Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ljepoje
  • 1 Post By reddeviljohn

Thread: Season 47: 5 Step CookBook: How to win it all....

Season 47: 5 Step CookBook: How to win it all....

Took me more than a couple of seasons to realize that no one plays against their scheduled opponent. Rather, you play against the programmed rules in the Game Engine (for that season).... so if Nordeus decide that in a particular season , weaker teams in a match have a default advantage (read: posession, goals, shots etc ...)... you could have all 9* players and get screwed anyway..

(Impossible) Trick to success would be to figure out (guess) what sadistic rules would drive the engine for next season. Having said that some tips (based on current season)

1.Weaker teams have the definite (dominant) advantage... Sell all your stronger players or rest them for big matches
    2. DON'T BUY SCOUTS!! - OR even spend ridiculous amounts of tokens on transfers / auctions
    3. PLAY Illegal formations - dosent dampen your chances of losing and you frustrate the hell out of your opponent , just for laughs
    4. Don't watch any live matches - definitely improves winning chances
    5. All else failing, "friend" everyone you are supposed to play with - and randomly schedule Friendly matches between 30 to 60 minutes before your actual match (dont forget to use Full pitch pressing and Hard tackling)

Agree on option 1,3 and 4. Believe no.4 is the "best" option (at least in my case).
    Raykco likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Just to clsrify on point #2. Scouts train much slower, consume funds, and in play usually get injured, or have morale drops that would put a base-jumper to shame! - EVEN if they do score and have a great game. Scouts are seriously high maintenance when it comes to Red and Blue packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Agree on option 1,3 and 4. Believe no.4 is the "best" option (at least in my case).
    Season 18 : Level 17
    1 Treble, 3 Doubles.
    League: 10 Cups, 4 Shields, 2 Plaques
    Champions: 3 Cups, 3 Shields
    Cup: 2 Cups, 2 Shields

Bring Back the Old Transfer Market (BBtOTM) !!

Quote Originally Posted by rdsouza View Post
    Just to clsrify on point #2. Scouts train much slower, consume funds, and in play usually get injured, or have morale drops that would put a base-jumper to shame! - EVEN if they do score and have a great game. Scouts are seriously high maintenance when it comes to Red and Blue packs.
    Scouts are like lottery tickets - sometimes you nail it and sometimes you don't.

I've haven't bought any scouts or tokens for 3 seasons now and probably never will.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Season 47? That doesn't start for another 4 weeks!
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

What are illegal formations?

I would say yes and no to point 2 (scouts). Ljepoje said, scouts can be rather hit and miss. If I have a surplus of tokens in any season, I often try my luck with a scout. I've had really good ones or equally some dud ones. However, this season just finishing has been the exception to the rule for me. As I had decided to tank the season and knew that my players would not drop a star, I did invest some money when the token sale was on, and went mad by buying 3 from Mr Scout. Now there is a very good reason for this.

I am a level 15 manager, but have been playing in a level 16 league. Consequently, every player on my scout list has been 7*, to help make up for the quality difference. As I've not been involved in any cup competition for the last two weeks, I've been giving my players intensive training. So I will start next season with 5 x 8* players (others were already in my squad), 4 x 7*, 7 x 6* and 6 x 5*. So although I'll be in a really tough cup competition, if I'm in my proper level league, I should be in good shape.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

I don't know about some of the the points you mention but will bow to other peoples knowledge but I have bought a lot of scouts and agree they are hit and miss I have had some good ones and some bad ones, but one thing I have noticed is that they get bad ratings and I disagree with the injury claim as I bought an 18 yo from TM and he is always injured.
    Raykco likes this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4