Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Champions League HELL

  1. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    87
    In the cup I play teams two levels above me, I'm level 4 playing level 6. I've yet to win the cup. Tonight I just scraped through to the Qf on away goals, scoring 4 minutes from the end to win 2-1 at home. Having lost 3-2 away.

    I didn't know it happened with the CL as well. I guess my team isn't strong enough to play tougher Cl opponents.

    It's interesting that with the League and the Champions league the winners are the best teams on the level you're at. Whereas with the cup the winners will tend to be the worst players on that level. So everybody has a decent chance of winning something at least.

    I imagine with each level increase it gets that bit harder to win the cup. Last season I got the sickest draw. Every round I was getting the highest quality team around, while the top half of draw had all the low quality teams. Hopefully this is the year. I really want to get a cup win under my belt, otherwise it will become that burden, a curse bearing down on my managerial shoulders. I'll start seeing some of my players as cup jonahs. The dressing room will be all tense. Then the hairdryer will come out.

    I'd like to avoid that trauma drama.

  2. #12
    English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    StL
    Posts
    8,063
    Really the only way to win the Cup is an increase in your teams Q after the Cup draw, get the draw, improve key guys, maybe buy some, and you have a chance. I am not sure if the strategy of saving Skill Points from last season, and then applying them after the draw works. (I am trying that with an alt team) but I know PTing a few guys after the draw can do it... that's how I got my Cup.

    CL is your level unless there's not enough on your server, then you get tossed into whatever league is closest to your Q, I think.


    P.S. I've been knocked out of Cup early pretty much ever since.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Really the only way to win the Cup is an increase in your teams Q after the Cup draw, get the draw, improve key guys, maybe buy some, and you have a chance. I am not sure if the strategy of saving Skill Points from last season, and then applying them after the draw works. (I am trying that with an alt team) but I know PTing a few guys after the draw can do it... that's how I got my Cup.

    CL is your level unless there's not enough on your server, then you get tossed into whatever league is closest to your Q, I think.


    P.S. I've been knocked out of Cup early pretty much ever since.
    Are you kidding me? The CL is almost as unfair to me as the cup most seasons, but this season is insane for CL. My 1/8 draw is the strongest team in the competition at a 70Q, while I am 55Q. he is 6* Q as a team and is a full scout team playing 4-1-2-1-2 ND.

    My ONLY hope is a troll result.

    what pisses me off more is that its always a facking Turkish team named Gala or Fene. I dont see loads of ManUre scout teams or Gooner scout teams, but tons of Fenerbace and Galatsaray scout teams. Is there more $$$ in Turkey these days?

  4. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    96
    Maybe there are more videos etc to watch in Turkey. e.g. I hear about other people watching videos for tokens, but for my region I wasn't able to find any. So that might be why their teams are particularly strong.

    lol I'm playing a guy tomorrow morning, in the cup, who is 3 levels above me (he's 5, I'm 2). Although I think it'll be one of my easier games, as looking at the amount of money he has vs the value of his team, he hasn't been playing for quite some time lol (He has ~$23M, but his team is only worth ~$4M).

  5. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Are you kidding me? The CL is almost as unfair to me as the cup most seasons, but this season is insane for CL. My 1/8 draw is the strongest team in the competition at a 70Q, while I am 55Q. he is 6* Q as a team and is a full scout team playing 4-1-2-1-2 ND.

    My ONLY hope is a troll result.

    what pisses me off more is that its always a facking Turkish team named Gala or Fene. I dont see loads of ManUre scout teams or Gooner scout teams, but tons of Fenerbace and Galatsaray scout teams. Is there more $$$ in Turkey these days?
    That is because there are token buyers in your server as in every other. Compared to power trainers or full scout main teams, it's more like your team is missing quality.

    As someone who probably has the WORST personal trainer/token buyer server possible, my New Team is level 9 and as token buyer my Q is nearing 70( due to a tanked season also), but in my CL last 16 the weakest team playing has a 56.0 Q while the other ones sits on 60+ and not all of them are token buyers. If you play at level 9 like your sig shows then q55 cant possibly cut you a chanche, after all the CL should be hard after the first group.

    If you are a totally free player or rely on just few tokens (70ish) purchased you should consider to make a team on a new server. My alt team is level 8 on the same new team's server but with less than 65 tokens i was able to purchase 18 yo and overall all players missing few points fir their 6*. Even a free player could make a good team. As proof the average quality of my opponents in lv8 is 51-60 and only the abandoned ones are below 50. Which makes things pretty daln competitive and harsh.
    Last edited by HateMeNow; 10-06-2013 at 06:59 PM.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by HateMeNow View Post
    That is because there are token buyers in your server as in every other. Compared to power trainers or full scout main teams, it's more like your team is missing quality.

    As someone who probably has the WORST personal trainer/token buyer server possible, my New Team is level 9 and as token buyer my Q is nearing 70( due to a tanked season also), but in my CL last 16 the weakest team playing has a 56.0 Q while the other ones sits on 60+ and not all of them are token buyers. If you play at level 9 like your sig shows then q55 cant possibly cut you a chanche, after all the CL should be hard after the first group.

    If you are a totally free player or rely on just few tokens (70ish) purchased you should consider to make a team on a new server. My alt team is level 8 on the same new team's server but with less than 65 tokens i was able to purchase 18 yo and overall all players missing few points fir their 6*. Even a free player could make a good team. As proof the average quality of my opponents in lv8 is 51-60 and only the abandoned ones are below 50. Which makes things pretty daln competitive and harsh.
    I'm may not be top quality but I am hardly MISSING quality. I have a 4* team, which is tanking this season, but all his players are over 70Q and 7*. I am not the best in my league, but I am hardly the worst and I am middle of the pack in the CL, but one of the better in the cup.



    There are 3 total token buyers in my CL and this one is the best of the 3. I had a chance against any of the others as they were all below 60Q.

    I think the higher you go in level, the better scouts teams there will be. This guy pictured above is the best team I have ever seen in any of my leagues, CL or Cup.

    I hope I dont see many more

  7. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    149
    Yeah he has a good time likewise my Q and team value, meaning he's around 500-600 T worth.

    But alas be aware that that is still normal, at least for me. For hardcore as you say, i consider this on my server:


    host immagini


    upload immagini


    hostare immagini


    [url=http://postimage.org/index.php?lang=italian]invia immagini[/url

    Respectively, all 9* 11+reserves limiter only by max Q allowed (1sp from 10*), all 9* + 8* bench and so on. All of them have few 5* and 6* players too including the 80q one, meaning the real q is even higher.

    That is hardcore, craciot!

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    I really do not understand what is your problem with that, i have the same thing in my cup draw, i am level 4 and i am facing level 5 managers, and for you to know i already eliminate 2 of them, so it is possible to win.

    The only diference is that you normaly win because you have the better Team and not because you know who to use the better tactic and orders.
    sorry, this is a rubbish post....
    also, i inform you that we already have a TSSO...
    speak later... when you reach lvl > 10

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by HateMeNow View Post
    Yeah he has a good time likewise my Q and team value, meaning he's around 500-600 T worth.

    But alas be aware that that is still normal, at least for me. For hardcore as you say, i consider this on my server:


    host immagini


    upload immagini


    hostare immagini


    [url=http://postimage.org/index.php?lang=italian]invia immagini[/url

    Respectively, all 9* 11+reserves limiter only by max Q allowed (1sp from 10*), all 9* + 8* bench and so on. All of them have few 5* and 6* players too including the 80q one, meaning the real q is even higher.

    That is hardcore, craciot!
    I am not debating that there are serious tommys in every league, cup or CL, I am sympathizing with the OP (remember him? this is his thread) that there is hardly any competition that is fair as you get up into levels higher than 7. It is the luck of the draw to see if you get put with a good fair group.

    That being said, if your Quality is higher than managers of your level, you will be, and should be put with managers of a higher level. It is just like the cup draw. Sorry OPer, Nordeus has their heads up their asses at times. Their organizational skills suck at the best of times.
    HateMeNow likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12