Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Question for experienced players of top11 only please

Rookie

Question for experienced players of top11 only please

simple question, in your opinion when playing top 11 do you stick to the same formation when playing through out the season or do you change depending on the formation of the opposition, which is best do you think, please no newbies reply, I want the opinion of experienced players only, thanks for your time

Pro
    And what managerial level would you term "experienced"?
    Cat Harrison likes this.

FCB
    I will change the formation based on the opponents quality and formation ... if there is huge quality difference and I am superior then I might use the same formation ... If I am on vacation a week or so and I am unable to change it then I will keep only one formation for that period what ever the quality and formation of the opponent is
    Last edited by FCB; 10-29-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    FCB - Indian Team

Playing form 2013

Rookie
    to your reply dizzee anyone above level 5 so you don't qualify

In FCB's line of thought, if i can't be active i'll choose a good overall tactic and stick to it. If i can be active, i'll adapt to the oponent's formation.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Rookie
    thanks flinger

I change to counter the opponents
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Well hun I only just qualify as experienced lol (think you should have gone higher say level 10 ) but !!!!

I tend to stay around a 4-4-2- either classic or narrow diamond, as thats what suits my better players, for position etc. I do change to counter a better quality team or to sometimes to accomodate injuries etc .

but the fun is in experimenting there is no magic formation hun thats for sure !!!!!!!

Rookie
    many thanks for your answers, it will help me

I am level 5, 4 and 3, because of 3 teams, so i think i can qualify to talk.

Until nevel 3 i just used always the same formation, because you always have a lot of abandoned teams, playing ilegal formations.
    In my first Team level 1 and 2 played 343, then After that i play mostly 442, but change it to counter similar Q oponents.

In my level 4 Team i change tactic, but i always play with 3DC, so use 352, 3412, 3142, 31411, and until now this has Been the most efective, Never won the league but won one cup and was 2nd in CL.

In the other i normally use 442 assymetrical, worked very well in level 1 were i was champion with 10 points ahead of 2nd. But i normally only use this one to play friendlies.

I think i always good to counter the tactic of your oponent, but is also important to play with your Best player and fit them in a tactic were they could play better. Sometimes playing with a player or 2 out of position it is not bad.
    I have a ML that in is position always had low ratings, then i had to put him as MC, and he played so good i just keep him playing on that position.
    I had a DMC that one season playing as DC was MOM 3 times in the season.

Orders can also be a important part in the game, but it is really hard to understand how they can influence the game.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast