Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: players quality (stars) vs Match AI?

players quality (stars) vs Match AI?

am confused .. the quality of a players is a simple calculation of (defensive/ attacking/physical attribute divided by 3) and thus how the stars system work
    ok sure that is not the sign of how good a players is , ex: my GK has 25 in defending but 13 in attacking, 13 in physical .. so his quality is 17, thus only 3 stars
    now the QS is:
    dose the match AI when generating the match actions is based on the actual players skills or the overall players quality (stars) or even defending/attacking/physical value? bcz it should be the individual skills not the misleading overall quality

i hope the skills are not here to be just as part of a decoration when match AI use much simpler way to calculate the game actions ..

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    am confused .. the quality of a players is a simple calculation of (defensive/ attacking/physical attribute divided by 3) and thus how the stars system work
    ok sure that is not the sign of how good a players is , ex: my GK has 25 in defending but 13 in attacking, 13 in physical .. so his quality is 17, thus only 3 stars
    now the QS is:
    dose the match AI when generating the match actions is based on the actual players skills or the overall players quality (stars) or even defending/attacking/physical value? bcz it should be the individual skills not the misleading overall quality

i hope the skills are not here to be just as part of a decoration when match AI use much simpler way to calculate the game actions ..
    Of course the actual player skills not the overall player quality bro but your physical skills is really low, that means your goalkeeper wont perform good even against AI. make it 20 and see what happens.

kind disagree tbh .. i have a feeling the game use more overall skills
    i played a team who had no GK , so he used another outfield players with 10 in handling but good in other defensive skills, but he kept making saves after another facing my 21 level strikers .. and I couldn't score !! .. what are the odds of seeing a defender in Southampton doing one save after another facing alike of RVP, rooney ..etc without conceding the whole game when playing as a GK ?

and disagree on important of physical side of a GK... you have a point if he needed to run faster, but sure not aggressiveness or stamina or creativity .. even strength .. a GK can't be pushed or it is a foul .. anyway even if physical side is needed , sure not all skills, and sure they are 10 times less important than his Goalkeeping skills ..
    thus not only the rating is wrong and deceiving as it is same calculation for each position , so it is really useless, but problem become bigger if Match AI do use it instead of skills

In real life football GK can be pushed when outside the goal area ("six-yard box").

Several years ago, in real life, Chelsea FC had all their GK's unavailable at one stage. I can't remember if it was a league or cup match, but they played their centre half (DC), in goal, right from the start of a match, and he kept a clean sheet after making several good saves. His name was David Webb. So these things can happen.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Adi
    Banned
    guys stop trying to understand this....the only logic in this game in profits....stars, skills...it's all visual

haven't you all seen weird game results? teams with weird tactics winning (no goalie, only 2 defenders,) tactics/ commands not working, guys who don't log in and watch games winning....and so on

this is about profits and spending and low-middle level managers are the target...........I've seen so many guys quit after lev 20, you'll get there and see how messed up things are

old forum closed, mods here and on support a let down.....they put in some graphics and some official kits....and they've fooled ppl again
    but the game engine?....don't bother to understand it

ex: i started playing with hard tackles not a single red card or injury since then, a few yellow only.......off-line subs don't work, when you sub it takes 10 mins to do it...so on....

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    Several years ago, in real life, Chelsea FC had all their GK's unavailable at one stage. I can't remember if it was a league or cup match, but they played their centre half (DC), in goal, right from the start of a match, and he kept a clean sheet after making several good saves. His name was David Webb. So these things can happen.
    what about other positions? .. he had almost 50% of players playing out of position .. a defender playing as a striker and as striker playing as a defender .. it was crazy .. my team quality was 17 with majority 3 & 4 stars while his one were 13 with majority 2 stars .. i expect him to pay peanlty for playing so many players out of position .. but nahhh . he was playing like better than normal and challenging me for every ball with such a freaky selection

imagine Arsenal playing Sagna as a striker and playing Cazorla as a CB and gibbs as a GK and same for another 4-5 players playing out of position and playing Bareclona .. do you seriously think that will work?
    only possible way it works is that the game is taking stars or (physical/defending/attacking values) into account more than the skills itself

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    guys stop trying to understand this....the only logic in this game in profits....stars, skills...it's all visual

haven't you all seen weird game results? teams with weird tactics winning (no goalie, only 2 defenders,) tactics/ commands not working, guys who don't log in and watch games winning....and so on

this is about profits and spending and low-middle level managers are the target...........I've seen so many guys quit after lev 20, you'll get there and see how messed up things are

old forum closed, mods here and on support a let down.....they put in some graphics and some official kits....and they've fooled ppl again
    but the game engine?....don't bother to understand it

ex: i started playing with hard tackles not a single red card or injury since then, a few yellow only.......off-line subs don't work, when you sub it takes 10 mins to do it...so on....
    many valid points tbh
    Playsmartpeople likes this.

Yesterday i played in league, and this is the result...
    I don't know why. My 6 stars players seem play like a 2/3 stars players.
    In the last part of the match i used offensive mentality and red arrows, but the opponent players stop every actions of my scout players.
    There is one explanation: My players were drunks!!
    If i'll see this type of score again in the future, i'll give resign and leave the game.
    Attachment 1260
    Last edited by Nino Pulvirenti; 01-25-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nino Pulvirenti View Post
    Yesterday i play in league, and this is the result...
    Attachment 1260
    about this i think they changed the formula of winning / formation of the team. usually i go against my inactive friend (lets say A), i always win 8-0, 14-0, 10-0, 6-0, etc2... but after yesterday crashed, and i tried to play him again, the result was 1-0 ONLY with me having 54-46 ball possession (usually 80-20) and he had more shots than me eventhough I was using the SAME SQUAD. unbelieveable brooo...

If its active managers i dont really bother about the scoreline but this is the inactive managers and the score in the last 5 games against him was more than 7 goals. thank you. i think there is something wrong with the server because of yesterday incident.
    Last edited by Playsmartpeople; 01-25-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast