Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Game engine

Quote Originally Posted by festinator View Post
    you aren't to bright are you? I'm saying that in this game a goalkeeper would have about the same defensive skills as a defender, just like an mc would an ml. goalkeepers are only trained in defense, defenders are mostly trained in defense. where did I even mention real life? give your head a shake.
    Hahaha.... im not the one who thinks it should be ok to play a GK at LB!!!! You do realise this is a football manager game? And youve got the cheek to say im not very bright!!!! Where did I say you mentioned real life?

Thanks for that post...it gave me a good laugh first thing in the morning!!!!

Cmon guys dont start calling each other names!
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LEPOARD STARS FC-Honour, Fight,Conquer
    Season 1
    -Didnt get promoted
    Season 2
    1st place
    Season 3
    1st Place+Quarter Finals Cup+Semi Finals Champions League
    Season 4
    3rd place league. CL Semis and Cup R16
    Season 5
    Erm...5th in league?
    Group stage of CL

Season 6
    Quarter finals in Cup
    5th in league

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Hahaha.... im not the one who thinks it should be ok to play a GK at LB!!!! You do realise this is a football manager game? And youve got the cheek to say im not very bright!!!! Where did I say you mentioned real life?

Thanks for that post...it gave me a good laugh first thing in the morning!!!!
    you said " when in real life have you seen a GK play DL" I'm talking about a game, not real life but you can't get that into your thick head and I do not know why. this is a game, not real life. so if a GK played at DL, it wouldn't make much of a difference because they have the same defensive stats. is that clear enough for you? yes this is a football manager game so you're contradicting yourself, saying it wouldn't happen IRL. of course it wouldn't happen in real life.
    LIONS FC

Level 10, Season 10

S1- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd
    S2- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd, CL: 3rd
    S3- L: 4th, Cup: 2nd round, CL: R16
    S4- L: 1st, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals
    S5- L: 2nd, Cup: Playoffs, CL: Quarter finals
    S6- L: 3rd, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals.
    S7- L: 1st, Cup: Winners, CL: 3rd
    S8- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: Winners
    S9- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: R16

you said " when in real life have you seen a GK play DL" I'm talking about a game, not real life but you can't get that into your thick head and I do not know why. this is a game, not real life. so if a GK played at DL, it wouldn't make much of a differencecause they have the same defensive stats. is that clear enough for you? yes this is a football manager game so you're contradicting yourself, saying it wouldn't happen IRL. of course it wouldn't happen in real life.
    Oh deary me I think someone is getting too excited that santa is coming!!!!

Whether its in real life or its a game doesn't matter at the end of the day its FOOTBALL, its all the same.

So what your saying is if im in need of a GK I should look at LB aswell for the position?

What you are saying is that in this game players positions mean absolutely nothing, that basically they should just be broken down into 3 positions, defence, midfield and attack? In fact why dont we just make it a game of any man save?

You do realise that if its ok to play your LB in goal or have your GK playing outfield that has absolutely no resemblance to football!!!!

And if you consider this game is based on real life football where you don't see GK playing outfield that is why this game is compared to real life!!!!

Now you run along like a good little child, santa doesn't come to those who TRY and insult people. And my god you are a trier.

I'm going to say this one last time, and let's hope you understand it. you train your goalkeeper in one category: defense. you train your defenders in mostly one category: defense. therefore, they both have the same stats in defense because you can't specifically choose which skill to put the skill points into. that being said, a goalkeeper could have better heading, tackling and marking skills than your defender, so if you put it in one of the defensive positions, it wouldn't make too much of a difference. you guys were complaining about teams that did this and I'm pointing out thats its perfectly logical in this game for a goalkeeper to be able to play in a defenders position. it probably won't play as well because thats not its assigned position, but it could still play. you obviously dont known how this game works if you think I'm saying you can put defenders in the keeper position because guess what? you get a possession penalty and are stuck with 20% possession the whole game because only keepers are allowed in the keeper position. Haven't you noticed that you can switch other players around and not get a possession penalty? thats because they can have the stats to play those positions as well.
    LIONS FC

Level 10, Season 10

http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...test-gk-d.html

take a look at this thread, and you'll know that what I'm saying isn't as crazy as you think. this game maybe be based on real life football, but in the end its still a game. you dont see keepers taking corner kicks in real life do you? they dont normally take penalties or free kicks either.
    LIONS FC

Level 10, Season 10

I'm going to say this one last time, and let's hope you understand it. you train your goalkeeper in one category: defense. you train your defenders in mostly one category: defense. therefore, they both have the same stats in defense because you can't specifically choose which skill to put the skill points into. that being said, a goalkeeper could have better heading, tackling and marking skills than your defender, so if you put it in one of the defensive positions, it wouldn't make too much of a difference. you guys were complaining about teams that did this and I'm pointing out thats its perfectly logical in this game for a goalkeeper to be able to play in a defenders position. it probably won't play as well because thats not its assigned position, but it could still play. you obviously dont known how this game works if you think I'm saying you can put defenders in the keeper position because guess what? you get a possession penalty and are stuck with 20% possession the whole game because only keepers are allowed in the keeper position. Haven't you noticed that you can switch other players around and not get a possession penalty? thats because they can have the stats to play those positions as well.
    Do you promise this is the last time because your boring me.

Let me leave you by saying this....whether it's a game or real life playing your GK in defence is not football!!!

If you go back to my original point the annoying thing about these troll results is a team only wins 3 games all season, all against the top 3 in the league with his GK playing as ST and his LB as GK. I don't care if its a game or real life, that is NOT football!!!!

Lastly I've seen quite a few GK take free kicks and penalties over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Do you promise this is the last time because your boring me.

Let me leave you by saying this....whether it's a game or real life playing your GK in defence is not football!!!

If you go back to my original point the annoying thing about these troll results is a team only wins 3 games all season, all against the top 3 in the league with his GK playing as ST and his LB as GK. I don't care if its a game or real life, that is NOT football!!!!

Lastly I've seen quite a few GK take free kicks and penalties over the years.
    As long as you understand what I'm saying about how this game works then yes i promise this will be the last time.

the fact that nordeus allows us to put gk in different positions says something. and to my original point, you're all right, these troll results are dumb but we all know nordeus has heard our complaints but hasn't done anything about it so why should we keep complaining if we know they won't do anything? lastly, you're exaggerating with "quite a few" obviously. the only time goalies will take penalties is when its a penalty shootout and they only take free kicks when its inside their own half and even then its usually defenders that take them. and I see you intentionally left out corner kicks.
    Last edited by festinator; 12-19-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    LIONS FC

Level 10, Season 10

4am
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    And please since u answered this cvonvincingly, can u please answer that part of the question which I asked Rayco, did any team losing have 70% possession?????
    Tottenham, for the first hour of their 2-1 defeat at home to West Ham United in the Capital One Cup last night enjoyed an average of 73 per cent possession. Final stat was something like 63-37 in their favour.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

As long as you understand what I'm saying about how this game works then yes i promise this will be the last time.

the fact that nordeus allows us to put gk in different positions says something. and to my original point, you're all right, these troll results are dumb but we all know nordeus has heard our complaints but hasn't done anything about it so why should we keep complaining if we know they won't do anything? lastly, you're exaggerating with "quite a few" obviously. the only time goalies will take penalties is when its a penalty shootout and they only take free kicks when its inside their own half and even then its usually defenders that take them. and I see you intentionally left out corner kicks.
    Im not going to say I agree with you but there you go. Don't lose sleep over.

Here's a list for you and I can give you some more if you still think im exaggerating.

Rogerio Ceni-109 goals-59 free kicks-50 pens
    Jose Luis Chilavert-62 goals including 1 hattrick
    Dimitar Ivankov-42 goals
    Rene Higuita-41 goals
    Johnny Vegas Fernandez-39 goals

All GK who scored goals from penalties and free kicks.

Am I still exaggerating or do want me to name some more?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast