Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: THIS GAME is AWEsOME....

Pro

Cool THIS GAME is AWEsOME....

For rookie manager in season 2, let me shout from the rooftops....THIS GAME IS AWESOMEEEEEE.
    The best rush is playing against stronger opponents, expecting to get a workout, but ending up with a thrilling match. Oh such tension.. Something like everton and chelsea.

My opponent in the CL quarters, was ave quality of +24.6. Average age is 26.6 of which 6 are under 24yrs, so he has many experienced and old players. He has 1 GK and 2 stks only, which he plays every game. His squad is 17 players only.He is top of his log, with 1 loss in 19 league games. Me, I'm shaking in my boots. My ave squad age is 22.5 and ave quality is 19.3

First leg,at home was 2 -1 win. I was so excited I almost wet myself. Tonight, I was expecting a thrashing, as he went out shopping for mc and dc' s .
    Final score was 4 - 4.
    What a thrill. Pick a finger MoFo.
    The best part of this game is not winning but in competing against managers that have balanced squad of 22 players, a slightly higher rating above yours and who know how to use proper formations and tactics for the players that they have.

I expect to lose the semis but I had a great run this season and in great position to qualify for next CL.
    If only I could save my tokens for the nursery.
    Sheep, Raykco and Cat Harrison like this.

Dreamer
    Yeah, except when you lose with double your opponents quality, and a counter formation...
    yaban and Yinhung like this.

Pro
    I remember being as enthusiastic as you are in my first 30 days of playing or so.. now it's just meh..
    cracicot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    I remember being as enthusiastic as you are in my first 30 days of playing or so.. now it's just meh..
    I was going to say to the OP, Play the game for around a year then tell us what you think!
    thon likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

I've been playing for 13 months now (15th season), and am almost as enthusiastic now as I was when I started. Sure, there are down times, but on the whole, I still like it.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Pro
    Rayco
    If after 1yr you are still as into the game as the first few seasons, then either your approach to the game is different or your interest in football comes first. Either way, enjoy what you do or find something else that drives you.

I expect to lose matches and not to always score goals. after all it's two computer generated teams competing against each other, in a social arena.
    Cat Harrison and Raykco like this.

Pro
    I started playing this game with around ten mates, 9 months ago, im the only one left and when I tell them I still play they all say 'really?!?!?' or words to that effect. For me its getting worse, the game stats, results just don't make sense at all anymore. I can beat an evenly matched team 4-0 one day and then draw 1-1 with a team 10-20 Q lower than me (which looked abandoned) the next, even when ive had 20 odd shots on goal 73% possession at home. The player ratings were 7-8-9 for the whole team? Maybe me but its just getting a little to random for me.

Ive 85 tokens and a scout team (due to me tanking 2 consecutive seasons) think thatll see me through another 2/3 competitive seasons and ill call it a day, just don't have the same enthusiasm for it tbh and bar buying a good team I don't feel I influence it enough. To many uncertain factors in the game (we are unsure of what does or doesn't effect the game for sure). Its a shame, as with a little investment and hard work, less greed this game could be the best FM game to date.

The only improvements we seem to see are all cosmetic, rather than the game itself, when there are so many issues with it. Would also like to add that this is not a 'rage quit' post, as im top of the league by 12 points, been thinking about it for a few seasons
    Last edited by herdo; 09-15-2013 at 06:30 AM.
    cracicot and Yinhung like this.

Pro
    Agreed, there is room to unchained this game into the monster it can become, both socially, educationally and for the footsie enthusiast and strategist. And it's not like they don't have corporate sponsors and investors.
    Management skills cannot be bought overnight with tokens. It's nice to overpower a league but there is a different satisfaction having to plan,fight and earn wins with limited resources and time.
    Sheep likes this.

I'm into my fourth season now and tell myself once i reach the 10th season, thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lim View Post
    I'm into my fourth season now and tell myself once i reach the 10th season, thats it.
    For me I will retire around season 15, or if I can still playing I will play until when I reach season 27...

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast