Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Can't stand 'Tankers' - its cheating and should be discouraged

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Krile007 View Post
    Bye bye to your sense, if you read my post you would saw that I havet tanked anything yet and its posible that I wont eaither but I dont see tanking more chearing than buying tokens
    You still don't see it do you. Wise up. This has nothing to do with token buying, this is about intentionally losing games.

If you try tanking, make sure you go tell all your friends. Say to them .. yeah I played a game today, I played to lose, and yeah I'm proudly arguing that playing to lose is a good thing. See if you get any weird looks.

Playing to lose is not normal. It's really is quite embarrassing, and it has no place in any world of football.
    festinator and aiureah like this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    Look the flaw in yoru arguement is your hyprocracy. you only go after tankers and not token buyers who manipulate the game as well.
    This is an anti tanking thread ... if you care to start an anti token buying thread, then you may read more comments on the pro v cons of token buyers. This is not the thread to debate that in.

I really wish tankers could grasp the concept that most people here that are saying tanking is wrong and that it is cheating, are not token buyers. They are just normal players who hate to have to beat players who are intentionally trying to lose.

There's no fun in beating losers.
    festinator likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by TypTex View Post
    You still don't see it do you. Wise up. This has nothing to do with token buying, this is about intentionally losing games.

If you try tanking, make sure you go tell all your friends. Say to them .. yeah I played a game today, I played to lose, and yeah I'm proudly arguing that playing to lose is a good thing. See if you get any weird looks.

Playing to lose is not normal. It's really is quite embarrassing, and it has no place in any world of football.
    Xaxaxa...thats fun, I died laughing, allmost, not. And next time when you run out of tokens or needed cash you just open your wallet and pay, then you go and brag to your friends that you are great manager imao xaxaxa

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Krile007 View Post
    And next time when you run out of tokens or needed cash you just open your wallet and pay, then you go and brag to your friends that you are great manager imao xaxaxa

You're still not getting it are you.

Rookie
    You're still not getting it are you.
    Man, your ignorance really amuses me but I gotta go now

Rookie
    i really agree to your statement. the reason why i'm tanking actually is really personal. and it some kind of fetish to get 1st place award only. that's why i really can't stand to see 2nd place award and below that in my trophy room.

so i'm searching for how to win 1st, safely, almost without risk, i'm not looking for competitiveness since this is just a game for me. and then i found a thread about Tanking guide, and do it this season. since it's my fetish so i found happiness while doing this. honestly, in Real life, i love to work competitively with others and doing well. but not for a game, i'm doing it in leisure time just to satisfying my "weird" fetish.
    TypTex likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by neojihad View Post
    i really agree to your statement. the reason why i'm tanking actually is really personal. and it some kind of fetish to get 1st place award only. that's why i really can't stand to see 2nd place award and below that in my trophy room.

so i'm searching for how to win 1st, safely, almost without risk, i'm not looking for competitiveness since this is just a game for me. and then i found a thread about Tanking guide, and do it this season. since it's my fetish so i found happiness while doing this. honestly, in Real life, i love to work competitively with others and doing well. but not for a game, i'm doing it in leisure time just to satisfying my "weird" fetish.
    I understand that, and that sort of competitiveness is something I admire, wanting only to be 1st, just be a winner no 2nd places, yeah that's a good thing, and a great attitude.

It's a few steps above the level I try and play this game at, I just try and win every match I play, and if I win woohoo, and if i get beat, well it's only a game. To me it's the trying to win that counts. If I finish 2nd, 4th, 7th, 10th, then that is my natural finishing position in a league, anyone above me was simply better. But hell, next season I will be out to beat them all over again.

I don't buy tokens here, I do watch videos and get some extra tokens that way. I enjoy the game and the challenge of trying to win games here. I enjoy winning over better teams, teams that have had money spent on them, more than victories over any weaker teams. I hate winning against teams that aren't trying to beat me back, that is not not fun for me and a waste of time.

This is my whole problem with tankers, when a team intentionally quits during a season it completely messes up and distorts the league results, depending on who the tanking team has played and who they haven't, not to mention any games the tanker may try and win again, just to further distort a league. If there was a way for players to tank without messing up the leagues for everyone else, I would take no issue.

So a fetish for just coming 1st ... cool .. I like it .. it's just not for me in this game, but now you explain it, perhaps it's not so "weird".

Perhaps my fetish is for fair play, wanting to beat others and have others try and beat me, and at the end of the season to have a league table where I can be proud of how high I finished, weather that be 1st, 5th or wherever. But I agree nothings perfect and it is only a game.

Won't wish you luck with your fetish, but I understand your logic.
    neojihad likes this.

Some good points made here but here's my two cents. It's good to see two sides of the story.

I'm all for tanking as I am for power training. First of all, nothing is natural or realistic about this game so try not to include real life scenarios. You want to play good samaritan then good for you, but not everyone plays the same strategy. It's a sly strategy but is definitely not cheating. Cheating is having two or more accounts in the same league and giving yourself free points. First that's a facebook TOS violation and secondly the intent is to cheat. However with tanking, I see it a lot differently.

The big problem most people have is missing out on the Champions League and getting promoted. That I believe is worse than missing promotion in itself because you'll have no funds the following season to sustain a solid team. You'll end up being underpowered and just getting destroyed in every match. By missing promotion and tanking you are sacrificing your Champions League but with the same team in the hopes of a more successful league season. Fine by me, I'll keep winning league trophies and CL trophies while a tanker just takes it slow and tries to win a league. Remember, not everyone is a token buyer so a 35T a season team needs to budget and be economical with tokens so for them, tanking is the only way they can really have a chance at success.

As for disrupting league results, you are absolutely correct and that is a problem.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by neojihad View Post

Talk about totally contradicting yourself in the same post! You say you MUST have 1st place and nothing other than 1st is good enough. - Then you go on to say how you lose on purpose and your not looking to be competitive because its just a game to you. If nothing else neojihad you make me chuckle

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    Talk about totally contradicting yourself in the same post! You say you MUST have 1st place and nothing other than 1st is good enough. - Then you go on to say how you lose on purpose and your not looking to be competitive because its just a game to you. If nothing else neojihad you make me chuckle
    oh maaan, you still don't get it do you? read my post again, C.A.R.E.F.U.L.L.Y.
    the conclusion is i want 1st place without competitiveness. if i feel the opponent in league is stronger than me, i'll tanking. that's all for my fetish.

use your brain, before you said a word from now i bet you're smarter than this

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast