Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Game engine

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    I don't think that anyone says that the best team should ALWAYS win..... What everyone here is saying that the no of unrealistic losses should be decreased.
    But are the losses that unrealistic?

As the EPL has been talked about in this thread, I'll continue this example.

Man Utd and Man City have the two most expensive squads in the EPL (around about 400m).

City played 16 - won 10 drawn 2 lost 4
    Utd played 16 - won 7 drawn 4 lost 5

If City or Utd (400m) were a team in this game . they would be 6/7 star teams, whilst the likes of Hull and Cardiff (squads worth 30-40 million) would be 2/3 star teams. Yet the smaller teams still can win and win well in real life, so why not here in the game?

Losing to weaker teams is not unrealistic, it's annoying, but not unrealistic.
    khris, festinator and Cat Harrison like this.

ridiculous to compare actual game with this game, in real game strong teams can lose for many reasons, but here i don't see any reason why a strong team should lose the weak. Everyone plays only for victory. the weak should win itself and not with the help of others. it will reflect negatively on the active players in the game will become more and more inactive players. here everyone plays for personal enjoyment. no fun no players. and should not be confused with real game virtual.

Quote Originally Posted by TypTex View Post
    But are the losses that unrealistic?

As the EPL has been talked about in this thread, I'll continue this example.

Man Utd and Man City have the two most expensive squads in the EPL (around about 400m).

City played 16 - won 10 drawn 2 lost 4
    Utd played 16 - won 7 drawn 4 lost 5

If City or Utd (400m) were a team in this game . they would be 6/7 star teams, whilst the likes of Hull and Cardiff (squads worth 30-40 million) would be 2/3 star teams. Yet the smaller teams still can win and win well in real life, so why not here in the game?

Losing to weaker teams is not unrealistic, it's annoying, but not unrealistic.
    I get u but what I am trying to say is in real life, games r decided by many factors. Playing conditions and all and even sometimes the X factor a luck is involved. Now since it is a simulation, I feel that that X Factor has been overdone. Because if a stronger team loses when the weaker team had centered its formation, played correct ordered, made correct subs, etc it was believable. But there r strong teams losing to lol teams when they have countered formation and what not!!! That is impractical. And in the matches IRL, the weaker team wins when its players play their heart out, with every bit of their energy. But in the game, taking all that into account is impossible and it just can not be decided in which match a player will suddenly get a super energy boost and will start running up and down the whole pitch, chasing everyone who has the ball and then taking it and running all the way to score. If that can't happen, then all the NGE does is picks some random match with some random victim and activated the Troll Protocol LOLs
    Well, what I just said. I hope u get what I am saying. I am feeling sleepy and so can't explain properly right now.
    Belgji likes this.

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

I played the weakest team in league today and scraped for a 2-1 win. Then 45 min later, I won against a stronger team in CL 4-1!!!! This proves how impractical this game is

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Dreamer
    Well, what I just said. I hope u get what I am saying. I am feeling sleepy and so can't explain properly right now.
    Thanks for taking the time to explain and yes .. your points do make sense.

Apprentice
    I get u but what I am trying to say is in real life, games r decided by many factors. Playing conditions and all and even sometimes the X factor a luck is involved. Now since it is a simulation, I feel that that X Factor has been overdone. Because if a stronger team loses when the weaker team had centered its formation, played correct ordered, made correct subs, etc it was believable. But there r strong teams losing to lol teams when they have countered formation and what not!!! That is impractical. And in the matches IRL, the weaker team wins when its players play their heart out, with every bit of their energy. But in the game, taking all that into account is impossible and it just can not be decided in which match a player will suddenly get a super energy boost and will start running up and down the whole pitch, chasing everyone who has the ball and then taking it and running all the way to score. If that can't happen, then all the NGE does is picks some random match with some random victim and activated the Troll Protocol LOLs
    Yes.. I agree!!!
    As this is a game, the factor should be these:
    1. How much of time the player/manager uses for his team
    2. How much he prepared for that match
    3. Differences of the players' conditions & morales
    4. Formations & tactics, including in match tactical changes & subs
    and so on....
    Oh... Don't get me wrong!!! Of course, the stronger teams should WIN... but well-prepared weakers should win sometimes(sometimes).
    And, the abandon teams should be dominated all the time & there should be no bot!!! I hate BOTTTTSSS!

" MAY NORDEUS CARES THE ACTIVE GAMERS "
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    I prefer the word 'upset' like in real football. The game's engine is programmed to purposely give these results now and again. Otherwise if the stronger team won all the time it would be unrealistic and off putting to weaker teams.
    But these so called 'upsets' seem to happen all the time in T11 and are off putting to stronger teams.

4am
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    But these so called 'upsets' seem to happen all the time in T11.
    They really don't. It's just games like this are highlighted whilst the vast majority proceed as expected.

Whether or not they should be possible in T11 is another matter entirely. I have sympathy for those in the 'no' camp.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

People say it happens all the time, but be honest now. How often do you get trolled in a season. In a 26 game league most people only get trolled 3-5 times if even. I dont think thats too unreasonable.
    Cat Harrison and Raykco like this.
    LIONS FC

Level 10, Season 10

S1- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd
    S2- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd, CL: 3rd
    S3- L: 4th, Cup: 2nd round, CL: R16
    S4- L: 1st, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals
    S5- L: 2nd, Cup: Playoffs, CL: Quarter finals
    S6- L: 3rd, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals.
    S7- L: 1st, Cup: Winners, CL: 3rd
    S8- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: Winners
    S9- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: R16

I don't think that anyone says that the best team should ALWAYS win..... What everyone here is saying that the no of unrealistic losses should be decreased.

To Rayco, out of all the matches u listed, did any of the losing team have 70% possession????? Did anyone of them have 11 shots at goal and their opponent keeper had no saves??? Yes the weaker teams do and should lose. But not so many times as it happens in this game.
    Maybe not 70% possession but still lose, but what about this from 4 weeks ago. Tottenham had 56% possession against Man City's 44, and still lost by 0-6.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast