Thread: Cup dilemna

Rookie

Cup dilemna

Hey guys, I need your input (especially Accyrover, fourth of July , pricopgeorge....,dv8r..........)
    I played the cup against a player level 5 active 28+ average team and i am level 2 average team 26. first game home i won 2-1 ( he was playing 4-4-2 and I was playing 4-5-1V with red arrow on DMC attacking mentality, passing through both flank, pass mixted, half side, normal tackling no OS and no CO) what do you think will be my best tactic to preserve the score for the away game (he looks like he always play 4-4-2)? even if he is higher than me on the overall team my starting 11 are better than his with 9/11 special abilities against only two for my opponent ( i think ratio is 26.6 for my opponent and 28.2 for my starting 11) . I really need to pass this round for the 5 millions at the next round, please advise.
    btw i suffered again 2 injuries during that game........my hospital is full with 7 players now!!!!!
    i know it's not cool but I sold my player with broken legs 16 days and he was sold for two time his value.....shame on me!!! but with all those injured players I really have a hard time to make a competitive team for Cup, League and champion's league.....mea culpa!!

Thank you for commenting.

This is what I would do if leading 2-1.. As the away leg will be very tough, you don't want to use attacking mentality because they will hit you hard. I would use the same formation but with defensive mentality, hard tackling and counter attack. So you're sitting back and defending their attacks and then hit them on the break. And then no DMC arrow.

But that's what I would do, you don't have to follow me.. You can wait until the others reply too

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    This is what I would do if leading 2-1.. As the away leg will be very tough, you don't want to use attacking mentality because they will hit you hard. I would use the same formation but with defensive mentality, hard tackling and counter attack. So you're sitting back and defending their attacks and then hit them on the break. And then no DMC arrow.

But that's what I would do, you don't have to follow me.. You can wait until the others reply too

That was i have in mind too except that i was wondering if it would be better if I reinforce my defense.

---------------GK----------------
    --DR-----DC--------DC-----DL----
    --------DMC-------DMC----------
    ----MC-------MC--------MC-----
    ---------------------------------
    -------------ST------------------

with blue arrows on the DM Cand red arrow on the mid MC.

Mentality: hard defending
    Pass focus: through the middle
    Pass style: Long pass
    Tackle: Hard
    Pressure: half pitch
    Counter attack: Yes
    Offside Trap: No

Because my defense player are faster, younger and with more abilities.

It's kind of Fort Alamo or Chelsea trying to preserve a 2-1 against Barcelona

I am wondering to if it was not better to play the attack game , because with 1-0: I am out of the cup, maybe it's better to try to score a goal and go to at least ET or penalties ( or push him to score 3 goals)

Defend and Counter I would say, 4-1-4-1, DMC Blue Arrow, ML/MR Red Arrow

--------ST--------
    ML--MC----MC--MR
    -------DMC-------
    DR--DC----DC--DR
    -------GK---------

Or you could just opt to play how you did in the first leg.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Defend and Counter I would say, 4-1-4-1, DMC Blue Arrow, ML/MR Red Arrow

--------ST--------
    ML--MC----MC--MR
    -------DMC-------
    DR--DC----DC--DR
    -------GK---------

Or you could just opt to play how you did in the first leg.
    In the first leg I was winning 2-0 until I decided( stupidly) to switch the mentality from attacking to hard attacking and even put red arrow on the AM's and the MC's at the 75mn and he score at the 84mn. That s why I also may take your last comment as advise for my formation. Thank you

For me, i will go with the 2DMC - I have used this against a guy 2 level above me (he has a rating of 42+ while my rating is 38+) a couple of days ago. I won the match 3-1. I reckon its not wise to attack against a very strong opponent especially if you are preserving a lead. Play defensive, counter and hit him on the break...it works 90% of the time for me. Even in real life football, alot of teams play with 2 holding midfielders...cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Nampion Chancy View Post
    That was i have in mind too except that i was wondering if it would be better if I reinforce my defense.

---------------GK----------------
    --DR-----DC--------DC-----DL----
    --------DMC-------DMC----------
    ----MC-------MC--------MC-----
    ---------------------------------
    -------------ST------------------

with blue arrows on the DM Cand red arrow on the mid MC.

Mentality: hard defending
    Pass focus: through the middle
    Pass style: Long pass
    Tackle: Hard
    Pressure: half pitch
    Counter attack: Yes
    Offside Trap: No

Because my defense player are faster, younger and with more abilities.

It's kind of Fort Alamo or Chelsea trying to preserve a 2-1 against Barcelona

I am wondering to if it was not better to play the attack game , because with 1-0: I am out of the cup, maybe it's better to try to score a goal and go to at least ET or penalties ( or push him to score 3 goals)

I've got dillema too (bigger one) so I'll just post here instead of creating another thread.

Basically, I lost 1-3 at home against pretty defensive opponent formation (something like 5-3-1-1) who has just slightly higher team-rating than me (both lvl 2). Since my 4-4-2 wide formation didn't bring me satisfying results this season I changed it. But for the second away leg, in which i have to win 3-0 or higher (or draw with 3-1 win) I intend to go full attacking formation, I had something like 3-5-2 in mind. Any tips?

Rookie
    I played same formation than the first game with blue arrow on MC's
    hard defending mentality, normal tackles, counter attack on, long pass, through the middle, half pitch.
    i won 2-1 away with first goal after 2mn.......but i get another injury......but i really don't mind because with this win I am assured to have an extra 4millions+