Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Visual Guide of Counter Formations vol. I

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    I truly believe that counter formations don't exist !! - you really think that a game engine that reduces cards and injuries when you switch to HARD tackling, and when you counter attack it is often a defender that is up top and ready to score, not to mention the unrealistic 10-0 13-1 score lines that i have been getting all season .. Oh and the fact that you can put your GK's up front and still beat tougher teams really knows how to counter formations? - I really think counter formations are rubbish. they would be good for weaker teams to take advantage of but i really do think there has been so much time wasted analysing counter formations when there is no real proof the work at all. Not to mention the fact that Nordeus have never confirmed that formations countering other formations is something the game engine can analyse and utilise.

1/2 agree. Of course, the formation is not all in this game, my experience as a player say that;
    1st- quality of the team
    2nd-How are the players individually proggrammed
    3rd-formation,
    4th-mourinho xD
    I've seen + posesion, and + oportunities to score against some formations just makeing a change of formation, or simply when I put my ST as a AMC, so, I am sure that, as in all the games of simulation, the formation have a important % in the result.
    But, as I said, the quality and, to know how your players play, and how effective they are, and in what situations are they efective, is the 1st.
    That's my experience and that's what I use to play and decide.
    So, I think can be interesting put here different situations against different formations to see the + efective form to play against this.

Too we have to think that, this is not so simple, like to say "this formation beat this other" yeah, because thats not a game proggrammed in 2 days, and as we see we can see 100 different situations against the same formation and doing the same.
    So maybe we have to start a new and more "deep" form to see the matches, and for example, before a match, to play against a butterfly or 4-4-2, we have to see the "stronger" side of our team. Because maybe, if, like in my case, the bettere players are 2 defenders that stop all shoots, maybe I can win a butterfly using this advantadge of my defenders to put more MC's, and play with a 3-5-2 against a 4-4-2, and maybe if we analize in deepest form the matches, and we obtain more information than just the formation that we use against another, maybe we can have a better viewpoint of how do this game the simulations.
    Of course i respect all the ideas, but, I hope I explained well what I'm trying to say
    Last edited by khris; 12-11-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    Dman2pt likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12