Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What to expect at Level3?

  1. #1
    Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    783

    What to expect at Level3?

    What to expect at Level3?
    I would expect may off the managers who are not tooo serious ie. Average Squad Quality level 15 and below after two seasons would not make Level 3. Other than the odd Ave Squad Quality 25 to 30, the rest of the managers
    would fall between 16 and 25 ( and end the season close to a 30 to 32 quality),
    watch the games and
    have done some background check.
    Any advice on how to invest in further in an already young squad.

    Also as I would now be selling players with value (generally sacked the no value weaklings in the last 2 seasons), advice required on selling at minimum vs marking up close to market value.

    There is also a change on season token allowance ie daily vs lumpsum. Which option is preferable and why?
    So many questions and still lots to come
    Thanks
    Last edited by DiZZee; 09-20-2013 at 08:19 AM.

  2. #2
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    156
    The competition at lower levels isn't all that serious....For me,I hardly faced any teams which had a manager managing the proceedings..My team of 3 * players or so won me the league in Level 3
    If you can't afford scouts then go for the expensive 18/19 yr old players whose team name will be something weird or funny like Comfortable AC,Plummy CF etc etc....
    Sell your players on day 1,keep the price to the maximum since your player will surely attract some bidder...
    Speed (Extra for dedication) is the best deal which gives you 35 t per season.

  3. #3
    Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    783
    "Sell your players on day 1"

    Is this because the market is in a buying frenzy? Would it not be better to sell before end of season at a higher price and buy when season opens in a higher level market. At level 3 are we bidding against level1,2 and 4 managers?

  4. #4
    Champion Dman2pt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lisbon, portugal
    Posts
    2,459
    In my experience, i you still have 2* players, sell them imediatly, with only 1star, no body buy them, and you have to put them again with 2 stars to sell.
    Most of the Team are abandoned or boot robot, it is a good opportunity to renovate your Team.
    Go for the players with cost about 3M with 5 stars, or 1,5M or higher with 3 stars, i didnt find good 4 stars players. If you whant to fill one position quickly look for 31 or 32 years old that cost above 900K.
    Bet in the cup, since the first rounds you will find a lot of weak abandoned teams.
    I started with 18 and i am near 25 at this point, still fighting with to other teams to win the league and won the cup, didnt qualifica to CL last season, so no experience in that point.

  5. #5
    Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    783
    Dman2pt, now you are scaring me.
    I don't that kind of financial resources. 3m at the end of season 2, each, is not close at all. Not even 1.5m each. My squad is at 9.5m for 22 players. Even with decent cup runs income would be about 4m. I would expect higher income at L3 ( 5 to 6m ???)

    "Bet in the cup..." as in a wager? With who and how?

  6. #6
    Champion Dman2pt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lisbon, portugal
    Posts
    2,459
    I won so far about 10M with 8m from cup and league, 1.5 from sales, sold 10 players, received 1 good U21 and a m├ędium one. The rest from tickets and so on.
    You can buy cheapest players, the only problem is that they are not fast trainer, i just bought 1 for 1,7M, 18 years old, 2,41M market value, but just not the Best trainer, can only get about 2SP/day, with is bot enought to keep the star next year, for that you need 2,6SP/day.
    Do not forget you received about 1,2 to1,65M depending the position you finish.

    Whend i say Bet in the cup, try to go far, because you have a lot of abandoned Team in the league and in cup.

  7. #7
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by DiZZee View Post
    "Sell your players on day 1"

    Is this because the market is in a buying frenzy? Would it not be better to sell before end of season at a higher price and buy when season opens in a higher level market. At level 3 are we bidding against level1,2 and 4 managers?
    Price of a player declines but most of the times the players that are on the auction market are a steal for some of the people at the end of the season..For eg,I'm on Level 9 atm and I see a lot of 3 * players who are bought by level 7 players for just a token or so...
    You would be up against Level 1,2 and 3 if the player is a 3 * player....If it's a 4* player then you're up against Level 2,3 and 4...If it's a 5 * player then you're up against Level 3,4 and 5...

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    32
    I'll be level 3 in 2 days as well, but I would be careful in offloading too many 2* players at once. If you want to compete in all three competitions, you need a full complement of 22 players, and it appears that in the first days of the season it's hard to get good replacement players for the 2*'s you sell, with the bidding frenzy and the tokens that it will cost. I myself will be looking to get 3 or 4 young-to-middle aged 4* or 5*'s players worth about 1m.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Random View Post
    I'll be level 3 in 2 days as well, but I would be careful in offloading too many 2* players at once. If you want to compete in all three competitions, you need a full complement of 22 players, and it appears that in the first days of the season it's hard to get good replacement players for the 2*'s you sell, with the bidding frenzy and the tokens that it will cost. I myself will be looking to get 3 or 4 young-to-middle aged 4* or 5*'s players worth about 1m.
    At level 2 and 3, you are best to buy 4/5* players on the last days of the season to save yourself a shitload of tokens. Sure they lose a * and go to 3/4* but they cost a few tokens and are still good enough to win the league and CL/cup if you are lucky and/or good.

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    At level 2 and 3, you are best to buy 4/5* players on the last days of the season to save yourself a shitload of tokens. Sure they lose a * and go to 3/4* but they cost a few tokens and are still good enough to win the league and CL/cup if you are lucky and/or good.
    But you need money for that... Was able to buy a 5* 1M 23 year old DL for just one token though, yesterday. Shame I don't get the league winners money today...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast