Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By dv8r
  • 1 Post By Kevin Cheng

Thread: Selling player at the end of a season or beginning?

Selling player at the end of a season or beginning?

Hey guys, wanted to hear feedbacks from you all on which is better to get higher profits for players sold.

Should we sell player at the end of the season where their value is at it's highest or at beginning of next season where the value drops like 10-20% but hope for a bidding war which would increase their values.

Lets say i have a 24yo 4* 24Q player valued at 500k in lvl 2 league and only 1 SP away from 5* and i intend to not allocate the remaining SP collected throughout the season in which would get like 15 SP total. Selling them at the end of the season their value would shoot up to let say 600k after allocating all the SPs. Selling them at the beginning of next season would reduce their value to like 400k but will appear as 5* to lvl 1 managers 1 SP to scout lvl and 14SPs extra to allocate wherever they want and chances of triggering bidding war is higher. The player might end up getting more than 600k in value.

Any suggestion on which is better?

At the start of the season, everyone is trying to buy players and could get into a big bidding war.

At the end of the season, everyone is trying to sell their players and not many people buy.
    Jerry Teoh and Chev Chelios like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Apprentice
    Beginning of season will make more money. You can almost count on bidding wars. However, the plus side to selling at end of season is it lowers quality for cup draw.
    Jerry Teoh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    At the start of the season, everyone is trying to buy players and could get into a big bidding war.

At the end of the season, everyone is trying to sell their players and not many people buy.
    Thanks mate i'll try go with start of the season sale and hope that i'll get more from the bidding war. Nordeus gens players are too exp for me to afford atm. Gotta need that extra cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cheng View Post
    Beginning of season will make more money. You can almost count on bidding wars. However, the plus side to selling at end of season is it lowers quality for cup draw.
    yeah true that but i'm planning to get rid of my 4* players in which it will increase my average team quality thus giving me tougher cup draws for the next season.