Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Something interesting about auctions - Possible way to get cheap 5* players

Rookie

Something interesting about auctions - Possible way to get cheap 5* players

This morning I logged onto my gf's top11 account, filtered 5* players, and there were around 20-30 5* players available, with auctions ending in 2-5 hours (None finishing soon). So I added 5x strikers to my favourites, and then logged out to do other things for a while.

I've now logged back in, maybe 1 1/2 hours later, and there are no 5* players on the auction list, BUT the 5x 5* strikers I put on my favourites list are all there. In fact, there are only 2x 4* players, both 30s (So they've only just become 4* players)

Filtering for age/5*/Ability etc still doesn't show any 5* players available (Other than the ones on my favourites list).

Removing a 5* player from my favourites list adds them to the list of available players (So there's 1x 5* player available).

However, if I log out and back in, that 5* player is no longer visible.

I already knew that you need to log out and back in to see new players, but what I've seen today now leads me to believe that we are only able to see a maximum number of players, and that the higher quality players are filtered out first (The player I unfavourited had a shorter auction duration than some of the existing auctions)).

Therefore, if you log in after server reset (When there are a lot of auctions with a log duration), it's prudent to either bid on them early, or add them to your favourites, so that they won't subsequently disappear from your auction list. If a lot of new auctions go up, and thus push 5* players off the table, you may then be able to pickup these players relatively cheaply, as other players won't even be able to see these players in their Top11 (Unless they also added the players to their favourites).

I think that this is why I often see bids on players, even when their auction still has 4-5h left. As these players who bid early, might actually have a decent chance of picking up the player for just 1x token, if no one else bids or adds the players to their list of favourites. Staying logged in for the entire 5h would also achieve the same effect lol.

course, every time you bring up the player auction, the others are in the game must F5,then see players which .
    Du học Đài Loan vừa học vừa làm - Tư vấn Du học Đài Loan chi phí thấp, vừa học vừa làm, hỗ trợ việc làm thêm thu nhập hấp dẫn.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by duchao View Post
    course, every time you bring up the player auction, the others are in the game must F5,then see players which .
    Maybe I didn't explain it well, as you've obviously completely missed the point I was making. So I'll summarise + include something else I've found:

When you first open the transfers window, there is a maximum of 100 players available (+ however many favourites you have saved).

If there are more than 100 players available for auction on your server, then the players with the highest quality will be "bumped" off the available list.

e.g. If you see a 5* player with a 5h auction at 10am, they might not be there at 11am, because new auctions might "bump" them off the list.

But if you add them to your favourites, then you'll still be able to see the player, even though other people can't (As their lists are also full of low quality players). Therefore, you can likely pickup these 5* players cheaply.

Of course as auctions finish, the list will get shorter, and so if you refresh the page you'll see more players. However new auctions are also constantly being added, and as lower quality players bump off higher quality players, if you don't add the 5* players which you initially saw to your favourites, they might not be there anymore after you refresh Top11.

This will mainly just apply to high population servers, as low population servers won't have as many auctions. But it's still something which could be very useful to know.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

No this is rubbish. No player is bumped off the list ever. They are removed once its auction ends and a new one replaces him.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Lazarou View Post
    No this is rubbish. No player is bumped off the list ever. They are removed once its auction ends and a new one replaces him.
    They aren't necessarily bumped off, but they become hidden from the player because the list can only show a limited number of players.

@OP They aren't cheaper because you still have to compete with people above you who view them as 3-star or 4-star.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyAnimal View Post
    Maybe I didn't explain it well, as you've obviously completely missed the point I was making. So I'll summarise + include something else I've found:

When you first open the transfers window, there is a maximum of 100 players available (+ however many favourites you have saved).

If there are more than 100 players available for auction on your server, then the players with the highest quality will be "bumped" off the available list.

e.g. If you see a 5* player with a 5h auction at 10am, they might not be there at 11am, because new auctions might "bump" them off the list.

But if you add them to your favourites, then you'll still be able to see the player, even though other people can't (As their lists are also full of low quality players). Therefore, you can likely pickup these 5* players cheaply.

Of course as auctions finish, the list will get shorter, and so if you refresh the page you'll see more players. However new auctions are also constantly being added, and as lower quality players bump off higher quality players, if you don't add the 5* players which you initially saw to your favourites, they might not be there anymore after you refresh Top11.

This will mainly just apply to high population servers, as low population servers won't have as many auctions. But it's still something which could be very useful to know.
    Your attention top11 will be filter best players to put on the list auction??????
    Du học Đài Loan vừa học vừa làm - Tư vấn Du học Đài Loan chi phí thấp, vừa học vừa làm, hỗ trợ việc làm thêm thu nhập hấp dẫn.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cheng View Post
    @OP They aren't cheaper because you still have to compete with people above you who view them as 3-star or 4-star.
    Yep they can, but they're significantly less likely to bid for a 3* or 4* player, whereas managers who are the same level as you will definitely want to bid.

So if you can save some of the good 5* players with long auction times to your favourites list, you might get lucky and have the server unable to display those players later in the day. If you can then identify this, you may be able to get the players cheaply (compared to equivalent 5* players who don't get bumped off the transfer list).

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I agree it is always a good idea to put a player you want on "favorites" as the list does seem to change.
    roni likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can confirm what OP said. I've seen the same procedure now every day:

at around 1am CEST the market is flooded with 18 and 19 year old 5* nordeus gens. It only happens once a day and the most of the players are gone after refresh/reload/relogging. Afterwards throughout the day seldomly a single of those players appears if at all.

It happens once a day in my server too ,thats when i get all my players for 1T but they are also very expensive .
    Last edited by roni; 11-25-2013 at 06:18 AM.
    Boys San :: Season 12 LV 12

League 11 :: CL 8 :: Cup :: 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast