Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Could It Be ?

Dreamer

Could It Be ?

* Could it be that this game is so strangely designed that we'll never truly understand any deeper functioning of it ?

*Could it be that this game "was" purposely designed to exactly prevent us from having any deeper understand of its mechanism ?

*Could it be that our lack of understanding of this game is solely there to keep things unpredictable, and somewhat interesting, and even create an illusion of complexity and completeness,
    when in fact, the engine working it, is so simple that even a 6 year old could completely understand it ?

*Could it be that creating an illusion of completeness and complexity, and unpredictability, truly does indeed improve the manager's experience of the game (even if he doesn't agree with it) ? And that it's even a key ingredient for any game of this sort to flourish ?

*Could it be that in order for this concept to work, we need a balance between what is "illusion" and what is "real" ? And that as soon as we base more content on this "illusion" aspect, we are bound to have exactly the opposite effect, and an undesired end result (=> unsatisfied players) ?

*Could it be that this game is unbalanced, and that too much of its content is based on an illusion ?

*Could it be that the developers of this game are aware of all of the above ? But they lack the expertise and/or the motivation, "need", to actually change things ? To improve things ?

*Could it be that they've even unanimously and unconsciously agreed to ignore our complaints, and most of the flaws in the game, because they have both become the accepted "normal" ?

*Could it be that as time went on, they've even found a way to use those flaws in their advantage ? Instead of actually correcting them ?

*Could it be that "troll" results, illogical, meaningless and random counter formations are all there to make things appear more complex than they really are ? And enforce, improve, the illusion ?

*Could it be the reason why they refuse to reveal anything in depth about the game mechanics, because in reality, it's so simple that it could all fit on less than this page ?
    Last edited by kebess; 10-11-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    aiureah likes this.
    Favorite Formations : 4-1-4-1 // 4-5-1 (F/V) // 4-4-1-1 // 4-4-2

Some thoughts on them :
    http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...-thoughts.html

Dreamer
    *Could it be that there's no logic, at all, to counter formations ? Could they all be randomly chosen, to sometimes create an unpredictable result, and not make quality the only useful and "real" factor in determining the outcome of a game ?

*Could it be that quality IS the only "controllable" factor in determining the outcome ? And that all the rest is just "decorations", there to give us some sense of complexity, and control ?
    One could then understand why creating random and illogical counter formations would help such a simple system. Isn't it ?

*Could Orders, Formations, SA's, Win Bonuses, Possession (and the other stats), Condition & Morale during live games, Live Game Substitutions, could all of those, be just decorations and part of the illusion ? Because the only two "real" factors in determining results are :

A - squad quality (not even the team on the pitch), and

B - a random component based on a random number generator (RNG) ?
    (Including Counter formations, randomly chosen)

*Could we be inside the Matrix ?! : )

*Could it be that we're being fooled, into thinking that things are any more complex than that ? And that with time developers main goal has become finding better way to improve the illusion, rather than to better the real ?
    Simply because it's much, much simpler to design and program ?

*Could "that" be the reason behind all of this ? Simpler designing and programming, which in turn, cost less and demand less effort ?

I'm gonna pretend I'm still neutral on this, like Switzerland... and let YOU tell me what you think of it all. Thanks for reading
    Last edited by kebess; 10-11-2013 at 07:01 PM.
    aiureah likes this.

Some thoughts on them :

Dreamer
    Could it be that no one gives a sh** about all of this anymore ?
    I'm sad, : ( I was hoping for at least one die hard believer in the system...

Some thoughts on them :

Pro
    Could it be that I ACTUALLY read both the initial posts, pondered them and then said....F it
    kebess, Cat Harrison and thon like this.

Could it be that you simply wake up in the morning and have a strange desire to write a book.
    kebess and Cat Harrison like this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    Could it be that you simply wake up in the morning and have a strange desire to write a book.
    Hehe, how on earth did you guess ?? I could even call it "Could it be ?"...
    Cat Harrison and Dman2pt like this.

Some thoughts on them :

Could it be that @Craicot is you're unknown brother? Who knows? Let's hire Mulder and Scully from X- files and find out...

Last edited by Ljepoje; 10-11-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    aiureah likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Could it be that @Craicot is you're unknown brother? Who knows? Let's hire Mulder and Scully from X- files and find out...
    [/video]
    I've nothing against a joke or two, like you can see just above your post, but if you have nothing else to contribute here, and are only passing by to troll/taunt other members of the forum (Cracicot), then I suggest you don't post at all, : ( Thanks !

Some thoughts on them :

Quote Originally Posted by kebess View Post
    I've nothing against a joke or two, like you can see just above your post, but if you have nothing else to contribute here, and are only passing by to troll/taunt other members of the forum (Cracicot), then I suggest you don't post at all, : ( Thanks !
    I can and will post wherever and were I want.... What are you gonna do about that?

July Fourth and thon like this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    [CENTER]I can and will post wherever and were I want.... What are you gonna do about that?
    ]
    That may be true Ljepoje amigo, but in all seriousness, he was being serious and wanted some feedback. I love to put in jokes where I can, as you will know, but remember, others cannot always tell the difference between fake emotions and real ones on here.

If kebess feels like I do about this game, and it looks like he does, then thats good for us and not good for Nordeus. All is takes is a few people to open their eyes and stop contributing financially to this game in order to force Nordeus to start making this game better.

If you want this game to get better, do your part and help fix it any way you know how.
    Mo Meow Odom, Dman2pt and kebess like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast