Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: The Boot Room (new managers zone)

YAH !!!!!!!!!! Me !!!!!!!!!! I won the league after my really bad start it went to the last match

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Meow Odom View Post

YAH !!!!!!!!!! Me !!!!!!!!!! I won the league after my really bad start it went to the last match

Give hell to the league.... YOU R BACK!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME BACK!!!! We all missed u so much......... We were hoping you will be back soon and... Here is the result of hope!!!!!!

Rookie
    welcome back mo! good job on the league!
    looks like that real madrid team needs a few more joe harts to stay up top lol

Welcome back, the forum was is not the same without you.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Zangy View Post
    welcome back mo! good job on the league!
    looks like that real madrid team needs a few more joe harts to stay up top lol
    Yeah I remember that Joe Hart lols..... But why did u go offline as soon as u posted this MO????? U r back, right??? Or r u still angry???? Coz u were online only for 15 mins and went offline immediately.......

Hey all.

Quick history of myself in the game. I started playing the game last season and probably more by luck won a double being the cup and league title. This 46th season i started out with the intention of getting to know the game engine and strategy a lot better.

I play a 4-5-1 V-style which for me looks like a neat combination attacking down the flanks with generally a normal mind set.

This season was tight for me. I was trailing 1st by 1 point till the second last game to an oppenent and i luckily pushed through ending the season 71 points.

Want to thank you guys for providing new managers with a discussion area. From a few of the posts pages I have read it all seems you guys have colourful personalities

Hope you guys can further my grasp of the game ^^ and perhaps I can help others (more unlikely)

This season saw me win another double. League and Champions league. Getting knocked out of the Cup by 2 draws and having less away goals.

Only lost 1 game this season but feel that level 3 Manager will have more challenges for me. Hopefully I can build further. Though I foresee myself eventually tanking a season.

regards
    Wilderness
    DiZZee likes this.

Rookie
    2nil down in the 1st half of my 1st game of the season, bot set his team to 3-1-3W-1-2 so I changed my WD formation to 4-2(DMC)-2(AMC)-2 and won it 2-4.
    My big buy ST from last season got injured for 5 games already ruining what would have been a good start to the season.
    I re-signed a player last season and sold him earlier today, some small change that I would have lost if I didnt renew

So had a worried start to the season, I was silly enough to spend 10 tokens on upgrading my youth academy (liked the cosmetic look) and as a player that doesn't buy tokens, it will leave me to pick up players later on the season so I can avoid this intense time of bid wars.

On a more positive note, my V style demolished my opponent's 3-4-3 (likely a person who manages his team now and then) 6-1 at home. Apparently my keeper mistimed his clearance allowing them to slip in a goal but oh well. He was rank 5 to my rank 3, but his quality wasn't awfully lot higher than mine. (Had some key purchases and luck with starting squad seeming to be decent back in season 1 and 2 for me)

Moving onto the away leg tomorrow will be keen to see if he pitches up and tries to turn my 5 goal difference in aggregate or just abandon it for this season.

Hope you guys kicked off your Cup with great performances as well.

Regards
    Wilderness
    TypTex likes this.

Rookie
    This sucks! i got trolled 3-nil away
    Started with 3-2-2-2-1 Butterfly vs his 4-4-2, then switched to 3-4-1-2 when 1 goal down then lost 2 goals.
    We were evenly matched team-wise, but his squad is 3* while mine is 2. His 1st 11 were all 3*, mine were a mix of 4, 3 and 2*.

So now, I'm knocked out of the Cup already on the 1st round. Top 2 players' morale deteriorated to Poor and my Keeper's morale also down to Poor after playing a friendly match.

Has anyone every had only 1 keeper in the squad for a period of time? My other keeper retired but I'm waiting to see what I get from the U21 in 5 days time
    Last edited by Zangy; 11-18-2013 at 08:02 PM.

I've just got promoted into Div 6, I reached the Champions league final twice in a row and lost both, but had a cr*p season last time and got knocked out on GD because of a heavy defeat, but my target is to Win a trophy, not a runner up trophy, a winners trophy.

Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast