Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SlyAnimal
  • 1 Post By Raykco

Thread: Squad Positions

Rookie

Squad Positions

I'm just curious if most of you guys have a set "goal" for which positions you want in your squad.

If you always just play the same formation, then it's probably a pretty simple task, but it'd be interesting to see anyway what goals you have for your perfect squad.

For me my goal was:

2xGK
    2xDC/DL
    2xDC/DR
    2xDC/DMC
    2xDMR/MR
    2xDML/ML
    3xMC
    1xAMC/AML
    1XAMC/AMR
    1xAMC/AMR/AML
    3xST

With 1x position in my squad free so that I have room to buy a new player (I assume you can't buy another player if you already have 22 right?).

It's taken me almost 2x seasons (I'll be lvl 3 soon), but have almost filled all of the spots with decent (4*+) players (I'm missing a DC/DL and because I picked up a Good DMR/MR/AMR I haven't bothered to get an AMC/AMR yet), but hope to fill the vacant spots then work on getting some more players who can play 3x positions (or STs or MCs who can play 2x positions.), As I'd like to try and work in a 4th MC and/or ST if I can.

Obviously next season I'll have to keep upgrading when players stars go down lol)

I don't even look at a player if they can't fill one of the combinations listed (except occasionally a pure DC, since at least 1x DC, usually 2, is/are needed)

Anyway I was curious if other managers had similar outlooks on their squads at all. Please share your views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    That's a good list! For me though, a few differences. I like DMCs and often play Maple Leaf, so I couldn't get by with just a couple. In a RL team I wouldn't have but on here, seems needful: ML/MC/MR & DL/DC/DR for the "wing" slots on the subs. I did go a little overboard with multi-role players, but I am still happy I did most of them, as I can play any formation.

p.s. You can buy guys even if you have full squad, you just can't sign them until you have a slot open. (you get 7 days)
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    That's a good list! For me though, a few differences. I like DMCs and often play Maple Leaf, so I couldn't get by with just a couple. In a RL team I wouldn't have but on here, seems needful: ML/MC/MR & DL/DC/DR for the "wing" slots on the subs. I did go a little overboard with multi-role players, but I am still happy I did most of them, as I can play any formation.
    )
    Is maple leaf a good formation on here? The single DC makes me nervous, not sure if two DMCs are enough especially if the opponent is loaded with 3 strikers. I'm currently rebuilding my squad for a different formation. Butterfly and Maple Leaf both look promising.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    p.s. You can buy guys even if you have full squad, you just can't sign them until you have a slot open. (you get 7 days)
    Thanks! That's awesome news!! I can add 1x MC or ST to my ideal team formation then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

My usual formation is the classic 4-4-2, so I don't really go looking for attacking midfielders or defensive midfielders. Having said that, some of my players have secondary positions, and so if I decide to change my formation for any reason, I have the defensive midfielders to cover all 3 positions, and I also have the two wide attacking midfield positions also covered. So the only position I have no player for is an AMC.

My Squad (For 4-4-2)

GK x 2
    DL x 2
    DR x 3
    DC x 5
    MC x 5
    ML x 2
    MR x 2
    ST x 3

The alternative positions:

DML x 1
    DMC x 1
    DMR x 2
    AML x 1
    AMR x 1
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Banned
    I have at the very least:

2 GK
    4 players with DC
    2 players with DL
    2 players with DR
    2 players with DML
    2 players with DMR
    3ST
    2 players with AMC
    2 players with AMR
    2 players with AML
    2 players with MR
    2 players with ML

So basically I make sure that in my 22 players I have.

2 GK
    7 Defense
    10 Midfielders
    3 ST

This should sum it up nicely:

What mine says to me now is that I can get rid of a DC and I need someone with an ML and DML and DL position.
    So I get rid of Oliveira(DC) and get a ML/DML and then get rid of either Setiawan(DC/DMC) or Vandermeer(DC) and pick up a DL/DC and then I have 2 or more at every position.

With this setup i can play any formation and always have a backup for any position. The only formations that this is not covering is any formation that uses 3ST. I refuse to get 4 ST, since I find 90% of formations only need at least 2 ST.