Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Can't stand 'Tankers' - its cheating and should be discouraged

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    This is codswollop! You do not automatically lose because you have a worse team on paper. As quoted by Nordeus "Tactics can overcome any team, even those teams that are of much higher quality" and i agree - The amount of times i have beaten higher opposition by altering tactics.

For instance I once played a level 8 team when i was level 3 and her team was so much better and she was top of the league and hadn't lost all season. I noticed she played 3 up front but only 3 at the back and played very narrow (through the middle) so i switched to 5 at the back, playing down the flanks and forced counter attacks. I won 5-1. I am a strong believer of moving things around to suit your circumstances.
    quality show the your team weak or strong not your level
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    This is codswollop! You do not automatically lose because you have a worse team on paper. As quoted by Nordeus "Tactics can overcome any team, even those teams that are of much higher quality" and i agree - The amount of times i have beaten higher opposition by altering tactics.

For instance I once played a level 8 team when i was level 3 and her team was so much better and she was top of the league and hadn't lost all season. I noticed she played 3 up front but only 3 at the back and played very narrow (through the middle) so i switched to 5 at the back, playing down the flanks and forced counter attacks. I won 5-1. I am a strong believer of moving things around to suit your circumstances.
    However you do automatically lose if you have nothing to play for. During the season, you're struggling and find yourself in 7th, what's the point in getting promoted and not getting any Champions League out of it? On top of that, all players will lose a star and you'll find yourself even weaker.

Tanking is a strategy in this game. Forget real life aspects because this game reflects nothing of the sort. That's how people want to play their game then that's fine. It's not breaking any rules, I'm not getting another account to give me free points every season and win the league. It's done within the confines of the game so I can't see why this is an ongoing argument. It's no different to me power training players and winning the league by 25 points every season...
    HULIANO and Cat Harrison like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    However you do automatically lose if you have nothing to play for. During the season, you're struggling and find yourself in 7th, what's the point in getting promoted and not getting any Champions League out of it? On top of that, all players will lose a star and you'll find yourself even weaker.

Tanking is a strategy in this game. Forget real life aspects because this game reflects nothing of the sort. That's how people want to play their game then that's fine. It's not breaking any rules, I'm not getting another account to give me free points every season and win the league. It's done within the confines of the game so I can't see why this is an ongoing argument. It's no different to me power training players and winning the league by 25 points every season...
    agree, the goal of league and champions league to find the best team in the same level. who invest more time or money or have a better knowdledge in tactics win.
    i don't bother to the one who tanking for get better next season in the league, only for the one use the skp to have better draw in the cup. it ruins the game esprit.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

Quote Originally Posted by tongly45 View Post
    agree, the goal of league and champions league to find the best team in the same level. who invest more time or money or have a better knowdledge in tactics win.
    i don't bother to the one who tanking for get better next season in the league, only for the one use the skp to have better draw in the cup. it ruins the game esprit.
    I wouldn't say it's "tanking" to get a better cup draw. That still comes under cup manipulation. Because i can easily do that without "tanking".

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by tongly45 View Post
    if he does some surrvey get some video. they have 100 tk a season. it's easy with 100 tk to do so. just choose a good periode
    Except that it's really not plausible. He is selling a potential 22 players, replacing them with at least 14 bought players and then getting another 11 good players on top that he will use to compete with.
    So he has to buy a minimum of 25 players, 11 being really good ones. On top he has to buy the 11 really good ones within a few hours before his first cup match, so has to face potential/very likely bidding wars. If you want to do this, those tokens ain't gonna get you through.

Also, there are plenty of people who can gain 0 tokens from videos and surveys who still manage to win cups without buying tokens. I don't mind regular tanking at all to catch up, but getting rid of all your players for an easy cup draw is just lame and doesn't earn any of my respect when glancing at his signature trophy cabinet.
    HULIANO and Dman2pt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Except that it's really not plausible. He is selling a potential 22 players, replacing them with at least 14 bought players and then getting another 11 good players on top that he will use to compete with.
    So he has to buy a minimum of 25 players, 11 being really good ones. On top he has to buy the 11 really good ones within a few hours before his first cup match, so has to face potential/very likely bidding wars. If you want to do this, those tokens ain't gonna get you through.

Also, there are plenty of people who can gain 0 tokens from videos and surveys who still manage to win cups without buying tokens. I don't mind regular tanking at all to catch up, but getting rid of all your players for an easy cup draw is just lame and doesn't earn any of my respect when glancing at his signature trophy cabinet.
    nope. as this kind of strategy. he iss 19Q better than what he started. in the worst case his opponent is 10Q below him. he need only 11 player and 3-4 sub only. he can keep the 6-8 place there by even 1* player (sometimes lower than 1*, kept them from his academy) and he need only buy 8-6 crappy
    in total, he has 20 tranfers a season. 100TK is really enough as he doesn't need to do it from the first day. he can buy only 5 player 5* the 1st day (50TK) but the 14 player after he spent no more than 50TK. that is how this plan work
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

The key is to back out of any potential bidding wars. I am always there when the first day of a new season starts to buy players. I do not buy all 5-star players on the first day. I buy 4-star players also and play defensively to get me good results in CL group stage, free 3-star players so I can resell later for money also. Usually when the first day just starts, there are less people bidding on players than later. After the first week, the heat of bidding wars cool off and I will buy the rest of 5-star players. I often spend max 3-4 tokens to get a player.

For the tokens, I can get close to 100 tokens by watching videos, installing software, and doing surveys because I live in North America. There may be plenty of people winning the Cup without gaining 0 tokens from videos and surveys. It can be true, but it also depends on the server on which you're on. I am on an active and competitive one, so many buy scouts and power train also.

It's all about timing and patience to buy players without wasting hard-earned tokens. Just FYI, and I play it that way for fun because it's just a game anyway, so you can save your respect and there's no need to mention it because I don't know you so I don't really care about that respect Peace out!
    Cat Harrison and Dman2pt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HULIANO View Post
    It's all about timing and patience to buy players without wasting hard-earned tokens. Just FYI, and I play it that way for fun because it's just a game anyway, so you can save your respect and there's no need to mention it because I don't know you so I don't really care about that respect Peace out!
    We all play for fun, that's the entire point of a non-profit game, so you can play it however you want to. When you put your trophy cabinet in your signature with a '' below it though, it's clear that you're somehow proud of it and want others to acknowledge your 'achievements'. I'm just saying that knowing you got all those cups by bottomfeeding, the signature is laughable to me.

Glad you don't need any 'respect', cause you won't get it . Not that anyone should get any in this fickle game though.
    HULIANO likes this.

We all play for fun, that's the entire point of a non-profit game, so you can play it however you want to. When you put your trophy cabinet in your signature with a '' below it though, it's clear that you're somehow proud of it and want others to acknowledge your 'achievements'. I'm just saying that knowing you got all those cups by bottomfeeding, the signature is laughable to me.

Glad you don't need any 'respect', cause you won't get it . Not that anyone should get any in this fickle game though.
    '' indeed means I am somehow proud of it because I can get those Cups without spending real money as many token-buyers do just to get the cup. Honestly, when you look at anyone's achievements with that so many Cups, it means either he/she is a constant token-buyers or the one that sell his/her whole team off at the end of very season. About the respect, it is different from the achievements in my viewpoint. The point is that if token-buyers can power train their players to get better chance to win the Cup, I can do it the other way without spending real money. All gives the same result that you have better chance to face lower-quality teams.

If I cared about the respect associated with those achievements, then I would not have told you guys about what I had been doing to get those Cups. Moreover, you already said I did not earn any respect from you. So of course, I knew I wouldn't get that respect from you. I am not that dumb, so you had to repeat it twice while I clearly said I didn't care about it in my first reply to your post.

I just play it this way in this sub-account because I don't add any friends. In my main account, I haven't actually won any Cup because I do not sell my players, so my team, most of the time is just past-6 star, then I normally face teams 2-3 levels above me.

I don't take the game seriously, so I play it that way just to make me feel better of not winning any cup in the main account which I play with my friends. That's why I don't see the point of bashing me by saying not giving me respect because I don't really care about it. I come to this forum usually to help out people who ask about tactics and info of the game and learn things I do not know. I see no point of arguing about how people want to play their game.

If I piss some token-buyer off because of those Cups I've won in this sub-account, then I am really sorry because I just want to make a point across that you don't have to spend money to win those Cups, because the stronger team you get the better team you will face and you will have to spend more money to power train.

If anyone think that a weaker team is beaten by a stronger, token-buying team, is fairer than that a weaker team is beaten by a stronger, non-token-buying tanking team, then well I have nothing to comment. About the spirit of the Cup, I don't give a damn about it. Not everyone is in a easy server, what if you're in a server that your 5-star team will always face teams with higher levels and get beaten right at the first round. I do not see much chance for that team to win the Cup. The Cup is inherently unfair all the time, so there's no such spirit. Assuming the spirit of the game to win the Cup not so easily, then well by facing teams like my sub-account, anyone cheering for that spirit can enjoy the game to the maximum extent because someday eventually that person can win the Cup by beating much stronger teams 1-3 levels above.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

@Huliano
    we all know that token buyer and the one whose keep all his team at the end of season are disavantage.

there ís noway that a token buyer can train his team more than 5Q a season. 5Q is great but it isn't unbeatable even you don't improve your team. if you are 35T team, 5Q is very easy that you can buy new player. in your case 20Q. i'm sorry, you are ruinning the game and the only thing you can proud here is you found a mistake in game engine. Nordeus need to fix it.
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast