Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Cup final kick off times

  1. #1
    Newbie Sean Roqué le Beauchamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    15

    Cup final kick off times

    Hi all, is it just me but when you manage to get to a cup final, especially in the cup and up against a much superior team the kick off time is set at a time you can't manage to get to watch it. Would it be a good idea to put a time limit on the two teams to select a preferable time window and then a better time for the two teams can be met??

    Thanks for reading!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Roqué le Beauchamp View Post
    Hi all, is it just me but when you manage to get to a cup final, especially in the cup and up against a much superior team the kick off time is set at a time you can't manage to get to watch it. Would it be a good idea to put a time limit on the two teams to select a preferable time window and then a better time for the two teams can be met??

    Thanks for reading!
    It depends greatly on the time zones of the participants, I believe. As a result, it may be an issue for one of them, and it looks like in this case, that it is you. Good luck!

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    9
    No it doesnt, for the third season in a row, I have made the chumpions league final. For a third season in a row it is against another Australian (indeed....my son !!) and for a third season in a row its at 2.30am....indeed 20 mins after my penultimate league game.

    The chumps league is set based on a Euro clock and doesnt give a monkeys about the participants...I know this coz I put a ticket in.

    I also then put a suggestion in that one player can nominate an alternative time (2 tokens or whatever) and the other player can then reject (tokens returned) or accept (requestors tokens spent).

    Its very pesky.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Will View Post
    No it doesnt, for the third season in a row, I have made the chumpions league final. For a third season in a row it is against another Australian (indeed....my son !!) and for a third season in a row its at 2.30am....indeed 20 mins after my penultimate league game.

    The chumps league is set based on a Euro clock and doesnt give a monkeys about the participants...I know this coz I put a ticket in.

    I also then put a suggestion in that one player can nominate an alternative time (2 tokens or whatever) and the other player can then reject (tokens returned) or accept (requestors tokens spent).

    Its very pesky.
    Interesting. how ignorant and ..... ignorant of nordeus of not care what times the games are for their customers. I would never have thought that they would come across as uncaring when it comes to game times.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    96
    Its frustrating living in SE Asia, most non league games are between 12am and 6am, a time when I'd much rather be asleep. Around 50% of my league games are usually before midnight though which is nice.

    Just a little bewildering when it's Thailand vs Thailand and both home and away legs are around 4 or 5am.

    Luckily for my CL final, and my gf's cup final last night, both were only between 12 and 1am (although tonight I'm stuck on a bus for 7-12h (depending on traffic) so wouldn't be too fussed about the time unless my phone battery died lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyAnimal View Post
    Its frustrating living in SE Asia, most non league games are between 12am and 6am, a time when I'd much rather be asleep. Around 50% of my league games are usually before midnight though which is nice.

    Just a little bewildering when it's Thailand vs Thailand and both home and away legs are around 4 or 5am.

    Luckily for my CL final, and my gf's cup final last night, both were only between 12 and 1am (although tonight I'm stuck on a bus for 7-12h (depending on traffic) so wouldn't be too fussed about the time unless my phone battery died lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    That is so good to hear. Now if I can only bid on players when its 4am in thailand, then I might not have to spend so many tokens!

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    96
    I tried that, while waiting up for my games.

    Tonnes of Europeans bidding on players around then. Most Thai players I've seen (I'm only lvl 2 though) don't have the huge token reserves the Europeans do. We're just lucky that Europeans are asleep from around 10am-1pm our time (and no games scheduled for then either, so can get players for 1 token quite often)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free