Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Training.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB79 View Post
    Killerbee...Marc....Rubbish. Handling means hands. I have never heard anyone anywhere including pundits on TV say 'what great handling by that midfielder' when describing how well a player has kept a ball. When I played football my coaches never said go and practice your handling.

I have heard TV pundits describe what great ball control a player has when describing how well a player kept the ball and I was always told to practice my ball control.

Handling is also a very big and specific thing that GK's practice.
    Eh, it being rubbish is your opinion and completely silly in my eyes since you have no evidence whatsoever to back up your claim. What other statistic do you see that would refer to a player's ball control then? That's right, none. Handling is clearly meant for both the definition of touching, grasping, or using with the hands (for GK) as the manner of treating or dealing with the ball (for everyone).

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Eh, it being rubbish is your opinion and completely silly in my eyes since you have no evidence whatsoever to back up your claim. What other statistic do you see that would refer to a player's ball control then? That's right, none. Handling is clearly meant for both the definition of touching, grasping, or using with the hands (for GK) as the manner of treating or dealing with the ball (for everyone).
    When have you ever heard a manager, a player, a TV pundit or anyone in football saying an outfield player 'handling a ball well' when describing a players ball control? I have heard plenty people talking about a GK's handling.If handling does mean a players ball control then it shows Nordeus no absolutely nothing about football.

So why do GK's have to gain skill points for finishing or heading? Just because there is no specific ball control training doesn't mean it's in handling, it means Nordeus don't know what they are doing.

In Portuguese version handlig is translated to "posse de bola" that means capacity to keep the ball in your possession without losing it.

So nothing to do with GK, just to capacity to dosent lose the ball whend the oponent is pressing you.

When have you ever heard a manager, a player, a TV pundit or anyone in football saying an outfield player 'handling a ball well' when describing a players ball control? I have heard plenty people talking about a GK's handling.If handling does mean a players ball control then it shows Nordeus no absolutely nothing about football.

So why do GK's have to gain skill points for finishing or heading? Just because there is no specific ball control training doesn't mean it's in handling, it means Nordeus don't know what they are doing.
    You take the definitions far too serious. Just cause the commentary you listen to never uses the word 'handling' doesn't mean that nobody ever says a (field) player is good at handling/controlling the ball. On top the creators of the game are not from England, so they may use more literal meanings for words than the words that are used in common speech. As Dman2pt says, the translation is different in other languages.

Also the training points are all relative. Sure you spend points on other skills than a GK uses, but all that means is that it takes less points in handling/positioning/passing/crossing/aggression/speed to make a difference to the performance of a GK. Developers can add totally useless or random numbers to the game and still keep it balanced. All that matters is that they sufficiently raise the performance of the GK as you train him (more in defense/mental than attack obviously).

Killerbee...Marc....Rubbish. Handling means hands. I have never heard anyone anywhere including pundits on TV say 'what great handling by that midfielder' when describing how well a player has kept a ball. When I played football my coaches never said go and practice your handling.

I have heard TV pundits describe what great ball control a player has when describing how well a player kept the ball and I was always told to practice my ball control.

Handling is also a very big and specific thing that GK's practice.
    Common man....handling is not to be taken in the literal sense. Its how you 'handle' the ball, that means how you control the ball. Just like how u 'handle any situation' doesn't mean u go about putting hand in between anything, it means controlling the situation. That shouldn't cause any confusion.
    BTW, Dman2PT proved the point with his translation.

In Italian it has been translated to Press which according to GT means grabbing, grip, clutch, hold, seizure, holdfast. This is enuf to explain in my opinion.
    P.S GT may be wrong when translating long sentences as it makes grammatical errors, but it is correct in such situations.

In Swedish, the skill would translate to "saving" (with equal strange grammatical use of the verb) which would suggest its for goal keepers only. And Why would a gk need heading?

Quote Originally Posted by kefka View Post
    In Swedish, the skill would translate to "saving" (with equal strange grammatical use of the verb) which would suggest its for goal keepers only. And Why would a gk need heading?
    Heading is another one, we are talking about the last one, handling.

I also don't understand why STs need marking and tackling, handling and heading should b the attributes needed. Heading for corners and handling as it is important to control the ball so handling will complement finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    Heading is another one, we are talking about the last one, handling.
    Sorry if i was unclear, the skill that in english reads "handling" reads "räddning" in swedish which means saving. Sorry for mixing it with another stupid game mechanic

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast