Page 108 of 200 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1995
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Season 36

Well.. Early 9am game tomorrow.. Chance to go 11 points clear if I win. The 2nd place guy keeps winning and putting on the pressure and we go head to head on Friday, win that and I've pretty much won the league.

Petersen on 54 goals and 35 assists for the season in 29 appearances.. I think he can get 80 goals this season, would be some achievement for a player who isn't even a striker

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Eh? The transfer market doesn't close on Top Eleven.
    Reference to the real life January transfer window.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League
    Champions (10) - Seasons 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 15
    Runners up (5) - Seasons 3, 5, 9, 14, 16
    Third place (1) - Season 13

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 6, 12
    Runners up (1) - Season 3
    Third place (4) - Seasons 5, 13, 14, 15

Cup
    Best placing: Quarter-Finals/Last 8
    - Season 16, Level 16, Level 23 Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Potemy View Post
    Reference to the real life January transfer window.
    I knew that lol, Just theres no windows on this game, we will all be buying and selling players most of the time on here, I usually have most my transfer deals done on day 1, Its unlikely I buy anything afterwards, sometimes I buy a new player during a season and sometimes a may sell a player during the same season, but normally keep a base squad through a season.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

I knew that lol, Just theres no windows on this game, we will all be buying and selling players most of the time on here, I usually have most my transfer deals done on day 1, Its unlikely I buy anything afterwards, sometimes I buy a new player during a season and sometimes a may sell a player during the same season, but normally keep a base squad through a season.
    You seemed to take me seriously lol. I usually do the same as you, transfers early in the season, but I found two great bargains this season in the last few days, I've paid about 50M less than their combined market values for them. If I were to sell them on now, I'd be making about that much, but they've got tremendous training speed, worth 80M and 94.4M and my previous highest valued player was not even 70M. I'll sell them at the start of next season, their value will drop a little but I'll still make a profit, not to mention the others I signed on day 1 and 2, about 10 at least are worth over 50M and I paid maximum mid-40s, also paid 30M+ for players worth over 40M.

Back on topic, though, it's a top of the table clash for me in about 10 hours, if I win at home, I'll leapfrog this double account player and be 2 points ahead in first place. Any last minute advice? He plays a pretty defensive narrow 4-1-3-2. I have players to play everywhere except wingbacks. Probably will continue with asymmetrical formations to focus on a certain section of his defence.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League

Cup

You seemed to take me seriously lol. I usually do the same as you, transfers early in the season, but I found two great bargains this season in the last few days, I've paid about 50M less than their combined market values for them. If I were to sell them on now, I'd be making about that much, but they've got tremendous training speed, worth 80M and 94.4M and my previous highest valued player was not even 70M. I'll sell them at the start of next season, their value will drop a little but I'll still make a profit, not to mention the others I signed on day 1 and 2, about 10 at least are worth over 50M and I paid maximum mid-40s, also paid 30M+ for players worth over 40M.

Back on topic, though, it's a top of the table clash for me in about 10 hours, if I win at home, I'll leapfrog this double account player and be 2 points ahead in first place. Any last minute advice? He plays a pretty defensive narrow 4-1-3-2. I have players to play everywhere except wingbacks. Probably will continue with asymmetrical formations to focus on a certain section of his defence.
    Looking like a 3-5V-2 formation may be the answer, a narrow 4-1-3-2 sounds like you need to play on the wings. I know you like your 3 at the back, so its nothing new for you.

I like your way of management on a low number of tokens proving people out there you can compete and win trophies against the best managers out there, obviously no scout players in your team is the only draw back, I'm not sure how you would do against me if we were in the same league. once this "power training" wears off my playing squad, my team would have a similar quality rating to your team because your 1 level higher than me, my 6* players look like 5* on your game. If i'd started top eleven a month earlier or you a month later, we would be the same level, Just imagine if in your Level 15 League you had a manager with a squad average quality of 99.1, thats where I would be.

I played the game mostly without donating myself until start of last season, then I decided I want to see what its like to have a "power squad", I had lots of scouts before because of all the videos i could watch, sometimes 400+ tokens/season

I have never played on a 35 tokens/season budget though, but I'm doing that sort of thing with a second account.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 01-30-2013 at 03:08 AM.
    Potemy likes this.

Looking like a 3-5V-2 formation may be the answer, a narrow 4-1-3-2 sounds like you need to play on the wings. I know you like your 3 at the back, so its nothing new for you.

I like your way of management on a low number of tokens proving people out there you can compete and win trophies against the best managers out there, obviously no scout players in your team is the only draw back, I'm not sure how you would do against me if we were in the same league. once this "power training" wears off my playing squad, my team would have a similar quality rating to your team because your 1 level higher than me, my 6* players look like 5* on your game. If i'd started top eleven a month earlier or you a month later, we would be the same level, Just imagine if in your Level 15 League you had a manager with a squad average quality of 99.1, thats where I would be.

I played the game mostly without donating myself until start of last season, then I decided I want to see what its like to have a "power squad", I had lots of scouts before because of all the videos i could watch, sometimes 400+ tokens/season

I have never played on a 35 tokens/season budget though, but I'm doing that sort of thing with a second account.
    This is what I've come up with.

Season 36-tott-clash.jpg

His DR is the weakest of his defenders, from right to left, they are 91, 92, 92, 94, so I'd like to attack that, and I'd rather not touch his DL at all.

3-5-2V sounds pretty good, but I'd prefer 3-6-1, ST moved back to AMC maybe. I think my formation is pretty close to a 3-6-1, but as I'm only attacking on one side, I've changed the AMR, who would have been attacking the DL, to an ML to support on the left. Left sided MC has tucked in to better mark his MCs zonally. Right sided DC has then moved out to DR so that the formation stays legal, he will still mark the left sided ST, which was his original task.

I'm touched that you remember and take note of my style; 3 at the back, shoestring budget, etc. I can develop a few low 6*'s but I prefer not to because I believe it'll be easier to sell the player near the top of his star range rather than at the bottom of the next one, I might get some negotiations as well. I can beat a few scout teams, but you're an experienced tactician and a serious manager as well, so you'd confine me to second place for sure.

I think I was very lucky to be placed in an old server, though. I must be some way from the higher levels of my server, so plenty of 5* players on auction, and no need to pay tens of tokens for just one player.
    God Bless!

Trinity FC, Level 17
    - Malaysian team
    - Never bought tokens

League

Champions League

Cup

This is what I've come up with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tott clash.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	1404

His DR is the weakest of his defenders, from right to left, they are 91, 92, 92, 94, so I'd like to attack that, and I'd rather not touch his DL at all.

3-5-2V sounds pretty good, but I'd prefer 3-6-1, ST moved back to AMC maybe. I think my formation is pretty close to a 3-6-1, but as I'm only attacking on one side, I've changed the AMR, who would have been attacking the DL, to an ML to support on the left. Left sided MC has tucked in to better mark his MCs zonally. Right sided DC has then moved out to DR so that the formation stays legal, he will still mark the left sided ST, which was his original task.

I'm touched that you remember and take note of my style; 3 at the back, shoestring budget, etc. I can develop a few low 6*'s but I prefer not to because I believe it'll be easier to sell the player near the top of his star range rather than at the bottom of the next one, I might get some negotiations as well. I can beat a few scout teams, but you're an experienced tactician and a serious manager as well, so you'd confine me to second place for sure.

I think I was very lucky to be placed in an old server, though. I must be some way from the higher levels of my server, so plenty of 5* players on auction, and no need to pay tens of tokens for just one player.
    I would think thats probably the wierdest formation I have ever seen but I can see where your coming from, I don't think I could ever play asymmetic formation, probably down to my aspie traits I have, I like symmetry, which could be a weekness but I have 11 6*+ quality in my line-up, Its going to take a genius to beat my team or a lot of luck or someone many levels above me, but now in the cup I am now only 2 levels below the highest ranked team and I won it last season against stronger teams and making important tactical changes. Same here, I am on a old server with plenty of 5* players always available to buy, If you were on Accyrovers server for example you may struggle to keep a competitive team since all the best players go for like 30+ tokens each.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Heh I will be out from CUP today )
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    Heh I will be out from CUP today )
    I will qualify for the Semi-Final, and the Semi-Final will be very tense and I face Level 16 friend club, the same club I beat last season to reach the final, and if I reach final, that could also be a repeat of Last seasons final, so it would be 3 big matches for my club, equally as big as last season, the reason why its just as big because they will be looking for payback, I'm looking forward to the games.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    I will qualify for the Semi-Final, and the Semi-Final will be very tense and I face Level 16 friend club, the same club I beat last season to reach the final, and if I reach final, that could also be a repeat of Last seasons final, so it would be 3 big matches for my club, equally as big as last season, the reason why its just as big because they will be looking for payback, I'm looking forward to the games.
    You are lucky, anyway at level 9, even if I would be in the final I would be against level 18 ) double my level, no chance for me.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook