Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Take a look at my team and tell me how you would play against me?

  1. #1
    Dreamer Marc Symons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    487

    Take a look at my team and tell me how you would play against me?

    Basically this is the formation i have adopted this season and i am yet to lose. I am level 4 and never change this formation. I have won all games bar 2 which i have drawn 0-0. I usually score 4+ goals a game. But i know i will lose eventually and it is usually to a top team or a friend who tells me how he knows how to 'set up against me'?

    Question is 'How would you set up against me. I am intrigued to how people set up against others.

    Take a look at my team and tell me how you would play against me?-fletcher-fc.jpg

  2. #2
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    178
    your team looks scary on paper but will crumple under my team's superior tactics. If you haven't noticed, your support striker can easily be man-marked, and the attack towrds your goal will come through the centre, thus ignoring your left and right flanks.


    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    Basically this is the formation i have adopted this season and i am yet to lose. I am level 4 and never change this formation. I have won all games bar 2 which i have drawn 0-0. I usually score 4+ goals a game. But i know i will lose eventually and it is usually to a top team or a friend who tells me how he knows how to 'set up against me'?

    Question is 'How would you set up against me. I am intrigued to how people set up against others.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fletcher FC.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	14439

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    Basically this is the formation i have adopted this season and i am yet to lose. I am level 4 and never change this formation. I have won all games bar 2 which i have drawn 0-0. I usually score 4+ goals a game. But i know i will lose eventually and it is usually to a top team or a friend who tells me how he knows how to 'set up against me'?

    Question is 'How would you set up against me. I am intrigued to how people set up against others.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fletcher FC.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	14439
    3N-1-4-2, 3-1-5-0-1 and 4-5-1 flat have been known to counter successfully against this formation as it is close to 4-4-2. you will be going up the middle for the most part, so as 3N-1-4-2 is my fav, I would go with that up the flanks, or the 3-1-5-0-1 up the flanks as well.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

  4. #4
    Champion Saransh Vatsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    2,814
    I will use 3W-1-3N-1-2 through the middle. It should work IMO.

  5. #5
    Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    783
    Marc, don't worry, for your Level 4, your team and depth is far superior to 99.89% of your fellow L4 managers. The L5 managers that I faced in the Cup are also not close to you.

    Unless you are looking to concentrate on friendlies against much higher level teams, you should have no problems in your daily games, whatever the formation they or use decide on.

    Good luck.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

  6. #6
    Dreamer Marc Symons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    your team looks scary on paper but will crumple under my team's superior tactics. If you haven't noticed, your support striker can easily be man-marked, and the attack towrds your goal will come through the centre, thus ignoring your left and right flanks.
    I would like to see that

  7. #7
    English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    StL
    Posts
    8,063
    my team would crush yours like a bug (I'm levels above), but unless you have a strategist like cracicot in your level, you shouldn't lose many matches.
    cracicot and Midas van Oene like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    96
    I would probably run 3N-1-3W-1-2, with attacking/middle/hard/own half/mixed. The STs would be slightly off centre (This would take 1 of your 6* DL/DR out of the equation), and if there was a decent quality difference in your MCs/ML/MR I'd maybe move my AMC off centre as well. Alternatively I might drop 1x ST and replace him with a MC, making my formation 3N-1-4-1-1 (I'd maybe swap between these, depending on how possession was looking)

    Concentrating the attack up the middle would give my STs a fair chance against your defenders, as it'd be either 2x STs + 1x AMC vs 3x Defenders, or 1x ST + 1x AMC vs 2x DCs, depending on which of the above formations I was running.

    Having 3x midfielders +DMC+AMC would likely give me equal possession, if I ran 2x MC+ML+MR, my use of both an AMC + DMC would likely give me a slight possession advantage.

    Your ST would have 4x men marking him and your AMC would have those same 4 + 1x midfielder on him (2 if I was running 4 midfielders). So I would hope that I'd have your attack relatively contained.

    Of course, your players would smash mine, since I'm lvl 3 & only around 29 average quality, while I assume you're around 40 quality. But then, you'll smash almost anyone you go up against since you've brought thousands of tokens at such a low level.

    How are you doing in the cup? I'm level 3 ,and at the start of the season had a roughly 4 star team, I got put into a lvl 6 cup. I'd imagine that being lvl 4 + having a much better quality team, that you'd have probably been drawn into a lvl 8 cup? Or did you only buy most of your players this season?

    As unless you've only invested very heavily in players this season, you should be going up against teams are of a similar quality in the cup, which would give you a much better idea of where you fit into the grand scheme of things as a manager.

  9. #9
    VIP July Fourth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    my team would crush yours like a bug (I'm levels above), but unless you have a strategist like cracicot in your level, you shouldn't lose many matches.
    But what IF your team was the same level for relative purposes?

    My team should have no problems beating this team, even if I dropped my Q down to 49.0 (-100 Q for being 20 levels higher).
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

  10. #10
    VIP July Fourth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    15,386
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    But what IF your team was the same level for relative purposes?

    My team should have no problems beating this team, even if I dropped my Q down to 49.0 (-100 Q for being 20 levels higher).
    I'd be looking at playing a 3-5-2V or 3-6-1V against this formation.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast