Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Training.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Well, every player needs to have a basic grasp of marking and tackling. Attackers need to press when not in possession as well. If an attacker is good at pressing and tackling, they can force mistakes on enemies leading to winning the ball and creating good counters, so it makes a decent amount of sense I think.

Hmmmmm..... But the ratio 1:1:1:1 b/w handling, heading, tackling and marking is too much. IMO, it should be 4:4:7:7

Quote Originally Posted by BigB79 View Post
    If your going to try and hit me with facts at least give the full facts!!!! They have FOUR offices and one is in Dublin!!!!! I know all about Nordeus and who they are so don't try and get smart with me. And once again look at the top right hand corner and you will see it's a British flag next to the English language not American and they are different. Also if the game was written by and for Americans then in the game description it would be called soccer not football.

And once again what was it you googled and what exactly was it you wanted me to Google to prove your point?
    Lets not forget that all in-game cash is in dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    Lets not forget that all in-game cash is in dollars
    Are you not going to tell me what you googled and what it was exactly you wanted me to google that proved your point?

Quote Originally Posted by BigB79 View Post
    I agree with you that ST need to have some skill in marking and tackling but does a GK need to practice heading,dribbling,crossing or on his creativity? And even they do do they need to have such high ratings?
    Heading is fine, just in case he decides to head a corner off, creativity shud be there according to me, not sure but i think the GK need to be creative in thinking so as to read the shot well. Ya, Dribbling and crossing is totally unnecessary. The GK won't be going on solo runs so why does he need dribbling. And crossing???? Is he playing winger. Even 5 or 10 in both these stats shall work. After that, no more skill point shud get allotted to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    Heading is fine, just in case he decides to head a corner off, creativity shud be there according to me, not sure but i think the GK need to be creative in thinking so as to read the shot well. Ya, Dribbling and crossing is totally unnecessary. The GK won't be going on solo runs so why does he need dribbling. And crossing???? Is he playing winger. Even 5 or 10 in both these stats shall work. After that, no more skill point shud get allotted to them.
    And what good would this do? Then you get a GK with 100 positioning, 100 handling, 5 tackling, 5 marking and 5 heading. And what happens then? He either keeps a clean sheet forever OR Nordeus adjusts the handling and positioning stats to have less impact so that the result stays the same. I'm gonna put my money on the latter, hence this change is totally useless and not relevant at all. It's all relative, so it doesn't matter where the skillpoints go as long as the quality and performance is improved when training.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    You are spot-on. Handling in football in general means how and where on the body to hold the football so that it is protected in running and tackling situations. The handling skill is not a GK specific skill.
    Isnt that called shielding ??

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    And what good would this do? Then you get a GK with 100 positioning, 100 handling, 5 tackling, 5 marking and 5 heading. And what happens then? He either keeps a clean sheet forever OR Nordeus adjusts the handling and positioning stats to have less impact so that the result stays the same. I'm gonna put my money on the latter, hence this change is totally useless and not relevant at all. It's all relative, so it doesn't matter where the skillpoints go as long as the quality and performance is improved when training.
    O.K agreed. But the point here is that even if Q increases, skill points are wasted on some irrevelant things which the player does not require according to his position. Like if u see, as for MC and ST, MC has higher dribbling and crossing while ST has higher finishing and shooting, even if they have same Q. But, if u see, MC needs a hang of all the attributes. But as in case of GK, why does his dribbling need to be the same as his positioning??? Alright, 10 is too less, agreed but that being equal to others is a bit too much, u got to agree with me here.

Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    O.K agreed. But the point here is that even if Q increases, skill points are wasted on some irrevelant things which the player does not require according to his position. Like if u see, as for MC and ST, MC has higher dribbling and crossing while ST has higher finishing and shooting, even if they have same Q. But, if u see, MC needs a hang of all the attributes. But as in case of GK, why does his dribbling need to be the same as his positioning??? Alright, 10 is too less, agreed but that being equal to others is a bit too much, u got to agree with me here.
    I agree with you on your entire point, you misunderstand me.

I'm just saying that the game gets balanced around the training points we spend now. If they lowered the amount of 'useless' skills, GK would get overpowered and they would just balance it to make GK as strong as they are now. So it makes no real difference.

Also, most players are generated with a balanced amount of skillpoints (like scouts who have pretty much all stats spread). If training could give you more useful skill-points, then it would be hard for any new GK to be better than one you've been training.

I think you guys are over thinking. I don't believe the game engine is that evolved.

In my opinion, handling is a GK ability. Even if you translate it more loosely, to ball control, still makes no sense that such a skill would be included in the defensive skills. An offensive player normally has better ball control than a defensive player.

Why do you have to train useless stats? It's the easiest way to balance the game and avoid having to code heavier algorithms to deal with normalization and potential exploits. Just like the illegal formations, that keep you from exploiting some unreasonably unbalanced formation. In the same area, you can't choose what skill you'll train. Just between Defense/Offense/Physical, keeping the skills within these groups balanced. And, once again, they balance these groups not allowing them to differ more than 20 points.

This is my opinion... It's coded like this, because it's easier to code.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinger View Post
    I think you guys are over thinking. I don't believe the game engine is that evolved.

In my opinion, handling is a GK ability. Even if you translate it more loosely, to ball control, still makes no sense that such a skill would be included in the defensive skills. An offensive player normally has better ball control than a defensive player.

Why do you have to train useless stats? It's the easiest way to balance the game and avoid having to code heavier algorithms to deal with normalization and potential exploits. Just like the illegal formations, that keep you from exploiting some unreasonably unbalanced formation. In the same area, you can't choose what skill you'll train. Just between Defense/Offense/Physical, keeping the skills within these groups balanced. And, once again, they balance these groups not allowing them to differ more than 20 points.

This is my opinion... It's coded like this, because it's easier to code.

Hmmmmmm..... Maybe.... And as u all know the game is too light weight occupying only 20 MB. So this may be the reason for the light weight code and we all knoit is not a complex game engine involved. There are many theories.......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast