3 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Streakers and Slumpers - The Theory of Team Form

Quote Originally Posted by Belgji View Post
    I dunt really get wot ya mean!
    But, I'd like da share my survey:
    The winner of my league, he never get slump!
    Team form= 21W,3D,1L
    Team Qlty= 4th class in my league (I am 1st)
    I have tracing all the top 3Club in my league.
    Only that team, he never have get troll result (only 1-1D against Bot Team) , never lose even draw two matches in a week, all his draws and 1lose is vs the top 3, never get injury & red alot (of course he had but never more than 2 in a week as far as I see).
    The worst fact I noticed is.. He never attend for his live matches (only 2 I saw him).
    Now ,,, he is gonna finish the league with 9pt ahead of the 2nd place rival(my team )

I never had long streak or slump this season.
    What would you say for this????
    What is your opinion????
    What anybody else have the same situation?
    -------?
    ____????

PS: I can get an infinity kill streak if I visit to your Gonskies Planet with my Nazi made Sniper! Granteed!
    is the top of your league overpowering the rest of the league? if so, exclude them from your observation. im actually in the silver linings with my team, in between the token buyers and the nons. i ended placing in 4th, and im 4th strongest in the league. if i exclude us 4, i get a prettu much levelled playing field and i look through their games and stuff. as i said before barely winning might count as a slump

- start/length of days may vary
    - changing tactics/players with no effect when in slump
    - i (and i know many others) have terrible 1st weeks, where we suffer an insane amount of injuries during the auction frenzy *cough*. the worse ive gotten was 16 players. 2 per game, 2 games per day, empty day in between, over 4 days. I KNOW this slumpll return again this season. funny thing is i train players during the 2nd-4th week even pass the red line, and no injuries
    - the following 2 weeks my teams are on fire, even beating the actual top of the league (if somewhere in the ballpark, not some distant planet)
    - the last week my teams slump like hell. barely winning against even unmanaged/illegal formation teams. with draws and losses piling each day

im just trying to start a debate here, thats why my posts are kind of long. i did use basic english if anyone wants to translate it to their language and discuss it elsewhere. its sort of like a forewarning to the other managers. many people know about it already (and even have the same streaks and slumps as i have)
    everyday you should see people ranting about something (injuries, troll matches, cant win), but does that person rant. nope, there are weeks where ranters are quiet

goonskies be ready trollinho, hit me with yo worst!!!
    rangs to riches on the other hand arent -.-
    Cat Harrison and Belgji like this.
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

My worst slump lasted me two seasons.With player injuries and constant lost in quality. I decided it was time to dump the players I have using since season 1 and revamp. I dumped them all put together a new team and ended up going on a winning streak,that barely got me into the next level.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

2 seasons of constant slump?
    i am guessing you were promoted, then you decided to keep your former team? that probably means you were not at the next level's quality. i am probably guessing there are always unmanaged teams in every league. dd you compare your records to their teams?
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

kudos to cat

yea the quality of my team were higher than a lot of the teams in my league,but I had to drop a lot of players because they were doing horrible. Im happy with my current players. They show they are capable of competing now.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

thats pretty weird. you kept most of the team, but you were above average in your league? how did the league leaders compare to your team?

kudos to cat

I definitely agree with this theory of the varying form.
    I experienced this over the last seasons, from level 6 to 11, it's basically every year the same.
    What I learned from it is that it is not a good idea to change your tactics, sell all your players and buy new ones, to get over it. This makes it even worse, so to have a well-established formation is useful and gives you an edge over your opponents.
    Nevertheless, it will not help you to overcome the form crisis.
    Additionally, there seem to be some teams, that don'T have it. The following is just a idea of me, why this is the case: i have an opponent in my league for about 5 seasons, not having any huge form crisis (maximum 3-4 games every seasons in a row he looses). What is different to the rest of the league is the fact that his squad consists of scouts only.

Maybe this is a brash way of nordeus to elicit more tokens out of us

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I have never resorted to Mr. Scout (ever.), and have had good seasons, without buying tokens. (not talking of BvB, my alts I do not buy tokens.) I did farm some though, and sometimes I can afford the youth on those teams, but mostly just regular transfer list players. I agree having just a few formations and not changing too much is better.
    Qambu Yaasi likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I farm most of my tokens and have a fairly strong team for the past 3 season (levels 2-4) as a serious player. I probably had the second strongest 1st eleven (strongest squad but my starters have lower stars than my bench) last season but ended 2nd because

1. I hit a slump at the start of the second round (lasted 4 matches)
    2. Couldn't beat a team that was 7-8 ratings below mine

Sticking to playing three formations only 4-5-1, 3-5-2 & 3-2-3-2 actually helped me progress.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

a bit too repetitive right having to see the same thing over and over again? usually an injury ravaged 1st week, then dominating for 2 weeks, and finally the slump. so qambu has a different pattern, do you see it every season? kind of curious

barely winning counts too IMHO. last season i was in second for most of the season. the top 4 were 3 token buyers and myself. my last 3 matches were against the other big 4s. before those 3 games i knew i was in trouble since i faced teams under +10* illegal and unmanaged teams and barely won with just 1 goal. even the top of the league (5* over me) barely won with one of the lowest (15ish* to him). i dropped to 4th, the top went on undefeated. even though he overpowered the league the slump was still visible at the end of the season. i wanted to put a dent into their league celebration but i was slumping then -.-

we see many people asking for suggestions on trying a new formation, we sometimes see the same person asking for another formation. i just keep it with th 4-4-2 for better and for worse. completely selling off players and buying new players to fit a new formation is bad for ones finances. wont do well during a slump

we hear lots of people complaining they just bought a scout and suck (i havent bought 1 yet), then they stop complaining. does that mean theres also a hidden teamwork value involved and the scouts perform as they should?
    Qambu Yaasi likes this.

kudos to cat

To answer your query, I believe the pattern is quite repetitive for me. I remember in Level 3 when the four of us were fighting for the title, I drew with a team that all the other top 4 team beat comfortably and after that I scraped through some matches (winning by 2 or 3 goals when the big boys were thrashing them). I simply concluded that I had bought the wrong type of strikers for my team.

As for scout players, I bought a scout just because I had enough tokens to do so. It was just to test out whether he was worth it. In another thread I shared my experiences on this but no harm repeating it here I guess.

A scout is supposed to be at least playable, since he is supposedly scouted (of course some like real football, there are bound to be duds). I thought I bought myself a dud too. He was a MC playmaker, aged 22. Placed him in the middle of a 3-man midfield and was outperformed by a 20 year old MC (fast trainer). His last five match rating regularly looked like 6-7-5-6-6. In my experience, playmakers do tend to score more goals, so I expected him to be my Paul Scholes. Unfortunately he only provided 1 assist in 18 matches and about 2 goals. Average rating of 6.3 including friendlies.

Finally I decided to ditch my 3-man midfield for a 2-man midfield and voila, it seemed as if the shackles were unleashed. My friend joked that since he was World Class (he went from Scout to World Class with 3 cones), my player probably felt insulted being asked to share the stage with 2 other MCs. He hit form at the right time and helped me finish 2nd. 8 assists & goals in 8. Was MoM for a crunch match with a rival who eventually finished below me. So I cant really say tht buying a scout is not a good idea but I guess formation plays a big part in success of a player.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast