Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: understanding player ratings

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    Your opinion?
    nope, just yours. at least i tell the truth, while you just say lies.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    No being snippy guys, everyone is entitled to their own opinion! This is what the Forum is about, managers expressing their ideas and opinions about the game. Please stay on topic and not start arguments, ok?

I find the ratings a mystery too, the midfield and GK especially. And I do wonder if the rating is an expression of how well the player performed, or how well against how he should have performed, or what. I am usually pretty good at guessing who will be MOTM, but am often surprised with the GK ratings.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    so if ratings mean nothing, what else in this game means nothing? it looks like condition and morale mean nothing too because iwin back to back games without changing or adding condition with not problems frequently.
    Formations....a couple if weeks ago someone put in here pictures of his teams formation to see if they do actually make a difference.

He played some ridiculous legal formations that should have been ripped apart easily yet he won. It was in a thread that got locked, I can't remember what one it was though but it was ridiculous that he was winning with some of his formations and some were against stronger teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    No being snippy guys, everyone is entitled to their own opinion! This is what the Forum is about, managers expressing their ideas and opinions about the game. Please stay on topic and not start arguments, ok?

I find the ratings a mystery too, the midfield and GK especially. And I do wonder if the rating is an expression of how well the player performed, or how well against how he should have performed, or what. I am usually pretty good at guessing who will be MOTM, but am often surprised with the GK ratings.
    GK ratings are just awful and make no sense.

I played a league this morning against a team that had to win to win the league, they were 2stars better than me, they were at home but I won 2-0 their GK made 1 save but got a rating of 8 and got MOTM. How is that possible?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB79 View Post
    GK ratings are just awful and make no sense.

I played a league this morning against a team that had to win to win the league, they were 2stars better than me, they were at home but I won 2-0 their GK made 1 save but got a rating of 8 and got MOTM. How is that possible?
    I am going to start to play asymetrical formations just to see how the engine tkaes it. apparently they usually always win.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Yes I rather hate the asymmetrical, they seem to have a win more often than ought.. even against significantly stronger teams.
    But I just can't bring myself to put my guys on the pitch all wacky... I am too finicky about symmetry.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123