View Poll Results: is tanking = cheating?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

11 18.33%
  • hell NO.. if buying tokens is fair, this one is fair too then

37 61.67%
  • Don't know

12 20.00%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: is tanking=cheating?

Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    If that is the case, then why do people buy Tokens??? To roll over other teams, right???? There is no other reason I can see???? Tanking is another way to do this.
    Even token buyers should then be told to win with managing skills not better teams..........
    Yes but when players buy tokens to get scouts or bid for players they're at least trying to win. When you tank you've just given up. And some tankers buy tokens any ways so they can power train up they're players for next season while they tank. I see the logic of tanking, but I look down on it. I dislike the idea of people losing on purpose.
    shwanko07 and TypTex like this.
    LIONS FC

Level 10, Season 10

S1- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd
    S2- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd, CL: 3rd
    S3- L: 4th, Cup: 2nd round, CL: R16
    S4- L: 1st, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals
    S5- L: 2nd, Cup: Playoffs, CL: Quarter finals
    S6- L: 3rd, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals.
    S7- L: 1st, Cup: Winners, CL: 3rd
    S8- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: Winners
    S9- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: R16

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by festinator View Post
    Exactly. Do everything you can to win. So actually try to win with good managing skills, not giving up and throwing all your games so you can roll over everyone in the next season.
    I can't say that I don't agree with you but if you don't have any chance also you don't have a lot of time to make some tokens or to search for players why you should fight for 6,7 place?
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    I can't say that I don't agree with you but if you don't have any chance also you don't have a lot of time to make some tokens or to search for players why you should fight for 6,7 place?
    Why shouldn't you fight to proceed to the next level? If you're team isn't good enough to make the top 7, then it won't make the top 7 and you'll have to remain on the same level, but you'll be able to do it the right way, and you'll become competitive again because of it.
    LIONS FC

Level 10, Season 10

S1- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd
    S2- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd, CL: 3rd
    S3- L: 4th, Cup: 2nd round, CL: R16
    S4- L: 1st, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals
    S5- L: 2nd, Cup: Playoffs, CL: Quarter finals
    S6- L: 3rd, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals.
    S7- L: 1st, Cup: Winners, CL: 3rd
    S8- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: Winners
    S9- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: R16

Yes but when players buy tokens to get scouts or bid for players they're at least trying to win. When you tank you've just given up. And some tankers buy tokens any ways so they can power train up they're players for next season while they tank. I see the logic of tanking, but I look down on it. I dislike the idea of people losing on purpose.
    I agree losing solely for the purpose of making up a stronger team is not very good, but is u get trolled to the limit and have no hope for CL next season, it is better to stay behind.

Why shouldn't you fight to proceed to the next level? If you're team isn't good enough to make the top 7, then it won't make the top 7 and you'll have to remain on the same level, but you'll be able to do it the right way, and you'll become competitive again because of it.
    It is not about team being strong enuf to get promoted. If u r out for half the season, return to find urself much Behind top 4 and still in top 7. Wud u like to get promoted for the sake of it????? And no CL means less money next season to buy better players and so, indirectly, u r screwed for next season as well.

Is it tanking if you let your players be but they're just really that bad? I've done it before but I don't use illegal formations or use bench warmers. I did it last season but I'm 3rd right now.

TAMARAWS FC
    "Futbol Club kan Ciudad nin Naga"

1st Place League: Seasons 3, 5, 6, 7, 17, 18, 21
    1st Place Champions League: Season 4
    1st Place Cup: Coming Soon(?)

Being out of CL whend you do not buy tokens it is the worst thing that can happen.
    League prices are not very high, mostly to help pay wages.
    CUP you Never know what can happen, also the prize money are only good After the first 3 stage.
    CL at least you have 6 games to earn good money.

I already stayed out of CL spots, and the season After is always very dificult, because the money is a problem.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    Isn't getting promoted an achievement in itself.

I considered tanking a season because I refuse to buy tokens and I started to fall behind some teams but Im on level 14 in my 14th season and I didn't want to break that. I consider being promoted 13 seasons in a row as an achievement.
    TypTex and Cat Harrison like this.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB79 View Post
    Isn't getting promoted an achievement in itself.

I considered tanking a season because I refuse to buy tokens and I started to fall behind some teams but Im on level 14 in my 14th season and I didn't want to break that. I consider being promoted 13 seasons in a row as an achievement.
    One of the best achievements
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Tanking 2 Seasons in a row, because they put me in a new server.. With no *5 on transfer list.. how can you stand enough with that condition??? Also in higher level you had to meet the T Buyer in league, tough I never afraid, but 5 teams T buyer in 1 league?
    NOW GOT BORED WITH THIS GAME

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast