Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Game engine

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    so weaker teams winning more often than "usual" is realistic? Marc, lets get downto brass tacks here. it would be best to define what is usual or expected. out of 100 games, how many times in real life would you say that a serious underdog wins? if we can find middle ground between us, at least we agree on how to judge things.
    I played 26 league games and lost none! - Therefore from my experience weaker teams do not win very often. BUT this is a game and of course the chances of the under dog winning are going to be increased, again if the underdog won as little as in real life weaker teams would lose interest.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    I played 26 league games and lost none! - Therefore from my experience weaker teams do not win very often. BUT this is a game and of course the chances of the under dog winning are going to be increased, again if the underdog won as little as in real life weaker teams would lose interest.
    this isnt about weaker teams losing interest. this is about winning. this is a game and people want to win every game unless you tank of course. that aside, give me a number out of 100 that an underdog team in the EPL should win. then out of 100 for la liga, then 100 out of bundesliga.

those 3 should give a fair average and then I will add mine, and we will get a few other voluteers to give us their numbers, first 3 to respond and that gives us 5 sets of numbers to average. then we can compare results a bit easier knowing what we think are troll results with a few more items. but this first

so weaker teams winning more often than "usual" is realistic? Marc, lets get downto brass tacks here. it would be best to define what is usual or expected. out of 100 games, how many times in real life would you say that a serious underdog wins? if we can find middle ground between us, at least we agree on how to judge things.
    lol at people comparing this game to real life. This game does anything but simulate to real life situations. Is a 5* defender outrunning an entire 7* defence common in real life football? If they were reading a magazine then that would happen. Obviously there are times when the far weaker team wins but it's happening far too often in this game that it's causing people to quit.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Yawn ... Far too talked about. I think anything to do with TROLL RESULTS or MATCH TIMINGS or BOTS should either be banned or all be redirected to the vent thread. Its so boring logging in and seeing the same conversations happening daily!
    Last edited by Marc Symons; 12-17-2013 at 02:40 PM.
    festinator and The Red Baron like this.

this isnt about weaker teams losing interest. this is about winning. this is a game and people want to win every game unless you tank of course. that aside, give me a number out of 100 that an underdog team in the EPL should win. then out of 100 for la liga, then 100 out of bundesliga.

those 3 should give a fair average and then I will add mine, and we will get a few other voluteers to give us their numbers, first 3 to respond and that gives us 5 sets of numbers to average. then we can compare results a bit easier knowing what we think are troll results with a few more items. but this first
    Personally i think people need to get over it and stop moaning. It happens every now and again (per person) its not worth crying about! - I would much prefer these 'Troll' results now and again. It keeps stronger teams on there toes.

Plus answer me this: If there are SO MANY upsets where weaker teams beat stronger teams why do you tank?? surly there is no need to tank if weak temas are beating token buyers as much as you say??
    festinator and The Red Baron like this.

Just giving my opinion here.
    Stronger teams do get beaten in real life by underdogs. It doesnt happen too often but it does. Look just a few weeks ago, Stoke City beat Chelsea 2-1 or something like that.
    I honestly think that weaker team beating stronger team ratio should be tweaked down a little. Cause lots of players are coming down to
    the forums every few days complaining about these unnessecary losses.

Too many "underdogs" winning here eh? Not realistic?

Here are just a few results from the EPL so far this season. How many of the so-called "better" teams have been trolled.

Cardiff 3-2 Man City, Liverpool 0-1 Southampton, Man Utd 1-2 West Brom, Aston Villa 3-2 Man City, Newcastle 2-0 Chelsea, Sunderland 1-0 Man City, Hull 3-1 Liverpool, Man Utd 0-1 Newcastle, Stoke 3-2 Chelsea.

So maybe our game is not so different after all.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Dreamer
    The bookies get richer and richer from people putting the top four clubs to win in their accas.

How many times in a season do all the big four/five clubs win in the EPL? Bookies nightmare if it ever happens.

Their are no easy games in football, and for anyone to say the best team on paper will or should always win, has a lot to learn about the beautiful game.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Maybe a good day fo the defense + good day of ST's. More, it's suposed that some players are programmed to be effective in some situations, and this was the case.
    Money is not = win, Mourinho is telling us that when we start the game.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TypTex View Post
    The bookies get richer and richer from people putting the top four clubs to win in their accas.

How many times in a season do all the big four/five clubs win in the EPL? Bookies nightmare if it ever happens.

Their are no easy games in football, and for anyone to say the best team on paper will or should always win, has a lot to learn about the beautiful game.
    I don't think that anyone says that the best team should ALWAYS win..... What everyone here is saying that the no of unrealistic losses should be decreased.

To Rayco, out of all the matches u listed, did any of the losing team have 70% possession????? Did anyone of them have 11 shots at goal and their opponent keeper had no saves??? Yes the weaker teams do and should lose. But not so many times as it happens in this game.

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast