Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How to get out of a slump?

How to get out of a slump?

Even although I have one of the better teams (quality wise) in my league I am now in my 2nd slump. I was top after 6 games (after beating the best team in the league) but then went into a slide of many draws and some losses. Now after 21 games I have lost or drawn the last 6 games and are now in danger of not even getting promoted (sitting 9th).

Does anyone have any advice in how to stop the slump?

I have tried different formations, changing some players, even buying a couple new players.

I do struggle to watch my games because they are always on when I am sleeping due to my timezone but even when I do watch it rarely makes a difference to the result.

Thanks for any help. It is appreciated.

Apprentice
    What are your orders and formation you play? are you losing to weaker teams then you?

Yes I am losing to some slightly weaker teams. I usually play 4-4-2, 4-5-1 V or 3-1-4-2 or some variation of this. Most orders are for down flanks, pressing own half (sometimes) or whole pitch more often. Zonal marking and mixed passing, normal mentality (tried experimenting with this but not much success).

Stop messing with your formations, make sure players are always 99% condition and moral, and give them training every day and you should see an improvement. Its the formation mainly, stick with the best one for your squad and let the other manager worry about his team.
    Raykco likes this.

Thank you. I have been using morale and conditioning packs but will try sticking to 1 formation.
    Raykco likes this.

Apprentice
    Do mix passing rather then down the wings. Dont do whole pitch pressing unless they are light at the back and you have more players upfront then their defence. Basically usually not often.

The fault is of the game engine. I have experienced a sudden series of losses and draws against much weaker teams almost every season and I seem to have no reason or explanation 4 dat. I just go on losing and fall down in the table. Even this season I fell down to the 7th rank. Then the rough phase got over and I am 2nd now. So it depends when this chain of defeats will get over. When this time comes even morale and condition don't give a positive effect. Changing formations and tactics don't work as well. Neither do buying good new player cause any change. Sometimes It is the defence that doesn't seem to perform while the attack does, OTOH sometimes it is the vice-versa. Or sometimes the whole team starts underperforming. What ratings has your defence, midfield, forward and goalkeeper got when your team has lost recently???

Apprentice
    I havent.

I think it has to do with the fact that I have a large squad and can rotate out players. Like I have players going into and outta form and especially if I play a player in consecative games they play average v quickly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Garet View Post
    Thank you. I have been using morale and conditioning packs but will try sticking to 1 formation.
    It is not necessary to stick to one formation. it is perfectly ok to change your formation based on the opponent in order to give you a better percentage to win. Some formations work better than others versus certain formations, or else we would not bother putting up a table of counter formations. Many experienced managers have come here with good counter information based on experience. The Game engine changes how formations counter each other from season to season, apparently, so it keeps us on our toes.

Try to increase the win bonus. If you really want to promote, max the bonus for the last few games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast