Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Killerbee
  • 2 Post By dv8r

Thread: What the hell!!!!

Angry What the hell!!!!

I just signed a free transfer to sell him off and get some cash. But when I went on contract page to sell him, it showed he will retire at the end of season so I can't sell him. And to sack him, I will have to pay 207K. So it will be a loss of a token and 207K for nothing???? How can a player retire as soon as he comes. U can't sell a player who is to retire then how buy one???? He is 33 yo. Shall I keep him and pay him salary or sack him straight away??? Or shall I wait 4 some time be4 sacking him.

Old free transfer players are always a risk to sign. If a player sells a player in the age of 31-33, you know he won't retire this season, but if it's a free agent, there is no such guarantee at all.
    Whether you sack him or keep him, it doesn't matter, you'll have to pay the same salary regardless. You may as well keep him around till he takes up a spot that you need for another player in your reserves.
    Raykco and Cat Harrison like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Old free transfer players are always a risk to sign. If a player sells a player in the age of 31-33, you know he won't retire this season, but if it's a free agent, there is no such guarantee at all.
    Whether you sack him or keep him, it doesn't matter, you'll have to pay the same salary regardless. You may as well keep him around till he takes up a spot that you need for another player in your reserves.
    This.

I stay well clear of players that old because of that very reason.
    Raykco and Cat Harrison like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Banned
    Are there 31 yo player who retires at the end of season?
    I did sign some 31 yo free agents and I never found any of them who retires at the end of season.
    Or I was just lucky.