Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Does it really make a difference in early and end season purchase?

  1. #1
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    268

    Does it really make a difference in early and end season purchase?

    For eg, if I buy a 4 star player in end season Season 1 who got 25 skill level. In Season 2 (assuming my club promoted to League 2) he will be demoted to 3 stars BUT his skill level remains 25
    Alternatively if I buy this 25 skill level player in start of Season 2, he will be 3 stars but still 25 skill level. So what's the difference in buying players end season ?

  2. #2
    Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    783
    Are you looking about quality or stars?
    Are you concerned about player monetary values or not?

  3. #3
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    268
    I'm mainly concerned about player's actual skills, as long as they remain same whether purchase end season or early next season, I'd rather purchase him end season to make sure I have a suffiently good team to compete for next season

    Quote Originally Posted by DiZZee View Post
    Are you looking about quality or stars?
    Are you concerned about player monetary values or not?

  4. #4
    Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Johannesburg, SA
    Posts
    783
    So you just answered your own question..

    The next question is the quality of the player you just bought????good or dump????

  5. #5
    Famous tongly45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    I'm mainly concerned about player's actual skills, as long as they remain same whether purchase end season or early next season, I'd rather purchase him end season to make sure I have a suffiently good team to compete for next season
    if you have Token (spent about 100 or more a season)this is the biggest mistake and we often make this mistake at level 1 2. your player will 25Q but next season you can buy a player 30Q with abit bigger $ and the same TK. why did you buy the 4*.
    in other way, if you have only 50 tk, so try to buy at the midle season, when nobody want to buy anymore.
    the only thing you buy in the end of season is 3* crappy player or keep your 18 yo young 2* till he retired to have better draw in the cup next season.
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

    competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

  6. #6
    Champion Dman2pt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lisbon, portugal
    Posts
    2,459
    I only buy at the end of season If i find a good fast trainer near the next star, better that my worst player.
    Last season i bought a triple role player with SA 5* near the 6*, this season he was my top scorer and top assister.

  7. #7
    Addicted Razz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    State of Montana, USA
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    For eg, if I buy a 4 star player in end season Season 1 who got 25 skill level. In Season 2 (assuming my club promoted to League 2) he will be demoted to 3 stars BUT his skill level remains 25
    Alternatively if I buy this 25 skill level player in start of Season 2, he will be 3 stars but still 25 skill level. So what's the difference in buying players end season ?
    Why would you buy a 25Q 4 star? You should be buying 34Q 5 star players.
    And as Tongley (almost) said, at the beginning of next season you could buy 39Q 5 star players.But at your level, you're probably best turning over most of the squad every season anyway.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

  8. #8
    Champion Saransh Vatsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    2,814
    I bought yesterday a 5* 54 Q 13 skill points away from next star keeper with one on one stopper. Next session he will become 4* and then again 5*. And since I needed new good one for the cup, cl and early league matches next season and cudn't get him during the first 7 days f the new session, I bought him and am happy.

  9. #9
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    268
    Thanks all, good points from all. Mine is a budget club policy and use very few tokens and cash as in game cash (following budget policy of my favourite club Newcastle), so after analysis of your points, I think buying end season should be avoided unless I can get a cheap player with skill level near next star and who will be a crucial addtion to the team, eg a substitute for right wing whereby I don't have any substitute for that position for my main right winger

  10. #10
    Famous tongly45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    I bought yesterday a 5* 54 Q 13 skill points away from next star keeper with one on one stopper. Next session he will become 4* and then again 5*. And since I needed new good one for the cup, cl and early league matches next season and cudn't get him during the first 7 days f the new session, I bought him and am happy.
    keep your eye in tranfer list tomorrow, i'm sure you'll see some 55-57 Q end with only 1 bid, even specialiste if he is older than 28.
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

    competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast