Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Deghinsea
  • 1 Post By cracicot

Thread: Random ratings or...?

Rookie

Random ratings or...?

Just as I thought I had figured out how goalkeepers' performance is rated, this came up....

Random ratings or...?-randomratings.jpg

My gk: conceided 2 goals + made 3 saves = rating 6
    Opponent's gk: conceided 4 goals + made no saves = rating 7

Makes you think that ratings are just RNG, doesn't it?
    cracicot likes this.

sorry to say ratings dont mean anything
    a hat tricker could get a 6 whereas a hat trickee could get an 8
    its been suggested over and over before but no response coming from nordeus
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Banned
    At the end of the day, only Nordeus can explain how their rating system works, yet they lack the balls to actually inform us.

Think about it: in any situation where people dont give you information you need to make informed decisions, what do you think the reason is? Usually it is because they are hiding something or they know the information they give you will hurt them in some way.

There is so much that is unexplained in this game. They could confirm many things that we have discussed in this forum but to my amazement, they choose not to. I have not seen a game that, on the outside, shows a degree of complication, while information on how to play the game is lacking. Usually there will be instructions on how to play the game and information on the choices you can make in game and how they will affect play. Take any Football manager game you play on a PC or console: they come with instructions on how to play the game, what the bonuses and penalties are and how to win. Does Nordeus do this? A big resounding NO!

They give you enough info to start the game but fail to give any insights on the details of the game that make or break a team. As a football manager, you need EVERY piece of information you can get your hands on to succeed. This is true in real life and in EVERY football manager game. Without this info, you might as well be playing FIFA 2013 instead of Football Manager 2013.

The more questions that are asked of this game, the more I begin to despise management for staying quiet.

But then the longer they stay quiet, the more I realize that they do this on purpose, because frankly, when any company gets complaints they usually do something about them. Nordeus is too quiet and that means trouble. It is not my responsibility to contact Nordeus and ask them to explain things, it is Nordeus's responsibility to explain things to us about their game. Funny how they only give out partial information. For example, the SA's. They tell us what they are and that they will help you, but not when and by how much. They have a popup telling you that a player is playing out of position, but they dont tell you when you are playing with an illegal formation. They tell you the ratings of the player after each game, but dont tell you how to get better ratings or why the ratings are bad.

This is screaming that T11 is a simple game being marketed as something more complicated and better than it actually is.

All it would take is for someone at Nordeus to say something, ANYTHING, and make this go away. How long will they remain silent?
    Kukilon likes this.

I have started to notice something about GK ratings.

My past 5 or 6 GK have all come in and got reasonable ratings, 6 and 7's with the occasional 8, then after about 15 games they become terrible and its all 5's with the occasional 6 and a few 4's.

I know players can lose form and all that but it's now too regular to be that and looks like GK's are programmed to have ratings like this and there is no reason to their ratings.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB79 View Post
    I have started to notice something about GK ratings.

My past 5 or 6 GK have all come in and got reasonable ratings, 6 and 7's with the occasional 8, then after about 15 games they become terrible and its all 5's with the occasional 6 and a few 4's.

I know players can lose form and all that but it's now too regular to be that and looks like GK's are programmed to have ratings like this and there is no reason to their ratings.
    It is normal and understandable for gks to receive low ratings when you dominate a game. But to receive a below average rating while putting up a performance that had actual impact on the result, and at the same time for the opponent's keeper to receive a better rating while just standing and watching goals getting scored is beyond my comprehension limits. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Deghinsea View Post
    It is normal and understandable for gks to receive low ratings when you dominate a game. But to receive a below average rating while putting up a performance that had actual impact on the result, and at the same time for the opponent's keeper to receive a better rating while just standing and watching goals getting scored is beyond my comprehension limits. :S
    That's why ratings mean nothing. Couple of seasons ago I lost a game 4-1, my GK got 6 RB -8 CB-8 CB-7 LB-8, how that possible. How can I lose 4 goals with those ratings?