Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Btw, the server is down again.

It's frustrating, yes. But the accusations get a bit over the top here and they don't help. Does Nordeus want to make money? Sure. It takes money to purchase and maintain the equipment to run the game. It takes money to hire the programmers. It takes money to hire support personnel. So quit whining about the money.

Do they need to improve things? Yes. They need a set policy in place to deal with situations like this. Our constructive suggestions and feedback can help with that.

Now, aside from the underlying software problem, there are two key issues here that affect our games. 1. the advantage gained if an opponent is able to watch the match but you're not. 2. The inability to switch rosters for a second game (Not having proper lineup & tactics set for the first match is your fault.)

I don't see any way to adjust for those competitive disadvantages other than postponing games.

Quote Originally Posted by Accyrover View Post
    Just got in through the phone.
    lol 22 quality against 48, 0-1 in the cup, good job I was the away team.
    League match at 20.20 so hopefully the desktop will be up by then.
    I had a similar result in the cup myself, a 1-0 away win against a far inferior team.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by Hired Gun View Post
    I got lucky and won both my League Game(by a goal) and my Cup Game. Sucks that people couldn't login to Manage their teams. I wonder how different things would have been?

I've only been playing a month and I hope this doesn't happen to often.
    Its happened about 3 times in the last month this login error, plus the last day of last seasons system error which caused most of the league games to be pre-simulated during server maintainance which in turn seen all the results removed from the league with all the game stats such as injuries, cards, goalscorers remain on the system, login errors can be frustrating but most managers (except those still logged in-game before login error) would of been offline so both managers were likely to miss the game so its not a big deal. Last seasons last game pre-sim error is a serious error that we all hope would not happen again because that would only cause uproar because games would of been unexpectedly simmed without managers knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    2. The inability to switch rosters for a second game (Not having proper lineup & tactics set for the first match is your fault.)
    I disagree, living on the other side of the world means that the times are not exactly easy for people to play so if your tactics are not correct for the first game it is not your fault. There are many people trying to log in before theyre game is starting but they can not get in. There have been previous comments of people waiting for a few hours trying to get in.

I understand Nordeus have to make money and if they didnt there would be no game to play. The issue is that some people pay money but for a game that they then can not play.

The best thing that can be done is the game is suspended and rolled back to when the error occured. Then there would be no need for any kind of compensation and the game can be continued fairly for everyone.
    jtcfmb likes this.

double post

any idea when it will be up? its like 10 hours i cant login

Rookie
    Again down? Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Down again!

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Do they need to improve things? Yes. They need a set policy in place to deal with situations like this. Our constructive suggestions and feedback can help with that.

Now, aside from the underlying software problem, there are two key issues here that affect our games. 1. the advantage gained if an opponent is able to watch the match but you're not. 2. The inability to switch rosters for a second game (Not having proper lineup & tactics set for the first match is your fault.)

I don't see any way to adjust for those competitive disadvantages other than postponing games.
    This is my point. The matches should have been postponed and re-arranged. Could you imagine if a Premier League match was unabled to be played for some reason, and the FA just decided that the match should then be played on a computer instead. Would the managers be happy?

On your other point about your own line-ups. Yes, you are right that it comes down to us for the set formations, but I personally always leave a shadow team out when not on-line, just in case someone arranges a friendly which I am in no position to cancel, to avoid injuries and fatigue to my stars.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    This is my point. The matches should have been postponed and re-arranged. Could you imagine if a Premier League match was unabled to be played for some reason, and the FA just decided that the match should then be played on a computer instead. Would the managers be happy?
    Or the result could be decided by the pools panel. Pools panel say 'Home Win' lol

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast