home tie by 1-0. A draw will be a good outcome.

Paradise FC plays an attacking 4-1-2-3, 100% of the time without making any change in formation.

DL----DC-----DC-----DR
    ----------DMC----------
    -------MC-----MC------
    -----ST---ST----ST-----

Please, whole house - what's the best counter for the above?

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Luskin, is it worth it to try and train them up? I haven't had any success with it (at the lower levels). No matter how well they train, they just can't keep up/catch up to the quality I need to stay competitive with the stronger teams. I picked up 2 18yo 5*/33 strikers yesterday and have added 3 skill points each to them, but they're shot for a couple days now unless i use rest packs which i can't really afford to do just for training.

Razz, they will gain 5 skill points before the end of the year probably more, and that will take them to the next level for next season. I only paid 3 tokens in total for both of them so if I can get them both to 6* plus this season, or even close to 7* then they are worth it. What I have found is not worth training them is when you get a 4* youth. By the time it takes you to train them up to a similar level to the rest of the team, they need replacing anyway.

I do have 75 rest packs saved up so I can use plenty of them. I'm out of CL this season so only 3 games every 2 days now
    No regrets

------------------------------------

Club: Massie Lodge FC
    Level: 16
    League Titles: 6
    League Runner Up: 2
    Third Place: 3
    Champions League Winner: 3
    Champions League Runner Up: 2
    Cup Winner: 2
    Cup Runner Up: 2

This gets even better for me.... 2nd place guy drew today so a win would put me 16 points clear with 7 games to go

Season 15 - Level 15

>My team<

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    This gets even better for me.... 2nd place guy drew today so a win would put me 16 points clear with 7 games to go
    ) you should not be happy, anyway you will win the league :P gg :P
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook