Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Any comments from managers +10 levels?

Any comments from managers +10 levels?

I want to play more defensive as both CL and the league is wild this season!
    Here are my players, good enough i think but i want to win both CL and the league.
    So, i am listening to your advices on the way to the championship
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any comments from managers +10 levels?-ads-z.jpg  
    Season 10 Level 10
    Team : Real Mahmut F.C.
    Formations : 4-4-2 | 4-1-2-1-2 | 3-5-2 V | 4-3-2-1

League
    Champions (5) - Seasons 3,4,6,8,9
    Runners up (1) - Seasons 2
    Third place (2) - Season 5,7
    4th place (1) - Season 1

Champions League
    Champions (2) - Seasons 2,3
    Runners up (1) - Season 5
    Third place (2) - Seasons 8,9

CUP
    NO SUCCESS!

Well looking at your squad, Its a squad that is considered as a 'contender' to win both Champions League and League but the quality tells me its not certain because there bound to be other managers in the competitions that have sides of a similar rating or just below your team if they havent bought any tokens, If theres scout teams around then this will make it tough but its not impossible, but if you came up against a team of power trainer similar to a team I had last season, then forget it.

The important thing in my opinion is stay active and watch your games.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

There is Just 1 player in the league that i can consider as 'contender' also, and 2 or 3 in the Champions League. It is not that possible but last season i barely finished 3rd with a 9 scout players in my top eleven. So that is why i want to find a useful more defensive formation. Thanx for your interest man btw, i will try to stay active as you said.
    Season 10 Level 10

League
    4th place (1) - Season 1

Champions League

CUP
    NO SUCCESS!

First of all I would go and buy one more MC,one more striker, AMC,and DMC.You're good on wings.The CL will be hard to win anyway-last season I was level 9 and there were 3 full scout-teams(including mine )

Marcin Skucha-Vrihedd United
    League Winner-6 times
    Champions League Winner-3 times
    Cup Winner-6 times
    Season 10,level 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcxpcdx View Post
    There is Just 1 player in the league that i can consider as 'contender' also, and 2 or 3 in the Champions League. It is not that possible but last season i barely finished 3rd with a 9 scout players in my top eleven. So that is why i want to find a useful more defensive formation. Thanx for your interest man btw, i will try to stay active as you said.
    Sometimes you need to be offensive as well as defensive and make important decisions on how the games are going, 4-4-2 is fine, I play 4-4-2 normally myself, its not an attacking formation, but quite a difficult formation for other managers to predict because they don't know if the attack is coming from the middle or the flanks, but of course you need a Plan B if its not working, I have switched to 4-1-4-1 or 3-5-2 on a number of occasions when I feel its needed. I even started a game 4-3-3 against a Level 16 team when I was Level 13 in the cup because I knew I had to score goals and I switched to 3-4-3 near the end of the game to get an 89th minute winner that took me through on away goals. Sometimes you have to set yourself up a certain way when facing an opponent.

I think you are right. I never change my formation and use 4-4-2 regarding my opponent's formation. AMC and DMC may be useful against different formations. Seems like its time to change it from time to time
    Season 10 Level 10

League
    4th place (1) - Season 1

Champions League

CUP
    NO SUCCESS!

Yeah, i will buy a DMC and AMC to try different formations when it is needed. As i said, i've never changed it. It will be hard to get used to change formations towards opponents. And i think that is why i suck in CUP Never be able to reach the last 16. Just focusing on the league and the Champions League. Thanx for the advices.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Sometimes you need to be offensive as well as defensive and make important decisions on how the games are going, 4-4-2 is fine, I play 4-4-2 normally myself, its not an attacking formation, but quite a difficult formation for other managers to predict because they don't know if the attack is coming from the middle or the flanks, but of course you need a Plan B if its not working, I have switched to 4-1-4-1 or 3-5-2 on a number of occasions when I feel its needed. I even started a game 4-3-3 against a Level 16 team when I was Level 13 in the cup because I knew I had to score goals and I switched to 3-4-3 near the end of the game to get an 89th minute winner that took me through on away goals. Sometimes you have to set yourself up a certain way when facing an opponent.
    Season 10 Level 10

League
    4th place (1) - Season 1

Champions League

CUP
    NO SUCCESS!

Just to throw my oar in, I find 4-4-2 very easy to counter.
    Never even come close to being beaten with it.
    If quality is equal I'd back 3-2-2-2-1 against it any day of the week.
    Of course others will see it differently but in my experience any formation with 6 MF players will dominate 4-4-2.
    AS for the OP not a clue as I'm way behind in levels.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Quote Originally Posted by Mcxpcdx View Post
    I think you are right. I never change my formation and use 4-4-2 regarding my opponent's formation. AMC and DMC may be useful against different formations. Seems like its time to change it from time to time
    When your playing an opponent that also plays 4-4-2, I have found the 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond is a good choice to play against 4-4-2, the 2 central midfielders in the 4-4-2 cannot deal with the 4 men diamond in the 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond. Might be a good idea to read through the "How to win against any formation" topic, but for most games I am at 4-4-2, simply because I have a much stronger XI than most of my opponents on the same level as me. My Quality is 93.8 vs most teams in Level 14 are less than 85.0
    Mcxpcdx likes this.

Just checked my formations for the league matches,how many times I've changed it so far.
    Game 1. 3-4-3
    Game 2. 4-1-3-2
    Game 3. 4-1-3-2
    Game 4. 4-1-3-2
    Game 5. 4-1-3-2
    Game 6. 3-1-4-2
    Game 7. 4-3-3
    Game 8. 3-1-4-2
    Game 9. 4-4-2

Marcin Skucha-Vrihedd United
    League Winner-6 times
    Champions League Winner-3 times